Notices
Central VA The Richmond and surrounding areas forum. Introductions and regional topics go here.

Tax return - be responsible or splurge?

Old 01-03-2006 | 08:50 AM
superuser

Computer_Nerd Computer_Nerd Computer_Nerd Computer_Nerd Computer_Nerd Computer_Nerd Computer_Nerd Computer_Nerd Computer_Nerd Computer_Nerd Computer_Nerd
Default Re: Tax return - be responsible or splurge?

Pay off any credit card debt then treat yourself a bit afterwards. Are you done with your taxes already? Usually takes me a few weeks as the electronic version printed is typically more than 42 pages long when all said and done.
Old 01-03-2006 | 09:11 AM
Nic
Patron

Nic Nic Nic Nic Nic Nic Nic Nic Nic Nic Nic

Nah, not done yet, but it's not hard to get a rough estimate of how much you'll get back when you don't have to itemize every little thing.
Old 01-03-2006 | 09:14 AM
wub wub wub wub

VanillaThrilla VanillaThrilla VanillaThrilla VanillaThrilla VanillaThrilla VanillaThrilla VanillaThrilla VanillaThrilla VanillaThrilla VanillaThrilla VanillaThrilla

Originally Posted by Nic
Nah, not done yet, but it's not hard to get a rough estimate of how much you'll get back when you don't have to itemize every little thing.
Old 01-03-2006 | 09:30 AM
Nic
Patron

Nic Nic Nic Nic Nic Nic Nic Nic Nic Nic Nic

IRS website.
Old 01-03-2006 | 10:00 AM
superuser

Computer_Nerd Computer_Nerd Computer_Nerd Computer_Nerd Computer_Nerd Computer_Nerd Computer_Nerd Computer_Nerd Computer_Nerd Computer_Nerd Computer_Nerd

Originally Posted by Nic
Then why are you giving the Feds an interest free loan? Adjust your W4 to try to break even. I have 5 deductions, my brother claims 9 deductions and nearly breaks even. As bad as my taxes are, his are much, much, much worse as he pays in New York (home), New Jersey (office), Maryland (two rental houses), and Connecticut (wife's office).

"Republicans believe every day is 4th of July, but Democrats believe every day is April 15." -- Ronald Reagan
Old 01-03-2006 | 10:05 AM
wub wub wub wub

VanillaThrilla VanillaThrilla VanillaThrilla VanillaThrilla VanillaThrilla VanillaThrilla VanillaThrilla VanillaThrilla VanillaThrilla VanillaThrilla VanillaThrilla

How do I get an estimate right now from the IRS website? All I could find FAQ type things and how to find the status of my returns... but I'd like to get an estimate based on my taxes and my income. Is there a specific link you could provide where I can do that?
Old 01-03-2006 | 10:19 AM
Slow as Shit

Woodrow Woodrow Woodrow Woodrow Woodrow Woodrow Woodrow Woodrow Woodrow Woodrow Woodrow

I have just a bit left to pay off on my credit card and will use it for that and invest the rest.
Old 01-03-2006 | 10:24 AM
Drink Up, Chumps

blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah

Yeah, spending money on cars is stupid.

Surely you can find a used set on a Mustang forum. Buy them bitches and pay off your debt with the rest.
Old 01-03-2006 | 10:25 AM
superuser

Originally Posted by ZeRo_c0oL@work
How do I get an estimate right now from the IRS website? All I could find FAQ type things and how to find the status of my returns... but I'd like to get an estimate based on my taxes and my income. Is there a specific link you could provide where I can do that?
IRS Withholding Calculator. Use your end of year pay stub that lists total taxes paid to help calculate how much you should have paid and how much you have paid. Any leftover is your estimated return. Of course, this is simply a rough estimate. Will also help you to figure out how much you should have deducted each paycheck to break even so you aren't giving the Feds an interest free loan.
Old 01-03-2006 | 11:30 AM
Fanboi

Cobra4B Cobra4B Cobra4B Cobra4B Cobra4B Cobra4B Cobra4B Cobra4B Cobra4B Cobra4B Cobra4B

But if people are bad at investing, the tax return is a kind of forced savings.

Quick Reply: Tax return - be responsible or splurge?