Notices
Central VA The Richmond and surrounding areas forum. Introductions and regional topics go here.

Tuning for richmond cars

Old 01-06-2005, 01:43 PM
Registered Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
ClassicJDMCars has disabled reputation
Default Re: Tuning for richmond cars

Originally Posted by mAydAy
Ever tuned Megasquirt? I may soon want some pointers on some fine tuning and balancing out ignition advance and fueling for max power.

-Andy
Hm.. well I know I've never really herd of it but, you'll definatly need a wide band, also you got a link or something so I can see what features it has?
Old 01-06-2005, 02:39 PM
Registered Member

mAydAy is an unknown quantity at this point

I got a wideband.
http://www.megasquirt.info/ Theres the site about it.
http://www.msefi.com/ Thats the message board.
Its a full standalone system, very cheap system with plenty of features, good bang for the buck.

-Andy
Old 01-06-2005, 02:53 PM
Registered Member

ClassicJDMCars has disabled reputation

I got a wideband.
http://www.megasquirt.info/ Theres the site about it.
http://www.msefi.com/ Thats the message board.
Its a full standalone system, very cheap system with plenty of features, good bang for the buck.

-Andy
12x12 map is pretty weak, the price is cheap.... but seems like there's a lot of work involved just to get the damn thing ready to put in your car lol. Interesting none the less. One negative is I doubt anyone will have any base maps for you particular car, even though it's only 12x12 it's still a lot easier with a base map to start with.

Why do you want standalone anyway?

Last edited by ClassicJDMCars; 01-06-2005 at 02:55 PM.
Old 01-06-2005, 04:29 PM
Registered Member

No no I'm not doing it to my car, its for some other project cars I'm doing with some other people on the back burner. 12x12 isn't ultimate but its good nuff. There are some base maps some Volvo people have cooked up already. Its not too much work, you can buy a kit already put together for ~200.

-Andy
Old 01-06-2005, 05:09 PM
Patron

Terry@Fortune Terry@Fortune Terry@Fortune Terry@Fortune Terry@Fortune Terry@Fortune Terry@Fortune Terry@Fortune Terry@Fortune Terry@Fortune Terry@Fortune

No no I'm not doing it to my car, its for some other project cars I'm doing with some other people on the back burner. 12x12 isn't ultimate but its good nuff. There are some base maps some Volvo people have cooked up already. Its not too much work, you can buy a kit already put together for ~200.

-Andy
Is this fuel only? 12x12 is a bit weak but its easy to tune I know nothing of this system but looks like it will get the job done.

Terry, you are always welcome to use our dyno to tune whatever ya want. Just call ahead so I can make sure you'll have time. Me dyno, su dyno.
Gracias, I plan on tuning a few cars there in the near future. I may stop there soon
Old 01-06-2005, 05:10 PM
Registered Member

They have hookups for spark and EDIS. These cars will be sparked, no EDIS. It may be only 12x12 but it does pretty damn well and its constantly improving in its abilities.

-Andy
Old 01-06-2005, 06:42 PM
Registered Member

FlimFlam FlimFlam FlimFlam FlimFlam FlimFlam FlimFlam FlimFlam FlimFlam FlimFlam FlimFlam FlimFlam

I tune Mustangs and most Fords @ Performance Autosport. Everything else can be brought to our shop and anyone can have free reign on the dyno to tune if you all wish. Call us if anyone wants to rent out the dyno for their own tuning sessions. I dont mind one bit, but I still have to strap down the cars and push the buttons and what not.

784.8851...dynojet 224x.

holla.
Old 01-06-2005, 06:47 PM
Patron

Terry@Fortune Terry@Fortune Terry@Fortune Terry@Fortune Terry@Fortune Terry@Fortune Terry@Fortune Terry@Fortune Terry@Fortune Terry@Fortune Terry@Fortune

Originally Posted by RICE ETR
Can you tune my turbo car? he he.. I joke I joke...
I'd be interested to shoot the breeze with you one day about how you set them up... everyone kind of has their own theories on what works best and tunes slightly different on the same type set-up.
haha yeah I wouldnt feel comfortable with that car...never tuned a 8cyl turbo before Yeah would love to talk to you about tuning...actually pretty intersted in seeing your car close up....I love all turbo cars
Old 01-10-2005, 11:43 AM
Registered Member

Hey Terry -
You have any experience with SMT-6? I'm looking into getting it, got a good line on a setup and I think I just may.

-Andy
Old 01-10-2005, 01:28 PM
Registered Member

sohc_mshue sohc_mshue sohc_mshue sohc_mshue sohc_mshue sohc_mshue sohc_mshue sohc_mshue sohc_mshue sohc_mshue sohc_mshue

I too am trying to earn back the money i spent on my wideband. I have an innovate lm-1 wideband with a rpm converter and all for datalogging. I noticed you didn't really say anything about tuning hondas with uberdata. I am pretty good with tuning fuel maps for boosted hondas using uberdata so if anyone needs a wideband to use or needs any help tuning their honda with uberdata then let me know. I have a laptop for doing the datalogging, a rom burner for burning the chips, etc.

Quick Reply: Tuning for richmond cars