Notices
Central VA The Richmond and surrounding areas forum. Introductions and regional topics go here.

VCU Car Club/Roll Call?

Old 10-21-2008, 09:56 AM
Registered Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
RideOARdie is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: VCU Car Club/Roll Call?

We should def. find a way to make this work out. I have a few friends that i know would be down as well
Old 10-21-2008, 09:58 AM
(. )( .) & 8====>

Kim Jong Illin' Kim Jong Illin' Kim Jong Illin' Kim Jong Illin' Kim Jong Illin' Kim Jong Illin' Kim Jong Illin' Kim Jong Illin' Kim Jong Illin' Kim Jong Illin' Kim Jong Illin'

vcu did have a car club. commonwealth cars or whatever. there were probably a lobsterboy's handful of decent cars in that group.

the thing about richmond/vcu meets is that richmond blows as far as car culture goes. there's some errant street racing groups, but most of us don't have the fucking time to waste with meeting up just to dick around in a parking lot somewhere nor the patience of putting up with shit.

if there was a legitimate reason to meet, that could accommodate all of us in a fun, idiot-free environment, i think you would have a very good group going.
Old 10-21-2008, 10:09 AM
Jump In

integra-t has disabled reputation

These idiots, in my opinion are the only problem with meets. As in any situation, get rid of them ASAP and the problem is usually solved.

As far as commonwealth cars, I've never heard of that attempt before. Was it just ricers or something?

My legitimate reason for meets is simply to check out cars and meet car people. As many of you know, it is sometimes hard to meet new people in a new environment (which applies to me because I am a first year VCU student). I have just found that cars bring people together, giving us something to do and or talk about with one another.

If there are enough cars and people, just chilling and showing their rides, I'm pretty sure any average parking lot can turn into a fun envirinment. Central just needs to put tis together! I'm open to hearing insight and opinions on how to make this work.

Maybe there is something that the Central veterans know that I don't???
Old 10-21-2008, 10:24 AM
(. )( .) & 8====>

Kim Jong Illin' Kim Jong Illin' Kim Jong Illin' Kim Jong Illin' Kim Jong Illin' Kim Jong Illin' Kim Jong Illin' Kim Jong Illin' Kim Jong Illin' Kim Jong Illin' Kim Jong Illin'

Commonwealth Cars didn't get anything done as far as I remember. There was a G35, a bunch of rubbish cars, and I think Matt Shue was a part of it. They were also a registered student organization with VCU so they had the opportunity to get school funding. But it's dumb to think VCU would give them any money for standing around cars and doing nothing. Although, somehow, the gun club I started managed to bilk $500 in budgeted money from the SGA, but managed to never do anything about it. So, meh~

And Richmond car meets largely don't work because there's nothing to do in Richmond that involves cars. Fuck meeting up on a weekend night just to dick around in a parking lot. There's other things I'd rather do, like go to a bar and flirt/mock drunk girls. And fuck meeting up on a weekday night because I'd rather read a book (ie. rub one out) then go to bed.

If you give people a good reason to take a night out of their busy lives just to dick around with cars, then you got yourself a meet.
Old 10-21-2008, 10:47 AM
Jump In

Understood. Im sure your opinion represents Central's thoughts to an extent, and I understand there are "better" things to do than check out cars. A meet is not the only thing that I am trying to get out of this thread. My car buddies back home became some of my closest friends, although we met through our cars and our cars only. What I am trying to relay here is that we could all meet one another, and then there would be people not only hanging around cars all night, but hanging out with one another as well even when cars aren't a factor. Maybe I am just a lonely freshman with too high of expectations? Form past experience, car meets were a good way to meet people who are interested in the same things as you, meaning maybe a friendship would spawn.

I don't want simply a meet, I would just like to see Central come together and work/hang with one another in hopes of starting something positive. We are surrounded by dickheads in this forum and in our community, and I believe this would be a way to weed those people out and start (quotations stressed here, no homo yo) "loving" one another.
Old 10-21-2008, 10:54 AM
crème de la crème.

Fizzy Fizzy Fizzy Fizzy Fizzy Fizzy Fizzy Fizzy Fizzy Fizzy Fizzy

Im game
Old 10-21-2008, 11:02 AM
Jump In

It seems many are game man....I love your car! You made me want to get Works on my car too...

Off Topic! I happen to have a 2001 NHBP CL Type S. It is so comfortable with the nav and leather, etc. Acura FTW. Period.
Old 10-21-2008, 11:04 AM
Registered Member

jentegraGS-R jentegraGS-R jentegraGS-R jentegraGS-R jentegraGS-R jentegraGS-R jentegraGS-R jentegraGS-R jentegraGS-R jentegraGS-R jentegraGS-R

Too bad I graduated already
Old 10-21-2008, 11:13 AM
Jump In

Haha I'm sure you wouldn't bother anyone if you were to show up. The Evo and teg were both very nice cars that I would have loved to see.

I wish I was you...freshman year sucks even though I don't dorm
Old 10-21-2008, 11:37 AM

BasagPinoyToyo has disabled reputation

I'm down for this if we can get it going

Quick Reply: VCU Car Club/Roll Call?