Notices
Central VA The Richmond and surrounding areas forum. Introductions and regional topics go here.

Want a free car wash?

Old 07-13-2004, 08:14 PM
Motor Trend Mechanic

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
VT Prix GT 2006 is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Want a free car wash?

Haha yeah either way, its a lose lose situation for me. Laziness owns. Hell, hand washing my car around New Kent is prolly just as bad. Recycled water at high pressures is whats famous for fucking up the paint. I THINK most new car washes don't use soaps that are dangerous or harmful for the paint. And the water around here is pretty shitty.
Old 07-13-2004, 08:22 PM
Registered Member

FlimFlam FlimFlam FlimFlam FlimFlam FlimFlam FlimFlam FlimFlam FlimFlam FlimFlam FlimFlam FlimFlam

Its not only the soaps they use, but the way its applied. Having something jetted onto your car and jetted off is horrible ( high psi ) . On the other hand, having a gigantic set of brushes rub up and down your car is practically the anti-christ. The way they recycle water is also to be debated. Why would you want all the run off from that nasty Chevy pickup that just got washed to be recycled only to be put through a lousy filtering system, mixed with some industrial strength, wax-stripping soap and then jetted at your clear coat at 100mph. Horrible.

Hard water will also effect paint due to water spots that will be forever etched into the paint. Well water is notorious for that. You can NOT let well water (or any water for that matter) dry on your car.

Overall, gravel dust and water spots are the enemy. Laziness will only cost you in the end when you wana sell your car and its worth shit cause it looks like you let a 10 year old wash it with 600grit.
Old 07-13-2004, 08:23 PM
Banned

LOCO is an unknown quantity at this point

my dirt is my paint sheild