Notices
Central VA The Richmond and surrounding areas forum. Introductions and regional topics go here.

What do you do with an asshole like this?

Old 04-29-2008, 11:28 AM
ASE Master

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
onepointone has much to be proud ofonepointone has much to be proud ofonepointone has much to be proud ofonepointone has much to be proud ofonepointone has much to be proud ofonepointone has much to be proud ofonepointone has much to be proud ofonepointone has much to be proud ofonepointone has much to be proud ofonepointone has much to be proud ofonepointone has much to be proud of
Default Re: What do you do with an asshole like this?

On sidework I usually let it go when things like this happens. It blows, but its not the end of the world. I would definitely make it known that its a problem though. Its not like you are technically out money on parts (assuming he provided them), its just labor. Yes your time is worth something, but youll waste more time trying to get money thats probably not going to show up.

I would just take it as a lesson learned and be more particular on the next job.

Just my two cents..
Old 04-29-2008, 02:01 PM
Man in the BOX

Alice_in_Chains is an unknown quantity at this point

Unless you have something in writing stating that he was going to pay you $xx.xx dollars for the work, you have no legal grounds to stand on, and at the same time neither does he.

I'd be pretty hesitant to go after a hundred bucks, will probably end up costing more than it's worth in the long run (time off from work, court costs and so on).

Nothing comes between bros faster than women or money, in that order of course, and sometimes at the same time.

Chalk it up as a lesson learned, I'm a firm believer in "What goes around, comes around in the end", he'll get his at some point.

If you're going to charge for the help, get it in writing and get the money up front, no pay no play. The days of the "handshake deal" are dead and gone, it's all part of the downward spiral of mankind (just take a look around).
Old 04-29-2008, 02:29 PM
Registered Member

1slowxr4ti has disabled reputation

ya i dont trust any one.
Old 04-29-2008, 02:49 PM
life is good boosted

wheelman is a name known to allwheelman is a name known to allwheelman is a name known to allwheelman is a name known to allwheelman is a name known to allwheelman is a name known to all

stomp a mudhole in his ass and walk it dry
Old 04-29-2008, 03:00 PM
❒Good ❒ Better ✔Best

HighPSI TSi Guy has much to be proud ofHighPSI TSi Guy has much to be proud ofHighPSI TSi Guy has much to be proud ofHighPSI TSi Guy has much to be proud ofHighPSI TSi Guy has much to be proud ofHighPSI TSi Guy has much to be proud ofHighPSI TSi Guy has much to be proud ofHighPSI TSi Guy has much to be proud ofHighPSI TSi Guy has much to be proud ofHighPSI TSi Guy has much to be proud ofHighPSI TSi Guy has much to be proud of

Yea I'm really not sure of the reason I posted this, was just furious at the time I had been arguing with the guy for a while and I guess just to remind everyone not to make the same mistake I did.
Old 04-29-2008, 03:09 PM
Your Local DSM Tech

Hybrid AWD Hybrid AWD Hybrid AWD Hybrid AWD Hybrid AWD Hybrid AWD Hybrid AWD Hybrid AWD Hybrid AWD Hybrid AWD Hybrid AWD

so about my clutch....
Old 04-29-2008, 04:30 PM
VMSC

oggy54 has disabled reputation

Originally Posted by fc735
break his fucking kneecaps.
+1 go jack bauer on his ass
Old 04-30-2008, 07:48 AM
Registered Member

crznx2000 has disabled reputation

reason i dont do repair work for people anymore. and hey, not trying to thread jack, maybe its me, but over the years, it seems like the general population is getting dumber and dumber on ANYTHING to do about auto repair/maintenance. i can understand if your not a "car guy/girl" but there is a limit to how stupid ill allow you to be about the subject. i know people that dont know how to add oil. REALLY. or (and this is for scott) the people dont know the difference between a timing belt and a serpentine belt. But there in a auto store asking for the part anyway. Or they dont even know what year car they are driving. eh, anyw2ay, your buddy sounds like one of these people. if a person doesnt know jack about a car, i just wont do the work anymore.
Old 04-30-2008, 07:50 AM
Registered Member

crznx2000 has disabled reputation

i did have a discusion with a 240 kid the other day at auto zone, he kept assuring me me he needed a timing belt. nuff said.
Old 04-30-2008, 07:59 AM
superuser

Computer_Nerd Computer_Nerd Computer_Nerd Computer_Nerd Computer_Nerd Computer_Nerd Computer_Nerd Computer_Nerd Computer_Nerd Computer_Nerd Computer_Nerd

Tell his parents. Seriously.

Never charge friends money, use the barter system instead.

Quick Reply: What do you do with an asshole like this?