Notices
Central VA The Richmond and surrounding areas forum. Introductions and regional topics go here.

Where to find meth?

Old 07-17-2006, 11:35 AM
Damn street racers

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
trbowrx has disabled reputation
Default Re: Where to find meth?

Originally Posted by Topik
hahahha I definitely did a double take when I saw this thread title.
haha i had a feeling it would. the kit will be in tommarow so i will snap some quick pics.
Old 07-17-2006, 11:38 AM
Damn street racers

Originally Posted by RICE ETR
I used to run that kit....worked great....just make sure you always add the lube to the meth.
the guy at smc told me not to run lube with the kit i am going to be running about a 20% water to 80% meth mix. the reason for this is because the meth can almost reach its boiling point in the engine bay and the addition of water will raise the boiling point up.
Old 07-17-2006, 11:42 AM
Registered Member

Frost Frost Frost Frost Frost Frost Frost Frost Frost Frost Frost

to any water...
Old 07-17-2006, 11:42 AM
Jesus bilt my hotrod

Focal E46 is infamous around these partsFocal E46 is infamous around these partsFocal E46 is infamous around these partsFocal E46 is infamous around these partsFocal E46 is infamous around these partsFocal E46 is infamous around these partsFocal E46 is infamous around these partsFocal E46 is infamous around these partsFocal E46 is infamous around these partsFocal E46 is infamous around these partsFocal E46 is infamous around these parts

Originally Posted by FlodaSE-R
Petersburg. Im talking about the real shit.
and deep creek.
Old 07-17-2006, 01:54 PM
Registered Member

RICE ETR is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by trbowrx
the guy at smc told me not to run lube with the kit i am going to be running about a 20% water to 80% meth mix. the reason for this is because the meth can almost reach its boiling point in the engine bay and the addition of water will raise the boiling point up.
Hmm.... they must have changed pumps then.....the shurflos don't like any oil.
When i had the SMC kit on my car, i broke one of the fittings and sprayed about half of the jug all over my hot engine....nothing happened...so it's not as dangerous as many make it out to be. 50/50 will burn too.
As Frost said...run straight meth...you will thank us later
Old 07-17-2006, 06:52 PM
Damn street racers

Originally Posted by RICE ETR
Hmm.... they must have changed pumps then.....the shurflos don't like any oil.
When i had the SMC kit on my car, i broke one of the fittings and sprayed about half of the jug all over my hot engine....nothing happened...so it's not as dangerous as many make it out to be. 50/50 will burn too.
As Frost said...run straight meth...you will thank us later
well thanks for the advice. the shitty thing is when the meth starts boiling bad things start to happen, the pumps start to fail because of the air getting in the system, and sice SMC doesnt come with a failsafe on there kits yet i am going to add atleast a little water. Just to be safe.

And yes the old smc kits did reguire some lube mixed in with the meth.
Old 07-17-2006, 06:59 PM
Registered Member

1slocolt has disabled reputation

Originally Posted by Frost
to any water...
Yeah water is so awful to inject because its got almost twice the latent heat of evaporation as meth

Last edited by 1slocolt; 07-18-2006 at 08:08 PM.
Old 07-17-2006, 08:28 PM
Registered Member

It has zero fuel or octane value.... You can do a number with timing and boost running all meth... I read a study an FI user on Ls1tech did on IATs with different setups from just FMIC to FMIC with meth and 50/50 mix. After several pulls there was nothing that showed any consistently lower IATs with a 50/50 mix, just a minor stumble when it came in and less fuel and octane value... so less timing and boost.

I'm not even sure how the water can displace more heat given the low boiling point of Methanol... that boiling requires quite a removal of local air heat to sustain.

I'd like to see the physics that point to a difference in the two. FWIW, the study I referenced was meat and potatoes VS. your word. If you feel you have a valid point, get the data you used to arrive at the conclusion you posted. I'm honestly intrested.
Old 07-17-2006, 08:41 PM
Registered Member

Doing a little digging I find lots of claims about water being better for cooling, but no good science. Also, I was looking back through the logs from the addition of a Powerdyne blower on an RPM member's TA from tuning recently, and the meth alone on a 90deg day buries the IAT sensor at the bottom of it's scale.... 64degF. FWIW, his IATs were 180degF by fourth gear without it. Seems to me like the meth cools just fine... and like I said, all meth adds incredible octane for more timing and boost.

I can post screen shots of the logs with and without the meth from the car I was talking about above if need be.

-edit-
Who'd have figured... a real technical discussion here ...

Last edited by Frost; 07-17-2006 at 08:43 PM.
Old 07-17-2006, 08:46 PM
Banned

skott is an unknown quantity at this point

I intrested in seeing those logs frost. I havnt dealt or even read much on using meth in cars. gonna have to google it now...

Quick Reply: Where to find meth?