Notices
Cycle Corner Running with two less wheels than everyone else? This forum is for you.

To all the female riders out there...

Old 10-18-2006, 08:00 PM
d00d

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
duder is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: To all the female riders out there...

I atleast nod if I can't wave. I know someone that points.
Old 10-19-2006, 05:52 AM
LaShawn

djgrom djgrom djgrom djgrom djgrom djgrom djgrom djgrom djgrom djgrom djgrom

I know a girl who rides a CBR she was cool, and then in something completely unrelated I now think she is a stuck up bitch.
Old 10-19-2006, 10:43 AM
CLUTCH IT UP

Armenian has disabled reputation

Originally Posted by R6Buttercup
And like guys don't think the same. Just cause u got a bike doesn't make u a "Biker Boy"
Hey Mica, the movie Biker Boyz was really really gay i thought I'd just put that out there. I'd rather be called a 'squid" than "biker boy".
Old 10-19-2006, 12:01 PM
misunderestimated

Yamamaha has disabled reputation

Originally Posted by R6Buttercup
Don't categorize "all female's". I'm a female rider and I don't wave, I point and if I don't it's because I didn't see you. And WTF is your problem, grow up, if u don't get a wave/point get over it. And point the finger to the wrong person & see what happens. Safety is more important than waving/pointing & giving finger.
ok, thats not really what im talking about here....i mean, kinda but not really. What im trying to explain is that, I really know its not that BIG of a deal, but it just gets to me when people LOOK RIGHT AT YOU when you wave to them, and they just dismiss it like its nothing. Its an honor kind of thing. I mean, if you were to greet someone, and went to shake their hand, and they just looked at you, turned around and walked away, would you just stand there and say, well thats ok...

no. I highly doubt you would. You probably would be pissed and want to tell them how you feel. To me,its showing a sign of disrespect in the community that i feel like shouldnt be there just because you feel as though you are too good to wave/point/nod because you feel like you are better than that or that you dont ride that style of bike (cruiser vs sport, american vs european, japanese, italian etc.).

Whatever the case, if you are in traffic, mergeing lanes, hand on the clutch...you can still nod or something. I mean, you arent completely that involved and concentrating in what you are doing if you are worrying about what is across the road.
If you are that new to riding, more than likely you wouldnt be looking around that much, and would have that death grip with tunnel vision.

Dont get all butt hurt just because im saying my .02. Just understand thats how i feel. I know i said it like all females under this topic, and i shouldnt have made it say that, but every single one i have passed just did the same thing. Look and dismiss. Even the ones i have been coming up beside in the next lane over going the same direction just give a look and dismiss.

Last edited by Yamamaha; 10-19-2006 at 12:32 PM.
Old 10-19-2006, 01:10 PM
hatrs make me famous

skr00zloose has disabled reputation

Originally Posted by Armenian
Hey Mica, the movie Biker Boyz was really really gay i thought I'd just put that out there. I'd rather be called a 'squid" than "biker boy".
you have a point, being called a "biker boy" is disrespectful. i wouldn't want to be associated with that retarded ass movie.
Old 10-19-2006, 01:23 PM
LaShawn

djgrom djgrom djgrom djgrom djgrom djgrom djgrom djgrom djgrom djgrom djgrom

Originally Posted by shiftnlift
ok, thats not really what im talking about here....i mean, kinda but not really. What im trying to explain is that, I really know its not that BIG of a deal, but it just gets to me when people LOOK RIGHT AT YOU when you wave to them, and they just dismiss it like its nothing. Its an honor kind of thing. I mean, if you were to greet someone, and went to shake their hand, and they just looked at you, turned around and walked away, would you just stand there and say, well thats ok...

no. I highly doubt you would. You probably would be pissed and want to tell them how you feel. To me,its showing a sign of disrespect in the community that i feel like shouldnt be there just because you feel as though you are too good to wave/point/nod because you feel like you are better than that or that you dont ride that style of bike (cruiser vs sport, american vs european, japanese, italian etc.).

Whatever the case, if you are in traffic, mergeing lanes, hand on the clutch...you can still nod or something. I mean, you arent completely that involved and concentrating in what you are doing if you are worrying about what is across the road.
If you are that new to riding, more than likely you wouldnt be looking around that much, and would have that death grip with tunnel vision.

Dont get all butt hurt just because im saying my .02. Just understand thats how i feel. I know i said it like all females under this topic, and i shouldnt have made it say that, but every single one i have passed just did the same thing. Look and dismiss. Even the ones i have been coming up beside in the next lane over going the same direction just give a look and dismiss.

Yo, seriously stop lunch'en. Any little manuever that does not invovled riding the bike is basically a safety hazard. So somebody who does wave/nod/point/fart/whatever at you is being a safer rider then you. Maybe they look away cause they are gay and other biker chicks turn them on? I am seriously, you are activily fisting yourself and others for no reason.
Old 10-19-2006, 01:57 PM

s2k7 has disabled reputation

[QUOTE=R6Buttercup]

What's up Nate

[\QUOTE]

Not much, still checkin' out the old forum I'll be back this spring though with another bike
Old 10-19-2006, 06:48 PM
Registered Member

big_sur is an unknown quantity at this point

i got tired of waving, now i'm pretty much just that asshole that doesn't wave. it's not like if i'm in a car I wave to every passing car. i don't walk down the street and just start waving at other random pedestrians. it's not really to offend anyone, it's just that much effort i don't have to make anymore. i sorry but i don't view motorcycling as some brotherhood of the brave or something akin to that. congratulations you can figure out how to operate a bike, here's a wave! i ride a bike for my own enjoyment, not to be part of some social brotherhood where i have to wave all the time. so if you ever see me and i don't wave, don't take offense, i'm just lazy and I don't care.
Old 10-19-2006, 07:25 PM
Registered Member

xshanex has disabled reputation

Originally Posted by shiftnlift

People might get a nod or occasionally a wave from me. When I go for a cruise or for a ride on a nice day I can pass 100's of people and I'm not going to wave to all of them. This whole sense of community thing is overblown.....simply, I ride for me and I know a select few people who I ride with. I'd bend over backwards to help them. In the last year there hasn't been many people who I ride with. Just because some jackass has a bike doesn't mean he's one of my boys or automatically cool with me. Its not some huge brotherhood of buddies on motorcycles even though most people start out think so. I've had my bike broken down on the side of the road and had a dozen people on bikes pass me without 1 stopping to help....I actually needed help because I had a blown fuse and no cell phone. I've stopped for people who were dicks when i asked if the needed help because I was on a jap bike. I've met a lot more jackasses than cool people and have been almost been taken out by people riding like idiots. Not waving or acknowledging someone out on the road isn't disrespect....its called I'm paying attention to riding, not seeing them, and/or I've already waved to dozens of people today. Talking shit, endangering my life, or riding like an asshole around me is disrespect
Old 10-19-2006, 11:14 PM
FTP! Cop's Lie!

R1Buttercup is an unknown quantity at this point

mica for president
STFU Albin

Originally Posted by AFwestPunk
I was wondering when my rival would chime in here
I'll be back by springtime so be ready.

U know what I mean, guys getting bikes to be "biker boys".
U my #1 Stunna

Originally Posted by skr00zloose
you have a point, being called a "biker boy" is disrespectful. i wouldn't want to be associated with that retarded ass movie.
U a "biker boy"

Originally Posted by Nates95Accord

Not much, still checkin' out the old forum I'll be back this spring though with another bike
Ditto

Quick Reply: To all the female riders out there...