Notices
Cycle Corner Running with two less wheels than everyone else? This forum is for you.

Avoiding trouble with the police...

Old 09-04-2006, 04:59 PM
Registered Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
gilligan is infamous around these partsgilligan is infamous around these partsgilligan is infamous around these partsgilligan is infamous around these partsgilligan is infamous around these partsgilligan is infamous around these partsgilligan is infamous around these partsgilligan is infamous around these partsgilligan is infamous around these partsgilligan is infamous around these partsgilligan is infamous around these parts
Default Re: Avoiding trouble with the police...

Originally Posted by skr00zloose
you do have to have eye protection. that doesn't mean the officer was wrong, if he said you didn't have to have a face shield. even just regular eye glasses counts for eye protection.

and btw, don't always believe what an officer tells you is "the law". alot of times, they just don't know. i've gotten pulled for many things that aren't illegal, but the officer thought it was. (like not having a speedo, signals, etc)

and be carefull rolling up on cops in the middle of the night like that, they might spook easy. you may have nothing but good intentions, but they don't know that yet, and i'd hate to see someone get accidentally shot.
WTF.YOU DONT HAVE A SPEEDO OR TURN SIGNALS?ARE FUCKING CRAZY?
Old 09-04-2006, 05:01 PM
Registered Member

ef9zc has disabled reputation

Kentucky has a no helmet law your lucky you didn't get caught lying, not that you would of gotten in trouble you would have just looked really dumb
Old 09-04-2006, 05:02 PM
Registered Member

actually georgia has same law about face sheilds btw
Old 09-04-2006, 05:16 PM
wub wub wub wub

VanillaThrilla VanillaThrilla VanillaThrilla VanillaThrilla VanillaThrilla VanillaThrilla VanillaThrilla VanillaThrilla VanillaThrilla VanillaThrilla VanillaThrilla

Originally Posted by ef9zc
Kentucky has a no helmet law your lucky you didn't get caught lying, not that you would of gotten in trouble you would have just looked really dumb

uhhhhhhh, are you absolutely sure about that? my family is originally from Kentucky. I have NEVER seen anyone riding without a helmet in Kentucky, and I've seen a lot of bikes.

hmm.. http://usff.com/hldl/hlstatutes/kentuckyhl.html I'll be damned. I guess the great Bluegrass state just allows for more common sense and rational riders that choose to wear their helmets.

oh well... wouldn't have been a big deal anyway.
Old 09-04-2006, 05:19 PM
Registered Member

Yea just rode from ky to ga today. Alot of none helmet riders
Old 09-04-2006, 06:26 PM
Banned

AlWaYsBoOsTiN is an unknown quantity at this point
Question Re: Avoiding trouble with the police...

Originally Posted by Bustadust
my boy ran into a bird, said it practically exploded in his face lol
I was riding down Va Beach blvd about 2 months ago and a bird came out of no where from in front of this truck. Hit my arm and then flew right in front of me. When I say right in front of me.. I mean ass in my face sheild. I swatted him away and looked over at the truck driver who was laughing histerically. I didnt find it too amusing at the time.. but when I think back on it.. I bet that looked pretty damn funny.
Old 09-04-2006, 06:37 PM
Registered Member

CivEx has disabled reputation

i was down at the beach when they were havin a big meet a few months ago, and i asked a cop the same ? ( cause all my stuff is registered in NC) and he was like ,u have a windshield right, and i looked down and said ya, and he was like, that looks like protection to me, as long as u have that u dont have to have ur visor down
Old 09-04-2006, 08:44 PM
just a little 4x4

ChevyMudtruck ChevyMudtruck ChevyMudtruck ChevyMudtruck ChevyMudtruck ChevyMudtruck ChevyMudtruck ChevyMudtruck ChevyMudtruck ChevyMudtruck ChevyMudtruck

Originally Posted by skr00zloose
lol, i hit a bat at 100+ mph. didn't even see it coming. that HURT!

as far as the law on face shields, you have to have them closed any time the bike is in motion. it's rediculous, i know, welcome to va.
one of my friends hit a bat at like 50 . . . it was stuck on his shirt/chest flapping around so he was trying to push it off while riding . . I get it was funny . . said it hurt to . .
as far as sheild . . I think you do have to have some kinda eye protection wether it be glasses or sheild . . . I ride with my sheild up all the time but I wear glasses. . . . though it is nice to have a sheild when a dump truck is throwing rocks at ya and to many cars to pass . . . . .
Old 09-05-2006, 07:00 AM
oNi
Urusai! Baka!

oNi oNi oNi oNi oNi oNi oNi oNi oNi oNi oNi

yeah i was riding down the strip last week and while i was going slow as he11 a cop on the side of the street yells at me 'Visor Down!' as i stroll right by her, so i put my visor down. I honestly thought i could have it up, especially going that slow so as it doesnt fog up on me, but do we have to have it down just because we have a visor? I mean whats up with the guys with 3/4 helmets that have no visor at all? I thought as long as you have some sort of eye protection your good to go, and i do wear prescription glasses so it kinda threw me off when she said that, i honestly thought she didn't c my glasses or just didnt know what she was talking about.
Old 09-05-2006, 07:21 AM
hatrs make me famous

skr00zloose has disabled reputation

if you have glasses on, you can have it up, since you have eye protection. she may have not seen your glasses.

Quick Reply: Avoiding trouble with the police...