Notices
Cycle Corner Running with two less wheels than everyone else? This forum is for you.

Carb or FI

Old 07-28-2004, 06:47 PM
Patron

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Jesus Jesus Jesus Jesus Jesus Jesus Jesus Jesus Jesus Jesus Jesus
Default Re: Carb or FI

Originally Posted by Del La Sol 1320
just got in from riding with my friend, he has the same year and color... i rode it for like 3 weeks after i wrecked my 750 and didn't have anything to ride, awesome bike but just be careful they are sensitive
That is what I hear also that the R6 are very sensitive... how does the GSXR and R6 compair?
Old 07-29-2004, 05:26 AM
Gone.

FlipLegend is infamous around these partsFlipLegend is infamous around these partsFlipLegend is infamous around these partsFlipLegend is infamous around these partsFlipLegend is infamous around these partsFlipLegend is infamous around these partsFlipLegend is infamous around these partsFlipLegend is infamous around these partsFlipLegend is infamous around these partsFlipLegend is infamous around these partsFlipLegend is infamous around these parts

I rode one just like it and it felt so much lighter than my cbr, I swear I could throw that thing side to side on twisties but like DeLa said, they are sensitive. Let's just say trail braking was quite different from the cbr to the r6.
Old 07-29-2004, 05:29 AM
Va Beach Coast Rider

CBR600F4 CBR600F4 CBR600F4 CBR600F4 CBR600F4 CBR600F4 CBR600F4 CBR600F4 CBR600F4 CBR600F4 CBR600F4

I agree, the 04 R6 is the bike to beat..................on the track.
Old 07-29-2004, 02:06 PM

s2k7 has disabled reputation

Well, i hope to be riding here with you guys in the next few weeks
Old 07-30-2004, 10:36 AM
Yup, jolly poopbuggy

Corey Corey Corey Corey Corey Corey Corey Corey Corey Corey Corey

hey nate, when are you picking it up?
Old 07-30-2004, 12:41 PM

Originally Posted by greygti
hey nate, when are you picking it up?

I have the money now. I talked to him earlier this week and he doesnt want me to come get it till he gets the title from the bank, which they told him could be up to 3 weeks. So, after this week it will be 2 more weeks. I'm really anxious, and i want to go get it now. haha... I know i can go pick it up now, but i dont really feel comfortable having him mail me the title.

So if it happens to get to him this up comming week, ill have it by next weekend. If it doesnt come then, it will def. be the following week if the title gets to him on schedule. Man i hope he gets it soon

I have to make a trip up to newark, delaware to get it. Its gonna be shitty drive...but i might make the best of it and do alittle gambling in dover for a night.

here's what he just emailed me... I dont get it. I'll have to give him a call tonight and have him explain it better i guess..I was talking about him releasing the bike earlier before he received the title... and this was his resonse.

"I talked to DMV and there's not much they can do without a title or a lien release. I am expediting the title work with the lien holder. Let me know when you have the money and I can give you all the information you need to get insurance on it (VIN#, etc). Once you have that done, we can schedule the pickup for the next weekend or whatever. I am trying to get the title ASAP and should have it soon. There are fields on the title you need to fill out before I mail a certain section of it to DMV. Let me know what you think, and I will keep you posted on what I hear from the lien holder.

Thanks,
JR "

Last edited by s2k7; 07-30-2004 at 12:52 PM.
Old 07-30-2004, 01:25 PM
Registered Member

Del La Sol 1320 has disabled reputation

the whole title situation sounds like some good leverage for negotiating the price... i've had friends who bought bikes whose titles were on lien, its just a hassle thats all, no real work for you, but you just have to rely on someone else to make sure they do their paperwork and follow up w/ their bank and dmv and then ship it to you, took my friend about 2 months to get his, but i'm almost certain the guy wasn't doing a thing to really get the title, i think he blew the money my friend gave him before he paid the bike off and released the title
Old 07-30-2004, 01:32 PM

Originally Posted by Del La Sol 1320
the whole title situation sounds like some good leverage for negotiating the price... i've had friends who bought bikes whose titles were on lien, its just a hassle thats all, no real work for you, but you just have to rely on someone else to make sure they do their paperwork and follow up w/ their bank and dmv and then ship it to you, took my friend about 2 months to get his, but i'm almost certain the guy wasn't doing a thing to really get the title, i think he blew the money my friend gave him before he paid the bike off and released the title

Yeah, well... Im going up there with 5k. I talked him down a whole lot already. I think he was orginally asking for 6500 somewhere around there? Maybe once im up there i'll throw something lower and see what goes.. From the first time he PM'd me he said all he was doing was waiting for the title to come in the mail. Is that any different from what he just emailed me?
All i know, is that i have the money and im supposed to be waiting for him to receive the title before i head up there. He keeps talking about insurance, i shouldnt have to have insurance when i buy the bike from him, especially if i trailor it. The only time i need to show proof of insurance is to DMV when i go to register it here in VA...correct?

edit: ok, he was thinking i was gonna drive it back.....HAHA yeah right!

Last edited by s2k7; 07-30-2004 at 01:40 PM.