Notices
Cycle Corner Running with two less wheels than everyone else? This forum is for you.

Cycle whore thread

Old 08-02-2011, 02:47 PM
Function > Form

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
6CYLINDRSYMPHNY 6CYLINDRSYMPHNY 6CYLINDRSYMPHNY 6CYLINDRSYMPHNY 6CYLINDRSYMPHNY 6CYLINDRSYMPHNY 6CYLINDRSYMPHNY 6CYLINDRSYMPHNY 6CYLINDRSYMPHNY 6CYLINDRSYMPHNY 6CYLINDRSYMPHNY
Default Re: Cycle whore thread

Originally Posted by gnarlycharlie4u
this. except people post such stupid fucking prices that you have to haggle. it's a vicious cycle.

also, everyone thinks their shit is made of gold. and in this economy with fuel being as expensive as it is... they're almost right.
wait for the whether to cool off and for people to think twice about buying a bike "because it's cold and i'm a fucking pussy"

prices will stabilize. they always do.

Let's flip this around though... I'll probably wind up selling a bike or two this winter. Why not wait till summer?
Because I'm posting a price that's (much more than) fair and if you want to haggle, fuck you. That's why.

It makes the whole situation easier if you get it on there as soon as possible. Yes if its up there for a while you will get people low-balling the FUCK out of you because they think it won't sell. However, if you continually tell those people to diaf they'll leave you alone. Eventually you'll find a reasonable (maybe even polite) buyer and everything will work out.

I am in a different relm than most though. I deal in vintage bikes where there's a lot of sentimental attachment and emotion. The people that are after them don't usually want to go fast and ride like a douche, it's either old guys who had these bikes when they were a kid, a hipster (diaf candidate), or a genuinely interested and passionate enthusiast.

As long as you do the research, are open about everything, and price your ride fairly (and stick to your guns) it'll work out without too much of a headache.

On the other hand, have I lowballed people? Absolutely. But I always preface it as, "this is all I can afford, please don't waste my time or yours, but if you can't find a buyer and need it gone here's my offer." I don't hound them, I'm always polite, and I don't act like an ass.

African Child knows all about this method. Show your enthusiasm, be up front about what you are looking for and can afford, let the seller determine the rest.
That's how he got such a good deal; by not being a shithead.
I'm moving to Florida soon... where bike prices don't really fluctuate. I was hoping to get a bike here, while the seasons coming to a close and people are more willing to deal. So far, no luck.
Old 08-02-2011, 03:47 PM
I <3 Hikki Chan!

ProbeGT-ZE ProbeGT-ZE ProbeGT-ZE ProbeGT-ZE ProbeGT-ZE ProbeGT-ZE ProbeGT-ZE ProbeGT-ZE ProbeGT-ZE ProbeGT-ZE ProbeGT-ZE

Frame is now black...thoughts?

Old 08-02-2011, 03:52 PM
(╯°□°)╯︵ ┻━┻

Roxtar Roxtar Roxtar Roxtar Roxtar Roxtar Roxtar Roxtar Roxtar Roxtar Roxtar

way better than chrome.
Old 08-02-2011, 04:46 PM
Registered Member

sir loin will become famous soon enough

Originally Posted by AfricanChild
When searching google for tracks in VA all I can find is VIR and motocross tracks. Are there any others?...I'd love to do a try the track dealio.....
where are you located?
VIR is the only road track in VA, but Summit Point is only like an hour northwest of Fairfax, VA in WVA. If you really want to try the the track then it is not a hard to do. You need a truck and just sign up for it.
Old 08-02-2011, 11:09 PM
Band

paperassgasket paperassgasket paperassgasket paperassgasket paperassgasket paperassgasket paperassgasket paperassgasket paperassgasket paperassgasket paperassgasket

Originally Posted by Roxtar
way better than chrome.
agreeed. how'd you paint over it? Chrome is notoriously hard to paint over.
usually it has to be glass beaded or aluminum oxide blasted off
Old 08-03-2011, 01:58 AM
I <3 Hikki Chan!

ProbeGT-ZE ProbeGT-ZE ProbeGT-ZE ProbeGT-ZE ProbeGT-ZE ProbeGT-ZE ProbeGT-ZE ProbeGT-ZE ProbeGT-ZE ProbeGT-ZE ProbeGT-ZE

Originally Posted by gnarlycharlie4u
agreeed. how'd you paint over it? Chrome is notoriously hard to paint over.
usually it has to be glass beaded or aluminum oxide blasted off
orbital sander, 400 grid, 600 grit, 1000 grit, Dupli Color low gloss black engine paint. I like that paint because its a LOT more tacky than other paints and since it's got ceramics in it I imagine it should hold up to the heat.
Old 08-03-2011, 05:48 AM
Band

paperassgasket paperassgasket paperassgasket paperassgasket paperassgasket paperassgasket paperassgasket paperassgasket paperassgasket paperassgasket paperassgasket

Originally Posted by ProbeGT-ZE
orbital sander, 400 grid, 600 grit, 1000 grit, Dupli Color low gloss black engine paint. I like that paint because its a LOT more tacky than other paints and since it's got ceramics in it I imagine it should hold up to the heat.
good choice on the engine paint. it goes down a LOT easier than fucking frame paint.
3 sessions with that shit and I STILL couldn't get it to lay down the way I wanted to

Then I realized it's meant to go underneath the car so who the fuck cares what it looks like...
honestly though I think you'd be fine with a good, unreduced epoxy enamel... owait, i just realized: duplicolor=rattlecan.

gj
Old 08-03-2011, 06:36 AM
I <3 Hikki Chan!

Thanks
Old 08-03-2011, 08:24 AM
I like grape drank

Halfrican Halfrican Halfrican Halfrican Halfrican Halfrican Halfrican Halfrican Halfrican Halfrican Halfrican

Originally Posted by ProbeGT-ZE
Thanks
Bronze/gold le forks. Looks really good man.
Old 08-03-2011, 08:25 AM
I like grape drank

Halfrican Halfrican Halfrican Halfrican Halfrican Halfrican Halfrican Halfrican Halfrican Halfrican Halfrican

Originally Posted by sir loin
where are you located?
VIR is the only road track in VA, but Summit Point is only like an hour northwest of Fairfax, VA in WVA. If you really want to try the the track then it is not a hard to do. You need a truck and just sign up for it.
What are the safety requirements. Do I have to have new tires, safety wired, glass taped up/removed?

Quick Reply: Cycle whore thread