Notices
Cycle Corner Running with two less wheels than everyone else? This forum is for you.

Cycle whore thread

Old 10-31-2011, 05:05 PM
Full Access Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
endemic has a reputation beyond reputeendemic has a reputation beyond reputeendemic has a reputation beyond reputeendemic has a reputation beyond reputeendemic has a reputation beyond reputeendemic has a reputation beyond reputeendemic has a reputation beyond reputeendemic has a reputation beyond reputeendemic has a reputation beyond reputeendemic has a reputation beyond reputeendemic has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Cycle whore thread

must spread..... someone rep ^ for me.
Old 10-31-2011, 05:12 PM
TwoWheels YearRound

Southwade Southwade Southwade Southwade Southwade Southwade Southwade Southwade Southwade Southwade Southwade

more

Spoiler

Old 10-31-2011, 05:13 PM
TwoWheels YearRound

Southwade Southwade Southwade Southwade Southwade Southwade Southwade Southwade Southwade Southwade Southwade

Originally Posted by endemic
must spread..... someone rep ^ for me.
lol... thanks... I love Ducatis
Old 10-31-2011, 05:16 PM
Full Access Member

endemic has a reputation beyond reputeendemic has a reputation beyond reputeendemic has a reputation beyond reputeendemic has a reputation beyond reputeendemic has a reputation beyond reputeendemic has a reputation beyond reputeendemic has a reputation beyond reputeendemic has a reputation beyond reputeendemic has a reputation beyond reputeendemic has a reputation beyond reputeendemic has a reputation beyond repute

Guys I have questions

Is it a good idea to clean out the gas and oil out of the bike and keep it and sitting in the garage for winter? or leave them in the bike? What's your advices? I won't be riding on my bike during winter time.

Originally Posted by Southwade
lol... thanks... I love Ducatis
Old 10-31-2011, 05:19 PM
Sparkle Motion

jt223539 jt223539 jt223539 jt223539 jt223539 jt223539 jt223539 jt223539 jt223539 jt223539 jt223539

Originally Posted by gnarlycharlie4u
My experiences with the KZ have been limited to taking a look and deciding I'd rather buy another Honda.
But I'm sure there's not something so terribly different / difficult that I couldn't figure it out.

Joey's a BIG dude and they just weren't comfortable for him, he also didn't have rearsets, and it would have been IMPOSSIBLE for him to ride with his GF.

I'll ask him how much he wants for them.

Edit: he says whatever I can get for them I can keep... I'm gonna be nice and use that money to get him a set of brake pads.

sooooooo... lemme check the price on a cb750 puck and get back to you.

I'll be headed to newport news sometime soon if you wanna meet me there.
Ok let me know about the bars, I could most likely meet you in Newport news too.

I also think I fixed the clutch issue, just need to get these carbs cleaned out now.
Old 10-31-2011, 05:25 PM
Band

paperassgasket paperassgasket paperassgasket paperassgasket paperassgasket paperassgasket paperassgasket paperassgasket paperassgasket paperassgasket paperassgasket

Originally Posted by endemic
Guys I have questions

Is it a good idea to clean out the gas and oil out of the bike and keep it and sitting in the garage for winter? or leave them in the bike? What's your advices? I won't be riding on my bike during winter time.

depends on how long you plan on letting it sit.
Regardless you need to
  1. fill your tank with gas and put sta-bil in there.
  2. then run the gas out of the carbs
  3. If you're going to let it sit for a long while or you live in salty (beach) areas then be sure to fog your motor with some Seafoam motor fogger through the plug holes and turn the motor over while you do.
  4. If the bike is liquid cooled then I'd recommend draining it and preferably filling it with antifreeze (not 50/50) or some sort or winterizer.
  5. pull the battery and keep it on a trickle charger or keep it indoors and charge it once a week

be sure that you de-winterize your bike in the spring too. DON'T FORGET!

Originally Posted by jt223539
Ok let me know about the bars, I could most likely meet you in Newport news too.

I also think I fixed the clutch issue, just need to get these carbs cleaned out now.
Just found out I probably won't be coming down there as soon as I thought.
Brake pads are $30 so $30 works for me, how does that sound to you? they're black powdercoated, not chrome.

If you want to give me your carbs when I'm down there I'll take them back and clean them out, order and replace what needs to be replaced, bench sync them, and set them to factory settings, then mail them to you.

Depending on how much work it is I'll do it for free + $parts. If it takes me several days to get them straightened out (i.e. they're real fucked up) then I'll charge you a nominal fee ($25-50)

Last edited by paperassgasket; 10-31-2011 at 05:29 PM.
Old 10-31-2011, 05:34 PM
Band

paperassgasket paperassgasket paperassgasket paperassgasket paperassgasket paperassgasket paperassgasket paperassgasket paperassgasket paperassgasket paperassgasket

Name:  3XhbD.gif
Views: 246
Size:  499.6 KB

like a bawse

Name:  0xZ3s.gif
Views: 256
Size:  1.98 MB

LAWLS
Old 10-31-2011, 05:35 PM
TwoWheels YearRound

I'll do it for free
I was gonna +rep you for being a cool dude... but apparently I've repped you too many times already.
Old 10-31-2011, 05:47 PM
Sparkle Motion

jt223539 jt223539 jt223539 jt223539 jt223539 jt223539 jt223539 jt223539 jt223539 jt223539 jt223539

Just found out I probably won't be coming down there as soon as I thought.
Brake pads are $30 so $30 works for me, how does that sound to you? they're black powdercoated, not chrome.

If you want to give me your carbs when I'm down there I'll take them back and clean them out, order and replace what needs to be replaced, bench sync them, and set them to factory settings, then mail them to you.

Depending on how much work it is I'll do it for free + $parts. If it takes me several days to get them straightened out (i.e. they're real fucked up) then I'll charge you a nominal fee ($25-50)
As long as you don't mind, I would greatly appreciate that. I started cleaning them tonite (pain in the ass when they are all together) but I would be grateful if you would bench sync and set them to factory settings. I would be more then happy to throw some money your way regardless.

What size are the bars? 7/8 or 1"? and 30 sounds good to me, When do you think you will be down here?
Old 10-31-2011, 08:18 PM
Band

Originally Posted by jt223539
As long as you don't mind, I would greatly appreciate that. I started cleaning them tonite (pain in the ass when they are all together) but I would be grateful if you would bench sync and set them to factory settings. I would be more then happy to throw some money your way regardless.

What size are the bars? 7/8 or 1"? and 30 sounds good to me, When do you think you will be down here?
not entirely sure. I'm trying to get pictures from these other wedding photographers so I can make this wedding album for my friends. I'll be down there to drop it off. I was shooting for this weekend but I don't know if that'll happen :-/

Cleaning your carbs together rarely works out well.
If you can make sure they're all together so I have some sort of reference, instead of having to figure out how they go together that would be best.
If you need any parts like jets or o-rings or gaskets, etc... I'll contact you before I order them
Just FYI I get a 20% discount at the dealership so I can usually get shit pretty cheap.

The bars are 7/8" btw.

Quick Reply: Cycle whore thread