Notices
Cycle Corner Running with two less wheels than everyone else? This forum is for you.

Cycle whore thread

Old 09-28-2012, 07:28 AM
beautiful struggle

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Quentin has disabled reputation
Default Re: Cycle whore thread

According to him the LEDs aren't dot approved. Don't light up the whole plate. I'll try to get a night time pic. They actually light it up pretty decently. He was just being tough.
Old 09-28-2012, 08:02 AM
TwoWheels YearRound

Southwade Southwade Southwade Southwade Southwade Southwade Southwade Southwade Southwade Southwade Southwade

What was wrong with the exhaust?

Straight pipe?
Old 09-28-2012, 08:57 AM
beautiful struggle

Quentin has disabled reputation

No standard Two Bro's Exhaust. He was like I've heard louder, so I'll give you a warning on that.

Just checked my ticket he wrote "illegal white license plate light". Say what? Ugh. Now I'll have to rig something up. Court date is Nov. 27, but I'm moving by Oct 20. So gotta see if I can reschedule.

More I think about it, he was prolly just trying to meet quota since its the end of the month. And the fact he chased me down for like 2 miles to write me up for such a little thing.
Old 09-28-2012, 09:06 AM
TwoWheels YearRound

Southwade Southwade Southwade Southwade Southwade Southwade Southwade Southwade Southwade Southwade Southwade

Originally Posted by Quentin
No standard Two Bro's Exhaust. He was like I've heard louder, so I'll give you a warning on that.

Just checked my ticket he wrote "illegal white license plate light". Say what? Ugh. Now I'll have to rig something up. Court date is Nov. 27, but I'm moving by Oct 20. So gotta see if I can reschedule.

More I think about it, he was prolly just trying to meet quota since its the end of the month. And the fact he chased me down for like 2 miles to write me up for such a little thing.
There's been a shit ton of cops around the past two days up here.
Old 09-28-2012, 09:29 AM
armed teetotaler

Schlitz Schlitz Schlitz Schlitz Schlitz Schlitz Schlitz Schlitz Schlitz Schlitz Schlitz

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=K44tgOLn40A&feature=player_embedded
Old 09-28-2012, 09:30 AM
TwoWheels YearRound

Very cool.
Old 09-28-2012, 12:29 PM
armed teetotaler

Schlitz Schlitz Schlitz Schlitz Schlitz Schlitz Schlitz Schlitz Schlitz Schlitz Schlitz

Old 09-28-2012, 02:49 PM
Dont Be Scared Homie

Neo Xian Wu Neo Xian Wu Neo Xian Wu Neo Xian Wu Neo Xian Wu Neo Xian Wu Neo Xian Wu Neo Xian Wu Neo Xian Wu Neo Xian Wu Neo Xian Wu

Originally Posted by Quentin

Sounds like a bullshit ticket to me. I have a 3-LED pod light for my license plate and have never been pulled. And exhaust? That's just downright stupid. How many Harley's sound like they have straight pipes? That cop was just being a douche.
Old 09-28-2012, 05:40 PM
TwoWheels YearRound

http://motorcyclelawgroup.com/statutes.htm

12; § 46.2-1049. Exhaust system in good working order.

No person shall drive and no owner of a vehicle shall permit or allow the operation of any such vehicle on a highway unless it is equipped with an exhaust system in good working order and in constant operation to prevent excessive or unusual levels of noise; provided however, that for motor vehicles, such exhaust system shall be of a type installed as standard factory equipment, or comparable to that designed for use on the particular vehicle as standard factory equipment. An exhaust system shall not be deemed to prevent excessive or unusual noise if it permits the escape of noise in excess of that permitted by the standard factory equipment exhaust system of private passenger motor vehicles or trucks of standard make.

The term "exhaust system," as used in this section, means all the parts of a vehicle through which the exhaust passes after leaving the engine block, including mufflers and other sound dissipative devices.

Chambered pipes are not an effective muffling device to prevent excessive or unusual noise, and any vehicle equipped with chambered pipes shall be deemed in violation of this section.

Comment: Note that the above statute does not set a decibel level. It states that the exhaust must be stock or comparable to stock. It is extremely difficult to prove that the motorcycle had an exhaust not comparable to stock unless the operator tells the officer that such is the case. Keep in mind that according to State Code, localities may adopt ordinances regulating noise from motorcycles which are not equipped with mufflers and an exhaust system which conform to the above statute.
13; § 46.2-1050. Mufflers on motorcycles.

It shall be unlawful for any person to operate or cause to be operated any motorcycle not equipped with a muffler or other sound dissipative device in good working order and in constant operation.

No person shall remove or render inoperative, or cause to be removed or rendered inoperative, other than for purposes of maintenance, repair or replacement, any muffler or sound dissipative device on a motorcycle.

Comment: Once again, unless the operator confesses guilt, this statute is very hard to prove. Being that baffles may be located anywhere within the exhaust pipe, it is impossible to tell if a motorcycle has a sound dissipative device without pulling the pipes off and looking.
Old 09-29-2012, 07:41 AM
armed teetotaler

Quick Reply: Cycle whore thread