Notices
Cycle Corner Running with two less wheels than everyone else? This forum is for you.

Cycle whore thread

Old 11-24-2012, 05:10 PM
TwoWheels YearRound

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Southwade Southwade Southwade Southwade Southwade Southwade Southwade Southwade Southwade Southwade Southwade
Default Re: Cycle whore thread

I wanna make one of these rigs.
Old 11-24-2012, 05:52 PM
I like grape drank

Halfrican Halfrican Halfrican Halfrican Halfrican Halfrican Halfrican Halfrican Halfrican Halfrican Halfrican

So - I need various bits and pieces but no one has everything in one place. I don't want to pay lots of shipping >

At least my bike is going to be fucking awesome when it is done.
Old 11-24-2012, 05:53 PM
TwoWheels YearRound

Southwade Southwade Southwade Southwade Southwade Southwade Southwade Southwade Southwade Southwade Southwade

details?
Old 11-24-2012, 06:54 PM
I like grape drank

Halfrican Halfrican Halfrican Halfrican Halfrican Halfrican Halfrican Halfrican Halfrican Halfrican Halfrican

-I need a RH headlight bucket stud bolt where my nose/fairing join. I happened to snap off the head during a desperate battle of "No anti-seize needed, Italians are sweaty enough". - should be about 7 bucks

-I need an updated clutch push rod, which no one can give me the proper item number for. It has a little pin that inserts into the slave cylinder and keeps it from spinning and cooking the fluid. Huge win - finally Ducati listens, and mine is bent as it is. - that'll be about 40-50

-I need 2 small orings for that push rod - can't find the measurements for those. Apparently ca-cycleworks makes a viton version that can withstand up to 150* more heat than the regular orings. Necessary in a race twin motor.

-Need a new oil filter (hoping to find a reusable that isn't overpriced) should be less than 70.

-Crusher washers for the drain plug

-Orange LED strips- need to be waterproof with both a ground and power wire. Not "ground to self" chinese crap.

-4 DOT spec red rectangular LED lights, same specs

-1 ultrabright standalone white LED to be routed for license plate purposes

-2 small 'spot' lights for night riding. These will most likely be LED's as well since my electronic system is dodgy as it is (should probably just get a lithium ion battery while I'm at all this) I will never again go down because its dark and I can't see a deer coming.

Lastly - I finally figured out how I'm going to finish my "cored" exhaust. I'm going to do an awesome slash cut with the huge stock can. Ending in two 'box' shaped outlets that are slash cut. Best I can describe without giving away my design. So i need perforated tubing, a bit of muffler packing, a small(ish) square of steel, and a patient local welder to help me finish it up.
Old 11-24-2012, 06:57 PM
TwoWheels YearRound

Check out the lights on this thing.

http://www.z1000forum.com/forum/z100...rmation-8.html

Old 11-24-2012, 07:00 PM
I like grape drank

Similer to that - bit more subtle, however.

I was thinking of having them mounted higher up just below the nose, in between the forks. Below the triple tree?
Old 11-24-2012, 08:06 PM
armed teetotaler

Schlitz Schlitz Schlitz Schlitz Schlitz Schlitz Schlitz Schlitz Schlitz Schlitz Schlitz

Old 11-25-2012, 03:48 AM
Now drives a SWagon

Z33_Taxi Z33_Taxi Z33_Taxi Z33_Taxi Z33_Taxi Z33_Taxi Z33_Taxi Z33_Taxi Z33_Taxi Z33_Taxi Z33_Taxi
Default Cycle whore thread

I think as soon as im done with all my car registration issues Im going to get more motorcycle permit!

Then in the spring take a MSC course and start looking at bikes. Im liking the 80/90s Honda shadows

Sport bikes dont really do it for me
Old 11-25-2012, 07:10 AM
armed teetotaler

Schlitz Schlitz Schlitz Schlitz Schlitz Schlitz Schlitz Schlitz Schlitz Schlitz Schlitz

Old 11-25-2012, 07:29 AM
SPARKLE.motion

Hicky Hicky Hicky Hicky Hicky Hicky Hicky Hicky Hicky Hicky Hicky

Originally Posted by Z33_Taxi
I think as soon as im done with all my car registration issues Im going to get more motorcycle permit!

Then in the spring take a MSC course and start looking at bikes. Im liking the 80/90s Honda shadows

Sport bikes dont really do it for me
You don't need your permit to take the msf course. I wouldn't waste my time with a permit.
The msf courses are really fun. My instructors were awesome and funny as hell.

Quick Reply: Cycle whore thread