Notices
Cycle Corner Running with two less wheels than everyone else? This forum is for you.

Cycle whore thread

Old 09-06-2009, 01:54 PM
psycho jungle cat

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Spindrift Spindrift Spindrift Spindrift Spindrift Spindrift Spindrift Spindrift Spindrift Spindrift Spindrift
Default Re: Cycle whore thread

Owwwwwww!
Old 09-06-2009, 02:24 PM
psycho jungle cat

Spindrift Spindrift Spindrift Spindrift Spindrift Spindrift Spindrift Spindrift Spindrift Spindrift Spindrift

well here's the rundown:

Was heading down Battlefield away from lowe's and took the exit to 64 towards suffolk, I usually have some fun on those ramps and was earlier in the day but this was honestly not one of those times. Just started taking the ramp and before I knew it the rear end was outrunning the front and I was watching the bike slide on its side and the same for me but on my back. I noticed my back felt abit airy and realized I was burning my lower back, so I rolled over and the fun began. Suddenly im on my feet starting a no handed backflip, I try to put my hand back but I land on my head/shoulder and continue rolling. That's as much as I remember of the crash itself as it happened real fast.

I hop up to check myself out, nothing broken(or so I thought), boots scuffed, pants are surprisingly intact, gloves held up great, jacket torn on the shoulder pretty good, and helmet worked like a champ. I look at the bike and its draining gas, oil, and coolant, the tank is almost completely off and the seats torn...Better it than me. So I pick it up, its fuckin heavy btw, and lay it against the guardrail. Looking back I notice 3 oil spots in the road, how the hell did I miss those?!

Come to find out as the minutes go by my ankle is swelling up and really starting to hurt, got a pretty nice little road rash tramp stamp and an egg sized portion on my calf rashed as well. The ankle needs surgery with pins most likely and the rest is just gonna heal with time. Overall im in good shape and when I can get out the bikes gonna get everything ive been putting off.

Thanks to Grom(that site you posted reminded me why to wear gear when I wanted to slack on the jacket), Richie for coming to see me/providing me with the helmet, and Jake for coming to make sure I was alright on the side of the ramp. Im now enjoying a beer
Old 09-06-2009, 02:33 PM
holla

j4k3 j4k3 j4k3 j4k3 j4k3 j4k3 j4k3 j4k3 j4k3 j4k3 j4k3

Me and Paul are gonna bring you your bookbag later dude.

It was honestly a little heart breaking having to lay my old bike on the ground and scoop it up with the tow truck, but it could have been worse. Thank God we weren't having fun on those ramps like usual, someone could have ended up a goner.
Old 09-06-2009, 02:37 PM
Awesome.

MA-HALF-E MA-HALF-E MA-HALF-E MA-HALF-E MA-HALF-E MA-HALF-E MA-HALF-E MA-HALF-E MA-HALF-E MA-HALF-E MA-HALF-E

Originally Posted by Spindrift
well here's the rundown:

Was heading down Battlefield away from lowe's and took the exit to 64 towards suffolk, I usually have some fun on those ramps and was earlier in the day but this was honestly not one of those times. Just started taking the ramp and before I knew it the rear end was outrunning the front and I was watching the bike slide on its side and the same for me but on my back. I noticed my back felt abit airy and realized I was burning my lower back, so I rolled over and the fun began. Suddenly im on my feet starting a no handed backflip, I try to put my hand back but I land on my head/shoulder and continue rolling. That's as much as I remember of the crash itself as it happened real fast.

I hop up to check myself out, nothing broken(or so I thought), boots scuffed, pants are surprisingly intact, gloves held up great, jacket torn on the shoulder pretty good, and helmet worked like a champ. I look at the bike and its draining gas, oil, and coolant, the tank is almost completely off and the seats torn...Better it than me. So I pick it up, its fuckin heavy btw, and lay it against the guardrail. Looking back I notice 3 oil spots in the road, how the hell did I miss those?!

Come to find out as the minutes go by my ankle is swelling up and really starting to hurt, got a pretty nice little road rash tramp stamp and an egg sized portion on my calf rashed as well. The ankle needs surgery with pins most likely and the rest is just gonna heal with time. Overall im in good shape and when I can get out the bikes gonna get everything ive been putting off.

Thanks to Grom(that site you posted reminded me why to wear gear when I wanted to slack on the jacket), Richie for coming to see me/providing me with the helmet, and Jake for coming to make sure I was alright on the side of the ramp. Im now enjoying a beer
Glad you're not worse off.
Old 09-06-2009, 02:51 PM
#XV

El Negro is a splendid one to beholdEl Negro is a splendid one to beholdEl Negro is a splendid one to beholdEl Negro is a splendid one to beholdEl Negro is a splendid one to beholdEl Negro is a splendid one to beholdEl Negro is a splendid one to beholdEl Negro is a splendid one to behold

Glad to hear you're okay Jake. You gonna tell Karlie?
Old 09-06-2009, 02:55 PM
Dont Be Scared Homie

Neo Xian Wu Neo Xian Wu Neo Xian Wu Neo Xian Wu Neo Xian Wu Neo Xian Wu Neo Xian Wu Neo Xian Wu Neo Xian Wu Neo Xian Wu Neo Xian Wu

Good to hear you're ok man. Glad you were wearing gear and it wasn't worse than it ended up being.
Old 09-06-2009, 03:08 PM
psycho jungle cat

Originally Posted by j4k3
Me and Paul are gonna bring you your bookbag later dude.

It was honestly a little heart breaking having to lay my old bike on the ground and scoop it up with the tow truck, but it could have been worse. Thank God we weren't having fun on those ramps like usual, someone could have ended up a goner.
Thanks man, I just took a vicodin so I may be a little loopy in abit.

Originally Posted by SignfcntOthr
Glad you're not worse off.
Thanks man.
Originally Posted by El Negro
Glad to hear you're okay Jake. You gonna tell Karlie?
Yea I told her, definitely not the call she expected.

Originally Posted by Neo Xian Wu
Good to hear you're ok man. Glad you were wearing gear and it wasn't worse than it ended up being.
I cant imagine how bad it would have been without gear, also makes me wonder why the hell people ride in states without helmet laws the way they do. I honestly think I would have been dead without that. Also very surprised how little I felt with it, pretty cool haha
Old 09-06-2009, 03:21 PM
yes sir

rollingstock has disabled reputation

Originally Posted by skr00zloose
I gotta disagree. I've known Brian (the owner) at D&D for a loooooooong time, and his mechanic used to be my service manage years and years ago. Both of them know thier stuff, and they're good peoples.

To be honest, it doesn't matter to me what people think of my tuning. The only person I have to please with any tune is myself, and of course the customer. Haven't had any complaints yet I could give a damn about "bragging rights" or whatever. That's not why I do what I do.

But if you want to get down to brass tacks, I've re-tuned a handfull of bikes that were last tuned at redline, and they were all rich as hell on the top end. I'm not bashing, just stating the facts as I've seen them. Might be something to look out for next time you have your bike tuned there.

I'm done with this conversation though. I hate the whole "my shop is better than your shop" b/s. Every shop has pro's and con's. It's nothing new.

lol
thats why i didnt want to race this shop vs that shop... i really dont care.. im not tuning there. i love my new tune...i havent seen urs so i cant say anything..

as for D&D they charge $250 for this map.. i can send u the map if u want.. it cuts out alot.. u ask grom or chirs they both rode the bike with this map

ur right every shop as pros and cons..
Old 09-06-2009, 03:22 PM
holla

j4k3 j4k3 j4k3 j4k3 j4k3 j4k3 j4k3 j4k3 j4k3 j4k3 j4k3

I walk up, and see my ex girlfriend calmly posted up near a guardrail, her bodily fluids spread all over the place.

Great helmet, totally did it's job with minimal visible damage.

Sweet carnage. Didn't get pics of the ankle because I really didn't want him moving it trying to pose lol

Tramp stamp?

The bike on the tow truck. Thank God we know awesome people that jump out to help right away.

Oh, whats that sexy thing in the background?
Old 09-06-2009, 03:24 PM
yes sir

rollingstock has disabled reputation

Originally Posted by Spindrift
I cant imagine how bad it would have been without gear, also makes me wonder why the hell people ride in states without helmet laws the way they do. I honestly think I would have been dead without that. Also very surprised how little I felt with it, pretty cool haha

they die

Quick Reply: Cycle whore thread