Notices
Cycle Corner Running with two less wheels than everyone else? This forum is for you.

Cycle whore thread

Old 03-11-2010, 05:54 AM
vangorder

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
kick rox kick rox kick rox kick rox kick rox kick rox kick rox kick rox kick rox kick rox kick rox
Default Re: Cycle whore thread

Puig Double Bubble came in yesterday, put in on... HUGE difference.

Ordered a set of motodynamic integrated sequential tails today.

had a douchebag at the oceanfront last night ask me why I didn't get "a REAL R6" (followed by "how fast have you gone on it") .... I was like "What are you talking about, it is...?" He's like "No.. you have an S.." - I said "It's on '03..." --- "Oh.. wow... thats clean, thought it was new..."
Guess the red flames don't give it away to the yami noobs?

Last edited by kick rox; 03-11-2010 at 06:18 AM.
Old 03-11-2010, 07:11 AM
Registered member

D.Nick has much to be proud ofD.Nick has much to be proud ofD.Nick has much to be proud ofD.Nick has much to be proud ofD.Nick has much to be proud ofD.Nick has much to be proud ofD.Nick has much to be proud ofD.Nick has much to be proud ofD.Nick has much to be proud ofD.Nick has much to be proud ofD.Nick has much to be proud of

Originally Posted by ▁▂▃▄▅▆▇█
Puig Double Bubble came in yesterday, put in on... HUGE difference.

Ordered a set of motodynamic integrated sequential tails today.

had a douchebag at the oceanfront last night ask me why I didn't get "a REAL R6" (followed by "how fast have you gone on it") .... I was like "What are you talking about, it is...?" He's like "No.. you have an S.." - I said "It's on '03..." --- "Oh.. wow... thats clean, thought it was new..."
Guess the red flames don't give it away to the yami noobs?

Lol what an idiot.
Old 03-11-2010, 07:16 AM
LaShawn

djgrom djgrom djgrom djgrom djgrom djgrom djgrom djgrom djgrom djgrom djgrom

Originally Posted by FairladyZTT
They will total it... I am almost sure.. mine was close to being totaled out and it was just knocked over. New parts prices are rediculous. You might want to second guess that.. but its your call..
I think he has the option of insurance looking at it and then deciding to use them or himself depending on what they say. I think, I am not sure though.
Old 03-11-2010, 07:17 AM
1 happy dude

snikwad snikwad snikwad snikwad snikwad snikwad snikwad snikwad snikwad snikwad snikwad

Originally Posted by Dark-SRT4
Definitely worth it with the rear shock, a good rear shock can make a world of difference.
I've been contemplating the new Ohlins cartridges for my forks (09 forks w/ 30mm pistons) but I'd like to hear some feedback first...
the way i understand it, ttx shocks, ttx forks and all that top of the line stuff. isnt worth it until your ridiculous fast.
the ttx shock they say doesnt work unless youre fast as fuk. otherwise youre gonna have a hard time setting it up and getting it to work properly, ive seen where a guy thats way fast was actually faster with the 46prxls, than the ttx, simply because he wasnt aggressive enough to put the ttx to use.
i suspect the 30mm kit may be the same.
Old 03-11-2010, 07:44 AM
Ƴᴧᴍᴧӈᴧ

Dark-SRT4 has disabled reputation

Originally Posted by snikwad
the way i understand it, ttx shocks, ttx forks and all that top of the line stuff. isnt worth it until your ridiculous fast.
the ttx shock they say doesnt work unless youre fast as fuk. otherwise youre gonna have a hard time setting it up and getting it to work properly, ive seen where a guy thats way fast was actually faster with the 46prxls, than the ttx, simply because he wasnt aggressive enough to put the ttx to use.
i suspect the 30mm kit may be the same.
I don't know why someone would say that, have you been on a bike with a ttx rear and r/t forks? It's amazing, even on the street, and you can definitely tune them for street riding.
The great think about the ttx is that is uses positive pressure for both compression and rebound unlike a single tube that only has positive pressure on the rebound stroke. You don't have to be super fast to utilize a good suspension but you could get close to reaching the limitations of a stock setup.
Although I will not disagree that r/t forks or the cartridges will be overkill for any streetbike (just like the majority of modifications one does in general) the rear shock will surely make a worlds difference compared to a stocker.
Old 03-11-2010, 08:07 AM
LaShawn

djgrom djgrom djgrom djgrom djgrom djgrom djgrom djgrom djgrom djgrom djgrom

I don't know why someone would say that, have you been on a bike with a ttx rear and r/t forks? It's amazing, even on the street, and you can definitely tune them for street riding.
The great think about the ttx is that is uses positive pressure for both compression and rebound unlike a single tube that only has positive pressure on the rebound stroke. You don't have to be super fast to utilize a good suspension but you could get close to reaching the limitations of a stock setup.
Although I will not disagree that r/t forks or the cartridges will be overkill for any streetbike (just like the majority of modifications one does in general) the rear shock will surely make a worlds difference compared to a stocker.
Well he is actually right. On the street the shocks unless they are seriously numbed down actually make your ride more uncomfortable because they are made for fast paced track conditions. And very few people come close to the limits of their stock suspension on a bike, it requires a person of great skill to actually get to that point, and most people are not capable of that or do not have the experience to really justify the upgrade. I mean what do I know though, I just ride a 5hundy.

Jake....I heart you so much.

Last edited by djgrom; 03-11-2010 at 08:21 AM.
Old 03-11-2010, 08:22 AM
1 happy dude

snikwad snikwad snikwad snikwad snikwad snikwad snikwad snikwad snikwad snikwad snikwad

ridden with r&t forks, not ttx.
the r&t forks are great, theyre designed just for that.
i guess what im getting at is, do you really need 30mm cartridges on a street bike?
The guy that said this about the ttx, did back to back runs on the 46prxls, and the ttx36, same bike, same track, and he said plainly, the ttx doesnt work at less than 8/10 pace, at less than 8/10 pace, it actually is worse than the prxls. it basically needs to be flogged to work correctly.
Yes its going to be better than stock, on any ride, at any pace, but is it worth it for the average joe? no. its not.

Last edited by snikwad; 03-11-2010 at 08:26 AM.
Old 03-11-2010, 08:24 AM
1 happy dude

Here's his review.
http://www.rogueracing.org/ttx.htm
Old 03-11-2010, 11:10 AM
got 7.62?

eXploited eXploited eXploited eXploited eXploited eXploited eXploited eXploited eXploited eXploited eXploited

Thinking about getting this and making it fit on my 2005 ZX6R
Old 03-11-2010, 11:19 AM
holla

j4k3 j4k3 j4k3 j4k3 j4k3 j4k3 j4k3 j4k3 j4k3 j4k3 j4k3

What do you have now?

Quick Reply: Cycle whore thread