Notices
Cycle Corner Running with two less wheels than everyone else? This forum is for you.

Cycle whore thread

Old 03-15-2010, 11:52 AM
vangorder

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
kick rox kick rox kick rox kick rox kick rox kick rox kick rox kick rox kick rox kick rox kick rox
Default Re: Cycle whore thread

http://norfolk.craigslist.org/mcy/1633876642.html
Old 03-15-2010, 11:56 AM
#Trendy

Audio Audio Audio Audio Audio Audio Audio Audio Audio Audio Audio

got quoted 53/month from progressive for liability.

Not to bad for a 19yr old with a few speeding tickets. Its not worth paying for coverage when my bike only cost me 1800 to begin with.
Old 03-15-2010, 12:47 PM
Registered Member

98GolfVR6 has disabled reputation

what year is ur bike? my insurance is only 40 a month but i have a 91 katana.
Old 03-15-2010, 12:51 PM
#Trendy

Audio Audio Audio Audio Audio Audio Audio Audio Audio Audio Audio

05 cbr 600rr
Got it cheap off craigslist, its been down. had 3000+ miles, clean title etc. Rode it all last season now has 9000~
Old 03-15-2010, 01:33 PM
hatrs make me famous

skr00zloose has disabled reputation

how the hell are ya'll getting such cheap rates? LIABILITY ALONE on my THIRTY TWO YEAR OLD motorcycle was $65 a month, and I'm 31, only have 2 tickets that are still on my record, everything else has been taken off b/c they were from waaaay back. 1 speeding ticket, and 1 driving on a suspended.

I need to shop around. I think I'm getting raped on my car insurance too. 80 bucks a month for liability on a 25 year old Pontiac.
Old 03-15-2010, 01:57 PM
Ƴᴧᴍᴧӈᴧ

Dark-SRT4 has disabled reputation

Which company are you going through?

I'm 25 and I've used progressive since I started riding and it was:

$187/year for my 04 R6
$110/year for my 03 Aprilia Tuono
$160/year for my 04 R1
Old 03-15-2010, 02:29 PM
MARK IT ZERO

ufctapout ufctapout ufctapout ufctapout ufctapout ufctapout ufctapout ufctapout ufctapout ufctapout ufctapout

Originally Posted by SignfcntOthr
I have an 07 Kawi ZZR600, great driving record *knocks on wood* for VA minimum liability and $500 deductibles for comp and collision I pay $27/month with State Farm. Call 1 800 442 9253 and give promo code 134623 and get a quote.
Shit I just did it online and got a quote before I saw your post. What does the promo code get me?
Old 03-15-2010, 02:30 PM
Awesome.

MA-HALF-E MA-HALF-E MA-HALF-E MA-HALF-E MA-HALF-E MA-HALF-E MA-HALF-E MA-HALF-E MA-HALF-E MA-HALF-E MA-HALF-E

Originally Posted by D.Nick
Wtf? So what exactly do you pay for? I'm getting a quote now and it says $183 a year, but that's without collision coverage. Does that mean if you drop your bike, you have to come out of pocket for repairs?
Pretty much.

Originally Posted by ▁▂▃▄▅▆▇█
Liability... If the accident is your fault, it covers the other persons property/bodily injury -- you're on your own for you / your bike (Unless YOU have health insurance).
You lay your bike down because of anything besides someone elses fault in an accident (Sand, you being an idiot, etc.) -- You're on your own.
If it's not your fault in an accident, their insurance covers you.

i.e. if j4k3 had liability.. his little spillage in Pungo wouldn't be covered -- (he decided to pay out of pocket anyway instead of get raped with the increased insurance premium, regardless).
BUT I'm pretty sure his rates are going to go up anyway (albeit not as much) because it will be an accident on his record.. even though he wasn't charged it will still show up -- happened with my insurance a few years ago.
They run your drivers license history, and your claims history. The drivers license will pull up your tickets and what not, and occaisionally it'll pull up an accident, however the accident could be your fault, someone elses, or you could have been witness to an accident and been subpoena'd and that shows up as an accident as well. Now, when they pull the claims history report up and it shows an accident with the matching date or a date nearby they'll match it up.

Originally Posted by skr00zloose
how the hell are ya'll getting such cheap rates? LIABILITY ALONE on my THIRTY TWO YEAR OLD motorcycle was $65 a month, and I'm 31, only have 2 tickets that are still on my record, everything else has been taken off b/c they were from waaaay back. 1 speeding ticket, and 1 driving on a suspended.

I need to shop around. I think I'm getting raped on my car insurance too. 80 bucks a month for liability on a 25 year old Pontiac.
You definitely need to shop that rate. That's insane. You should be at like $20ish/month imo.
Old 03-15-2010, 02:31 PM
Awesome.

MA-HALF-E MA-HALF-E MA-HALF-E MA-HALF-E MA-HALF-E MA-HALF-E MA-HALF-E MA-HALF-E MA-HALF-E MA-HALF-E MA-HALF-E

Originally Posted by ufctapout
Shit I just did it online and got a quote before I saw your post. What does the promo code get me?
The promo codes shows them I'm doing my job, and if the agent you talk to is any good at your job they'll make sure they're getting you what you need at the best price they can offer.
Old 03-15-2010, 02:39 PM
vangorder

kick rox kick rox kick rox kick rox kick rox kick rox kick rox kick rox kick rox kick rox kick rox

Got 'em:

Had to jock Audio's style.. haha <3

Quick Reply: Cycle whore thread