Notices
Cycle Corner Running with two less wheels than everyone else? This forum is for you.

Cycle whore thread

Old 03-16-2010, 02:27 PM
Ƴᴧᴍᴧӈᴧ

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Dark-SRT4 has disabled reputation
Default Re: Cycle whore thread

Originally Posted by j4k3
Just to hold together a crack. Lol not gluing the fairing stay. She'll be ghetto for a bit but not that ghetto lol.
Plastic welder. There's usually someone in the area that has one.
Old 03-16-2010, 03:08 PM
hatrs make me famous

skr00zloose has disabled reputation

Originally Posted by j4k3
Just to hold together a crack. Lol not gluing the fairing stay. She'll be ghetto for a bit but not that ghetto lol.

a crack in plastic? when I met you you only owned a drtbike.. you outa know this.. but...

drill a zig-zag pattern on both sides of the crack, and a small hole at the end of the crack to keep it from spreading, and zip-tie in a zig-zag thru the holes along the crack. Yes, it gives it a frankenstien look, but it works.

If you're trying to make it pretty again, drill a hole at the end of the crack, or it's gonna spread, and get some "marine tex" (used for fixing boat hulls underwater) and apply on the backside. Just use as little hardener as possible, as the more hardener you use, the hotter it gets when it cures. IT's a bit pricey (25 bucks) but I've fixed cracked intake manifolds with that stuff, even drilled and tapped it!.

but then again, if it's plastic you're trying to fix, find me a compressor to use, and I'll plastic weld it for you. If I do it at the shop, I'd have to charge you 86 bucks an hour, and I don't have a compressor at my house.
Old 03-16-2010, 03:24 PM
Doing work mofo

Hammer Down Hammer Down Hammer Down Hammer Down Hammer Down Hammer Down Hammer Down Hammer Down Hammer Down Hammer Down Hammer Down

Originally Posted by skr00zloose
a crack in plastic? when I met you you only owned a drtbike.. you outa know this.. but...

drill a zig-zag pattern on both sides of the crack, and a small hole at the end of the crack to keep it from spreading, and zip-tie in a zig-zag thru the holes along the crack. Yes, it gives it a frankenstien look, but it works.

If you're trying to make it pretty again, drill a hole at the end of the crack, or it's gonna spread, and get some "marine tex" (used for fixing boat hulls underwater) and apply on the backside. Just use as little hardener as possible, as the more hardener you use, the hotter it gets when it cures. IT's a bit pricey (25 bucks) but I've fixed cracked intake manifolds with that stuff, even drilled and tapped it!.

but then again, if it's plastic you're trying to fix, find me a compressor to use, and I'll plastic weld it for you. If I do it at the shop, I'd have to charge you 86 bucks an hour, and I don't have a compressor at my house.
Thats some good info there.

I have some fairings that could use some welding. If your interested in some side work, pm me.

I got several compressors. Depending on how big or cfm is needed?
Old 03-16-2010, 03:44 PM
yes sir

rollingstock has disabled reputation

Originally Posted by Dark-SRT4
Plastic welder. There's usually someone in the area that has one.
u dont need a welder?

there really a big waste of money.. i looked into getting one for the mac man.. rather used me $15 dollor soildering gun
Old 03-16-2010, 03:46 PM
Ƴᴧᴍᴧӈᴧ

Dark-SRT4 has disabled reputation

Old 03-16-2010, 03:47 PM
yes sir

Originally Posted by skr00zloose

wow 86 an hour?... damn im getting ripped.. i do that shit all the time for friends for free.. its not hard at all.. i

rich can say how easy it is.. he picked up how todo it from just watching me.....

jake like a said if u need help welding ur fairings back up.. just hit me up..
Old 03-16-2010, 03:48 PM
Doing work mofo

Hammer Down Hammer Down Hammer Down Hammer Down Hammer Down Hammer Down Hammer Down Hammer Down Hammer Down Hammer Down Hammer Down

so basically, it just melts the plastic enough to bond it back together?
Old 03-16-2010, 04:02 PM
yes sir

Originally Posted by 2wheel`tone
so basically, it just melts the plastic enough to bond it back together?
yes.. its just like metal welding.. u can add plastic just like u would to metal..

those pics are of my upper fairing, i have over 6hrs in welding that.. but i also filled all everything so i can just file/sand it down and primer it. no bondo or anything..

rich will also back me up in what that looked like before i pieced it togather since hes the one that picked the piece up off the on ramp..

and if u look at the black pieces those were from the tail i match up
Old 03-16-2010, 04:05 PM
Doing work mofo

going to try a small section with a solder gun tomorrow. See what I can do with these hair line cracks.

It will be nice to see your finished product after painting that fairing.
Old 03-16-2010, 04:15 PM
yes sir

Originally Posted by 2wheel`tone
going to try a small section with a solder gun tomorrow. See what I can do with these hair line cracks.

It will be nice to see your finished product after painting that fairing.
ill post pics soon... im gonna paint everyone once i find a tail

Quick Reply: Cycle whore thread