Notices
Cycle Corner Running with two less wheels than everyone else? This forum is for you.

Cycle whore thread

Old 04-04-2010, 05:46 AM
Doing work mofo

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Hammer Down Hammer Down Hammer Down Hammer Down Hammer Down Hammer Down Hammer Down Hammer Down Hammer Down Hammer Down Hammer Down
Default Re: Cycle whore thread

Been working on the exhaust last night. Little bit of welding today and she will be 100%.

No riding for me for a few weeks until the paint gets done
Old 04-04-2010, 06:53 AM
yes sir

rollingstock has disabled reputation

ur retarded.. you know i could mount all those tires for free.. but u wanna be a hard head and take it to other shops...

and what steve said is pretty much dead on... u pay for what u get..

i cant tell u how many times iv tryed to install cheap ass ebay parts customers buy that break, or ppl that call me asking me "what do i do" b.c sum shit they tryed to save money on broke..

Originally Posted by FairladyZTT
Ok... yea.. your right... $10 - $15 PER TIRE!!! each bike has 2... and its more like $15 - $25.. cause the cheapest I have found is $35 per tire... So... call it $15... that is $30 per bike..

Dare I say it? OH YEA!!! I have 4 bikes (03 R6 (selling), 04 R6 (girls), 05 R6 (selling to my brother), and 06 R6s (mine)) that I am putting tires on right now.. so that is $120 that I am saving... HMMM... I wonder if I could buy another chain around that price so I can replace the one on my girls?

YUP... add a little money to what I am saving and BAM!!! She gets a new chain!!! Not to mention... that we just paid $165 for her bike to be inspected. Plus just bought another bike... and I bought about $400 in parts to put that 05 R6 back together. I still have to buy my tires... which I should be getting next week... along with hers. So.. yea... I will save money every chance I can get.

And I mean ... really? You know me... I make it by being a tight ass...

and before you say anything about selling my "TOYS" cause I cant afford them.... my driving record clears in about 6 months and I go back to making lots of money. And I love my Z and my bikes.

edit:
I am sure that Jake is looking for every penny that he can save right now too...
Old 04-04-2010, 06:54 AM
yes sir

rollingstock has disabled reputation

holy resize batman
Old 04-04-2010, 08:50 AM
TRIED HIS GT!

FairladyZTT FairladyZTT FairladyZTT FairladyZTT FairladyZTT FairladyZTT FairladyZTT FairladyZTT FairladyZTT FairladyZTT FairladyZTT

Originally Posted by rollingstock
ur retarded.. you know i could mount all those tires for free.. but u wanna be a hard head and take it to other shops...

and what steve said is pretty much dead on... u pay for what u get..

i cant tell u how many times iv tryed to install cheap ass ebay parts customers buy that break, or ppl that call me asking me "what do i do" b.c sum shit they tryed to save money on broke..
You dont come on this side anymore... LOL.. MISTER VIRGINIA BEACH!

And the last time I did a tire install myself... i scratched my rim.. so.. I decided.. I would just pay to have it done. And I have since... but having a tire mounted by a rim place is not that far off. Its not like I am paying some dude on the street. I am paying a shop that does it for a living... they are just willing to do it cheaper.

Then I can take it to another shop that can balance them.

for the most part... i purchase my stuff from bike suppliers... because all the shops tell me too.. My favorite line

"Well, I am going to order the part from #$^&^%*&. If you want to order it, I wont have to mark it up."

But for the most part... I install everything on my bikes.
Old 04-04-2010, 09:30 AM
MARK IT ZERO

ufctapout ufctapout ufctapout ufctapout ufctapout ufctapout ufctapout ufctapout ufctapout ufctapout ufctapout

So I think I've decided on the bike I want, now I just need to find one that's in good shape. I went back and forth between a sport bike or something more touring oriented.

And through talking to my dad and discovering he may want to start riding (he brought me up riding dirt bikes down in FL) on the road too, I think we are both going to end up with dual sports. So I'm going to search for a used KLR-650.

Can't wait!
Old 04-04-2010, 09:52 AM
Full Access Member

endemic has a reputation beyond reputeendemic has a reputation beyond reputeendemic has a reputation beyond reputeendemic has a reputation beyond reputeendemic has a reputation beyond reputeendemic has a reputation beyond reputeendemic has a reputation beyond reputeendemic has a reputation beyond reputeendemic has a reputation beyond reputeendemic has a reputation beyond reputeendemic has a reputation beyond repute

Why do we (k8-k9 gsxrs but not sure others have it) have a parking lock with light on for? I accidentlly locked it with parking light on for 3-5hours I turned it off and then next day the battery is dead on me wow. Why they made parking light with lock? Any reason?

I just reading other forum about 1000cc vs 600cc

This guy got point.
I think they make sh1tty riders... not the other way around... that sh1tty riders are drawn to them... which is usually what you will hear.

They make you lazy. You have power at the low end, so there is no reason to stress the upper echelons of the RPM dial, so when you get there you are largely unprepared. You don't know the limits of the power band because you are only there when nobody is around and you are going really fast, really straight.

The reason so many more of them crash, statistically, I believe is because they don't know how to get themselves out of the sh1t, because they are completely unaware of what the rear is going to do when they are already in too deep and need to turn, which means apply power.

It is too much for anyone who does not regularly push it.

Makes lazy shifters, lazy brakers. You don't have to carry speed into a corner, which is too scary on the street with that much power, because you can just power your way out. Usually when they start trying, they start crashing. Or if they never have, and find that a road turns a little harder than they were expecting and they wash out because they don't know what they are doing and are in the wrong gear, or they apply too much power too quickly because they don't know what they are doing. 90+mph in first. Ridiculous.

Last edited by endemic; 04-04-2010 at 10:19 AM.
Old 04-04-2010, 11:02 AM
Registered member

D.Nick has much to be proud ofD.Nick has much to be proud ofD.Nick has much to be proud ofD.Nick has much to be proud ofD.Nick has much to be proud ofD.Nick has much to be proud ofD.Nick has much to be proud ofD.Nick has much to be proud ofD.Nick has much to be proud ofD.Nick has much to be proud ofD.Nick has much to be proud of

There's a whole lot of negativity in that quote.
Old 04-04-2010, 12:10 PM
TRIED HIS GT!

FairladyZTT FairladyZTT FairladyZTT FairladyZTT FairladyZTT FairladyZTT FairladyZTT FairladyZTT FairladyZTT FairladyZTT FairladyZTT

Thats just the tip of the iceburg
Old 04-04-2010, 12:49 PM
1 happy dude

snikwad snikwad snikwad snikwad snikwad snikwad snikwad snikwad snikwad snikwad snikwad

sounds like that guy is talking out his ass. claiming statistics and all that sh1t. hes a 1000 hater, plain and simple
Old 04-04-2010, 02:08 PM
Registered member

Real Random Real Random Real Random Real Random Real Random Real Random Real Random Real Random Real Random Real Random Real Random

WHATS UP MOFOS?

Quick Reply: Cycle whore thread