Notices
Cycle Corner Running with two less wheels than everyone else? This forum is for you.

Cycle whore thread

Old 08-22-2010, 07:40 PM
TRIED HIS GT!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
FairladyZTT FairladyZTT FairladyZTT FairladyZTT FairladyZTT FairladyZTT FairladyZTT FairladyZTT FairladyZTT FairladyZTT FairladyZTT
Default Re: Cycle whore thread

Originally Posted by Neo Xian Wu
It'd prolly look better if I swapped to the 03-05 swingarm. But I'm not trying to put THAT much work into it.
Will that swing arm fit? I mean.. I have one of those too... lol.. just laying around... lol... actually think that I have 2. I still think that the exhaust looks better...

To

I think that it cleans the bike up and gives it a more modern look
Old 08-22-2010, 07:49 PM
Dont Be Scared Homie

Neo Xian Wu Neo Xian Wu Neo Xian Wu Neo Xian Wu Neo Xian Wu Neo Xian Wu Neo Xian Wu Neo Xian Wu Neo Xian Wu Neo Xian Wu Neo Xian Wu

Yeah, it fits. I forget what all is involved. Pretty sure I just need the shock. There's a couple guys on R6-forum/R6 Messagenet that have done it. Dunno if there's any real advantage to it.
Old 08-22-2010, 08:10 PM
1 happy dude

snikwad snikwad snikwad snikwad snikwad snikwad snikwad snikwad snikwad snikwad snikwad

Looks good for a bunch of random parts thrown together.
Should handle better with the extra weight of the high mount gone and everything low.

Dare I say so, but besides the old school swingarm, it looks kinda factory.
Hopefully you won't have any clearance issues.
Old 08-22-2010, 08:21 PM
Dont Be Scared Homie

Neo Xian Wu Neo Xian Wu Neo Xian Wu Neo Xian Wu Neo Xian Wu Neo Xian Wu Neo Xian Wu Neo Xian Wu Neo Xian Wu Neo Xian Wu Neo Xian Wu

The can rubs a little. Didn't get a chance to play too much since it had just rained and I was half squiding it up with sneakers on.
Old 08-22-2010, 09:22 PM
Dont Be Scared Homie

Here's a thread where they swapped an 04 R6 swingarm and 00 R1 forks. Saw another one where they swapped the whole front suspension from an 06.

http://www.r6-forum.com/forums/showthread.php?t=71739
Old 08-22-2010, 09:30 PM
Full Access Member

endemic has a reputation beyond reputeendemic has a reputation beyond reputeendemic has a reputation beyond reputeendemic has a reputation beyond reputeendemic has a reputation beyond reputeendemic has a reputation beyond reputeendemic has a reputation beyond reputeendemic has a reputation beyond reputeendemic has a reputation beyond reputeendemic has a reputation beyond reputeendemic has a reputation beyond repute

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QIIcJaVToo0
Old 08-22-2010, 10:13 PM
1 happy dude

snikwad snikwad snikwad snikwad snikwad snikwad snikwad snikwad snikwad snikwad snikwad

Yeah, the fork swapping has been going on for years. I've seen 1000rr forks put on 600rr and rc51 and vfrs, I've seen a 06 R6 swingarm put on a 06or 07 gixxer 6 frame, with a 750 motor and R1 forks.
That thing was nuts, I'll see if I can find a pic for u guys tomorrow.

That dude on here with that r1, has a few ideas I may try if I score this 05 R1 in a few months.
With that side mount pipe, and 09 forks. Saw a 09 at the track the other day with a side mount exhaust. The sound was stoopid sexy

We'll see tho, the r1 I'm working to close on, has a full arrow corsa system. Not sure I wanna butcher it.
Old 08-23-2010, 04:41 AM
TRIED HIS GT!

FairladyZTT FairladyZTT FairladyZTT FairladyZTT FairladyZTT FairladyZTT FairladyZTT FairladyZTT FairladyZTT FairladyZTT FairladyZTT

Originally Posted by snikwad
Yeah, the fork swapping has been going on for years. I've seen 1000rr forks put on 600rr and rc51 and vfrs, I've seen a 06 R6 swingarm put on a 06or 07 gixxer 6 frame, with a 750 motor and R1 forks.
That thing was nuts, I'll see if I can find a pic for u guys tomorrow.

That dude on here with that r1, has a few ideas I may try if I score this 05 R1 in a few months.
With that side mount pipe, and 09 forks. Saw a 09 at the track the other day with a side mount exhaust. The sound was stoopid sexy

We'll see tho, the r1 I'm working to close on, has a full arrow corsa system. Not sure I wanna butcher it.
Yea... I have access to a 09 R1... the sound kinda grew on me. Still pretty sure that I want the 07-08 though.
Old 08-23-2010, 06:41 AM
yes sir

rollingstock has disabled reputation

Originally Posted by Neo Xian Wu
Yeah, it fits. I forget what all is involved. Pretty sure I just need the shock. There's a couple guys on R6-forum/R6 Messagenet that have done it. Dunno if there's any real advantage to it.
i have a mint shock for a 05, stock links, and other 05 r6 parts. rear crush drive and whatnot. also have brand new clutch lever still in bag. brand new 16teeth front spocket still in bag
Old 08-23-2010, 06:42 AM
Dont Be Scared Homie

Originally Posted by rollingstock
i have a mint shock for a 05, stock links, and other 05 r6 parts. rear crush drive and whatnot. also have brand new clutch lever still in bag. brand new 16teeth front spocket still in bag
I'm good for now. Thanks though. Like I said, I'm not really trying to put a ton of work into it. Few things here and there are fine with me.

Quick Reply: Cycle whore thread