Notices
Cycle Corner Running with two less wheels than everyone else? This forum is for you.

Cycle whore thread

Old 08-23-2010, 06:48 AM
Band

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
paperassgasket paperassgasket paperassgasket paperassgasket paperassgasket paperassgasket paperassgasket paperassgasket paperassgasket paperassgasket paperassgasket
Default Re: Cycle whore thread

really want one of these. not for the following reasons. but mostly b/c supermotards are fucking badass

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ie9bK4zv5Zs
Old 08-23-2010, 08:59 AM
Band

paperassgasket paperassgasket paperassgasket paperassgasket paperassgasket paperassgasket paperassgasket paperassgasket paperassgasket paperassgasket paperassgasket

Hey I posted this in the NOVA section.
https://www.vadriven.com/forums/nova-dc-md-16/can-anyone-help-me-get-my-1977-honda-cb750k-running-359992/
I need help getting my bike running. Can anyone help?
Old 08-23-2010, 09:25 AM
Full Access Member

endemic has a reputation beyond reputeendemic has a reputation beyond reputeendemic has a reputation beyond reputeendemic has a reputation beyond reputeendemic has a reputation beyond reputeendemic has a reputation beyond reputeendemic has a reputation beyond reputeendemic has a reputation beyond reputeendemic has a reputation beyond reputeendemic has a reputation beyond reputeendemic has a reputation beyond repute

sell it and get new bike.
Old 08-23-2010, 10:21 AM
Band

Originally Posted by endemic
sell it and get new bike.
seriously. I think it's too late though. I'm pretty addicted to these old bikes.
Old 08-23-2010, 11:07 AM
Full Access Member

endemic has a reputation beyond reputeendemic has a reputation beyond reputeendemic has a reputation beyond reputeendemic has a reputation beyond reputeendemic has a reputation beyond reputeendemic has a reputation beyond reputeendemic has a reputation beyond reputeendemic has a reputation beyond reputeendemic has a reputation beyond reputeendemic has a reputation beyond reputeendemic has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by gnarlycharlie4u
seriously. I think it's too late though. I'm pretty addicted to these old bikes.
addicted to the old bikes? and You don't know how to work on the bikes? sounds funny.

If I were you, I would look up real close and Check A-Z... If it doesn't looking good in shape so I would rebuild it.

Go get some books and learn how to maintenance with old bikes.
Old 08-23-2010, 12:59 PM
TRIED HIS GT!

FairladyZTT FairladyZTT FairladyZTT FairladyZTT FairladyZTT FairladyZTT FairladyZTT FairladyZTT FairladyZTT FairladyZTT FairladyZTT

Originally Posted by rollingstock
i have a mint shock for a 05, stock links, and other 05 r6 parts. rear crush drive and whatnot. also have brand new clutch lever still in bag. brand new 16teeth front spocket still in bag
I am interested in those stock 05 triangles.. if they are 05 triangles.... let me know... maybe the cush drive too...
Old 08-23-2010, 01:47 PM
Band

Originally Posted by endemic
addicted to the old bikes? and You don't know how to work on the bikes? sounds funny.

If I were you, I would look up real close and Check A-Z... If it doesn't looking good in shape so I would rebuild it.

Go get some books and learn how to maintenance with old bikes.
Done and done... already. I pretty much know the bike inside and out I just can't get this one to idle right and I feel like i might be overlooking something. You know how it always helps to have someone else proofread your work?

I've already built from completely disassembled; a set of early model carbs, and early K motor, I disassembled and rebuilt with some new parts and new gaskets the later model carbs. The only thing I didn't replace was the accelerator pump diaphragm.

I did a valve lash adjustment and checked my timing. Both are kosher.
Coils are good, wiring is fine and spark is strong.
I have a small amount of oil weeping out the head gasket but that's typical of this bike and the gasket isn't blown.

I feel like I've already run through the checklist a few times but maybe I'm missing something or not doing it quite right... It'd be nice to have another opinion on the matter.
Old 08-23-2010, 02:14 PM
Dont Be Scared Homie

Neo Xian Wu Neo Xian Wu Neo Xian Wu Neo Xian Wu Neo Xian Wu Neo Xian Wu Neo Xian Wu Neo Xian Wu Neo Xian Wu Neo Xian Wu Neo Xian Wu

Did you sync the carbs using a sync tool?
Old 08-23-2010, 02:30 PM
Full Access Member

Done and done... already. I pretty much know the bike inside and out I just can't get this one to idle right and I feel like i might be overlooking something. You know how it always helps to have someone else proofread your work?

I've already built from completely disassembled; a set of early model carbs, and early K motor, I disassembled and rebuilt with some new parts and new gaskets the later model carbs. The only thing I didn't replace was the accelerator pump diaphragm.

I have a small amount of oil weeping out the head gasket but that's typical of this bike and the gasket isn't blown.

I feel like I've already run through the checklist a few times but maybe I'm missing something or not doing it quite right... It'd be nice to have another opinion on the matter.
Ah, I understood now. Sorry. Hope someone will help you out soon. Good luck!
Old 08-23-2010, 03:12 PM
hatrs make me famous

skr00zloose has disabled reputation

have you played with the fuel mixture screws at all?

Quick Reply: Cycle whore thread