Notices
Cycle Corner Running with two less wheels than everyone else? This forum is for you.

Cycle whore thread

Old 08-25-2010, 01:28 PM
Band

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
paperassgasket paperassgasket paperassgasket paperassgasket paperassgasket paperassgasket paperassgasket paperassgasket paperassgasket paperassgasket paperassgasket
Default Re: Cycle whore thread

Originally Posted by j4k3
Someone needs to pick up my r6 this weekend.
Originally Posted by D.Nick
Someone needs to pick up my R1 this weekend.
$?

and some waffle fries. for free!
Old 08-25-2010, 01:34 PM
Registered member

D.Nick has much to be proud ofD.Nick has much to be proud ofD.Nick has much to be proud ofD.Nick has much to be proud ofD.Nick has much to be proud ofD.Nick has much to be proud ofD.Nick has much to be proud ofD.Nick has much to be proud ofD.Nick has much to be proud ofD.Nick has much to be proud ofD.Nick has much to be proud of

Originally Posted by gnarlycharlie4u
$?

and some waffle fries. for free!
I want $4500 but I'll take $4000 this weekend.
Old 08-25-2010, 02:24 PM
Band

paperassgasket paperassgasket paperassgasket paperassgasket paperassgasket paperassgasket paperassgasket paperassgasket paperassgasket paperassgasket paperassgasket

Originally Posted by D.Nick
I want $4500 but I'll take $4000 this weekend.
I'll get the word out. you have a classified? I'm too lazy to look through your threads.
Old 08-25-2010, 02:26 PM
Registered member

D.Nick has much to be proud ofD.Nick has much to be proud ofD.Nick has much to be proud ofD.Nick has much to be proud ofD.Nick has much to be proud ofD.Nick has much to be proud ofD.Nick has much to be proud ofD.Nick has much to be proud ofD.Nick has much to be proud ofD.Nick has much to be proud ofD.Nick has much to be proud of

Originally Posted by gnarlycharlie4u
I'll get the word out. you have a classified? I'm too lazy to look through your threads.
https://www.vadriven.com/forums/motorcycles-parts-58/2002-yamaha-r1-351289/
Old 08-25-2010, 05:01 PM
Registered Member

IRR0MPIBLE has disabled reputation

Anyone ever taken the riding test at DMV and actually passed it? I don't know if it's as ridiculous in VA as in NC, but if so, I'd be impressed if anyone passed.
Old 08-25-2010, 06:49 PM
Dont Be Scared Homie

Neo Xian Wu Neo Xian Wu Neo Xian Wu Neo Xian Wu Neo Xian Wu Neo Xian Wu Neo Xian Wu Neo Xian Wu Neo Xian Wu Neo Xian Wu Neo Xian Wu

Just sad...
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mjjq7Uua264

Last edited by Neo Xian Wu; 08-25-2010 at 06:52 PM.
Old 08-25-2010, 07:32 PM
TRIED HIS GT!

FairladyZTT FairladyZTT FairladyZTT FairladyZTT FairladyZTT FairladyZTT FairladyZTT FairladyZTT FairladyZTT FairladyZTT FairladyZTT

Originally Posted by IRR0MPIBLE
Anyone ever taken the riding test at DMV and actually passed it? I don't know if it's as ridiculous in VA as in NC, but if so, I'd be impressed if anyone passed.
Yes... I have passed it... my girlfriend has passed it... my brother has passed it.. and 2 of my nephews have passed it. All of them own R6's. All of them passed the first time.
Old 08-25-2010, 07:50 PM
Registered Member

As I said, I'm impressed then.
I was put in a position to have to do the serpentine without leaving first gear. I'm not a bit ashamed for not feeling
comfortable with doing so. I have no problem weaving cones in second gear and higher, but going 4 mph, not too confident. I welcome any tips, I don't welcome people bashing me for not being as good a rider as them, as I don't claim to be an expert.

Last edited by IRR0MPIBLE; 08-25-2010 at 08:04 PM.
Old 08-25-2010, 08:19 PM
TRIED HIS GT!

FairladyZTT FairladyZTT FairladyZTT FairladyZTT FairladyZTT FairladyZTT FairladyZTT FairladyZTT FairladyZTT FairladyZTT FairladyZTT

Originally Posted by IRR0MPIBLE
As I said, I'm impressed then.
I was put in a position to have to do the serpentine without leaving first gear. I'm not a bit ashamed for not feeling
comfortable with doing so. I have no problem weaving cones in second gear and higher, but going 4 mph, not too confident. I welcome any tips, I don't welcome people bashing me for not being as good a rider as them, as I don't claim to be an expert.
have you already tried the test here? Are you on a sport bike or a cruiser style? I can give you some pointers if I was there with you. If you want some tricks on passing the test. Send me a PM.
Old 08-26-2010, 01:04 AM
Registered Member

Originally Posted by FairladyZTT
have you already tried the test here? Are you on a sport bike or a cruiser style? I can give you some pointers if I was there with you. If you want some tricks on passing the test. Send me a PM.
Well, I live in NC, so I'll have no choice but to take the test here. I'm on a ninja 636.
What I ran into was that the test is set up such that you only have about 8 feet before getting to the first cone, from a dead stop. So I was trying to shift to 2nd in that little distance, and obviously I wasn't moving fast enough to be in 2nd and the bike stalled. I did that twice and they gave me no further chance to do it.
Should I have ridden 1st gear through the whole thing?
I've signed up for the MSF out here, so hopefully that'll be my way of bypassing the dmv test. But nonetheless, I find it hard to believe that they'd make it so difficult to pass the test, so I feel like it's something I should be able to do without any issues.

Quick Reply: Cycle whore thread