Notices
Cycle Corner Running with two less wheels than everyone else? This forum is for you.

Cycle whore thread

Old 03-05-2011, 10:24 PM
Dont Be Scared Homie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Neo Xian Wu Neo Xian Wu Neo Xian Wu Neo Xian Wu Neo Xian Wu Neo Xian Wu Neo Xian Wu Neo Xian Wu Neo Xian Wu Neo Xian Wu Neo Xian Wu
Default Re: Cycle whore thread

Most new riders are too scared to take their hands off the bars.
Old 03-06-2011, 07:03 AM
Registered Member

BatEclipse99 is infamous around these partsBatEclipse99 is infamous around these partsBatEclipse99 is infamous around these partsBatEclipse99 is infamous around these partsBatEclipse99 is infamous around these partsBatEclipse99 is infamous around these partsBatEclipse99 is infamous around these partsBatEclipse99 is infamous around these partsBatEclipse99 is infamous around these partsBatEclipse99 is infamous around these partsBatEclipse99 is infamous around these parts

Has anyone done the free lunch time ride at VIR? The one were you don't have to full gear and it's basically just simply follow the instructor at a very simple easy pace. Just to get a feel for the track/racing. I basically want to know if I have to sign up anywhere or just show up on a track day? I'm interested in racing but would like to try it before buying the gear.
Old 03-06-2011, 12:09 PM
Registered Member

sir loin will become famous soon enough

Depends on the organization. a friend did it 2 years ago with TPM and all you have to do is register in the morning at the track. I do not know if this is still the case. With TPM, it is called "try the track".
Nesba has a similar offer, but I do not know if you have can register the same day. http://www.nesba.com/Info/Intro.htm

and i do not know if cornerspeed or stt offers a similar program.

Last edited by sir loin; 03-06-2011 at 12:21 PM.
Old 03-06-2011, 02:32 PM
Ich liebe Bier

BuiltforSin BuiltforSin BuiltforSin BuiltforSin BuiltforSin BuiltforSin BuiltforSin BuiltforSin BuiltforSin BuiltforSin BuiltforSin

Originally Posted by BatEclipse99
Has anyone done the free lunch time ride at VIR? The one were you don't have to full gear and it's basically just simply follow the instructor at a very simple easy pace. Just to get a feel for the track/racing. I basically want to know if I have to sign up anywhere or just show up on a track day? I'm interested in racing but would like to try it before buying the gear.
TPM offers a course called "try the track" that takes place during lunch. www.teampromototion.com for more information.
Old 03-06-2011, 06:09 PM
Registered Member

IRR0MPIBLE has disabled reputation

Why are the warmest days accompanied by rain? Seriously.
Old 03-06-2011, 06:21 PM
Awesome.

MA-HALF-E MA-HALF-E MA-HALF-E MA-HALF-E MA-HALF-E MA-HALF-E MA-HALF-E MA-HALF-E MA-HALF-E MA-HALF-E MA-HALF-E

It's how weather works in the spring. There will be nice days to come.
Old 03-06-2011, 08:55 PM
TRIED HIS GT!

FairladyZTT FairladyZTT FairladyZTT FairladyZTT FairladyZTT FairladyZTT FairladyZTT FairladyZTT FairladyZTT FairladyZTT FairladyZTT

Originally Posted by JROW
?
I can ask a friend for you if you would like... it would be a used unit... have not heard of a place that rebuilds them. Other than that... I would say, check ebay.

On another note. Just finished painting the last bike tonight!!!!

Took a week to paint 3 R6's... what a nightmare... first the paint was too thin and could see through it... then it wrinkled when shooting a second coat. So I had to spend 2 days stripping the paint from one of the bikes, I cant tell you how much fun that was... but they are done now.

So... I will now be putting together 3 jet black R6's. I am hoping my garage paintjobs turn out nice! LOL
Old 03-06-2011, 09:27 PM
the stig.

fc3spitsfire fc3spitsfire fc3spitsfire fc3spitsfire fc3spitsfire fc3spitsfire fc3spitsfire fc3spitsfire fc3spitsfire fc3spitsfire fc3spitsfire

I'm a new rider this year, but I've found that most people I through a wave at have waved backed.

And yes this rain on the warm days is a killer! I can't wait for the steady warm weather to roll in.
Old 03-07-2011, 05:02 AM
S a D u B

JROW JROW JROW JROW JROW JROW JROW JROW JROW JROW JROW

Originally Posted by BuiltforSin
Does anyone wave anymore? First time on the street in almost 9 months, and only like 3 people out of 20 waved. WTF?
I do

Originally Posted by FairladyZTT
I can ask a friend for you if you would like... it would be a used unit... have not heard of a place that rebuilds them. Other than that... I would say, check ebay.
Yeah, thanks, I've done that, I was told the 00-08 gsxr stators are all the same, but the 06-07 is about $100 more than older models, so I don't know that that's true, can anyone verify or negate that for sure?
Old 03-07-2011, 09:17 AM
TRIED HIS GT!

FairladyZTT FairladyZTT FairladyZTT FairladyZTT FairladyZTT FairladyZTT FairladyZTT FairladyZTT FairladyZTT FairladyZTT FairladyZTT

Originally Posted by JROW
I do

Yeah, thanks, I've done that, I was told the 00-08 gsxr stators are all the same, but the 06-07 is about $100 more than older models, so I don't know that that's true, can anyone verify or negate that for sure?
I just called my friend... I am assuming that it is a 600... He said that he has one.. he is local...

$120...

Call me and let me know if you want it or not... I will pick it up and meet up with you.

Rich
757-839-4389

Quick Reply: Cycle whore thread