Notices
Cycle Corner Running with two less wheels than everyone else? This forum is for you.

Cycle whore thread

Old 03-09-2011, 10:05 AM
Band

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
paperassgasket paperassgasket paperassgasket paperassgasket paperassgasket paperassgasket paperassgasket paperassgasket paperassgasket paperassgasket paperassgasket
Default Re: Cycle whore thread

updates on the bike build... things are looking pretty dim: I'm gonna need to at least have the cyl bored and honed.
So at this point I figure why not go big or go home?

gnarlycharlie4u.blogspot.com
Old 03-09-2011, 10:39 AM
TRIED HIS GT!

FairladyZTT FairladyZTT FairladyZTT FairladyZTT FairladyZTT FairladyZTT FairladyZTT FairladyZTT FairladyZTT FairladyZTT FairladyZTT

Originally Posted by SignfcntOthr
I had an entry level AGV Stealth and it wasn't bad. Then I got a Scorpion EXO700, and I liked that one a little more because I felt it vented more, but it was a tad bit heavier. Pretty even aerodynamically. Now I have a Shoei 1100 and I love it. Lighter than either of them, and vents way better. Always fits my head a little bit better than either of them. I can't trash the Scorpion though, as the price difference between the Scorpion and the Shoei was huge, but it's clear the Shoei is a better product overall, but the Scorpion is definitely a great helmet for the price.
Don't get me wrong... Shoei is WAY expensive but... I liked my hjc cl-15 more than my scorpion exo 400 and exo 700. I didn't like my KBC at all and my nephews icon was nothing to write home about.

There is a new maker called bilt up there at cycle gear. They are really cheap... I think I might be picking one up to test it out. They are running $119 new.
Old 03-09-2011, 11:00 AM
Band

paperassgasket paperassgasket paperassgasket paperassgasket paperassgasket paperassgasket paperassgasket paperassgasket paperassgasket paperassgasket paperassgasket

so yea... project bikes are expensive...
I want +1mm Dynoman pistons but they're 12.5:1 comp and I'm pretty sure I can't get Formula race fuel around here.
Also I don't know if there's enough room in the dome for me to increase the dome size and lower compression sooo...

JE 836cc piston set + Carrillo rods = $1300/set from Dynoman (+$30 for Falicon rods)

Head stage 3 ported intake, polished exhaust, oversize valves, and bench flow testing by M.Reick
All new Kibblewhite valves, springs, retainers, keepers, guides, etc... = $2085

Lightened + balanced + polished crank with oil balls drilled and tapped for screws $400

Webcam hardweld camshaft + adjustable sprocket = $240

Tsubaki cam chain
Primary chain
Cam chain and primary chain rollers and tensioners
Cycle x coated rocker arms and shafts = ?
Lightened alternator rotor = ?
Magnaflux + undercut dears = $300
all new gaskets and oil seals

I haven't even left the motor yet and I could already buy a new bike...
Old 03-10-2011, 07:42 AM
Dont Be Scared Homie

Neo Xian Wu Neo Xian Wu Neo Xian Wu Neo Xian Wu Neo Xian Wu Neo Xian Wu Neo Xian Wu Neo Xian Wu Neo Xian Wu Neo Xian Wu Neo Xian Wu

Motorcycle Superstore has some helmets for under $150. Decent selection for those who want to get something new on the cheap.

I'm prolly gonna get this, though:

Old 03-10-2011, 08:20 AM
the stig.

fc3spitsfire fc3spitsfire fc3spitsfire fc3spitsfire fc3spitsfire fc3spitsfire fc3spitsfire fc3spitsfire fc3spitsfire fc3spitsfire fc3spitsfire

^^ i like the design on that
Old 03-10-2011, 10:32 AM
S a D u B

JROW JROW JROW JROW JROW JROW JROW JROW JROW JROW JROW

Yup I likey
Old 03-10-2011, 10:38 AM
TRIED HIS GT!

FairladyZTT FairladyZTT FairladyZTT FairladyZTT FairladyZTT FairladyZTT FairladyZTT FairladyZTT FairladyZTT FairladyZTT FairladyZTT

Go up to Cycle Gear on Little Creek in Norfolk... it is right beside Sunrise cycles. Talk to Mario and tell him that Rich sent you up there to look at some helmets. He can usually get you a really good price for a helmet. Almost the same as you can get on the internet most times.

And you have to be careful about the helmets that you buy. Mario was telling me that helmets like AFX is cheap... but they dont offer any type of warranty. So... if you wreck and something doesn't hold up like it should... you are just SOL... and will have to try and sue. Companies like Scorpion, HJC, Shoei... all have some warranty insurance on their helmets that if something doesn't protect the way that it should... they pay for damages. I am not sure exactly how it works... but he said that is why Cycle Gear will not carry AFX helmets and a couple others.. because they dont offer any insurance on their helmets.

Last edited by FairladyZTT; 03-10-2011 at 10:42 AM.
Old 03-10-2011, 12:46 PM
Full Access Member

endemic has a reputation beyond reputeendemic has a reputation beyond reputeendemic has a reputation beyond reputeendemic has a reputation beyond reputeendemic has a reputation beyond reputeendemic has a reputation beyond reputeendemic has a reputation beyond reputeendemic has a reputation beyond reputeendemic has a reputation beyond reputeendemic has a reputation beyond reputeendemic has a reputation beyond repute

yesss
Old 03-10-2011, 12:52 PM
Band

Originally Posted by endemic
yesss
that looks like fun
Old 03-10-2011, 12:59 PM
the stig.

fc3spitsfire fc3spitsfire fc3spitsfire fc3spitsfire fc3spitsfire fc3spitsfire fc3spitsfire fc3spitsfire fc3spitsfire fc3spitsfire fc3spitsfire

Originally Posted by endemic
yesss
You sir are a champion.. lol I have yet to ride in the rain at all.

Quick Reply: Cycle whore thread