Notices
Cycle Corner Running with two less wheels than everyone else? This forum is for you.

Cycle whore thread

Old 03-11-2011, 10:34 AM
S a D u B

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
JROW JROW JROW JROW JROW JROW JROW JROW JROW JROW JROW
Default Re: Cycle whore thread

Originally Posted by FairladyZTT
pull the pads out... on the back of the pad should have a size... and just go 1 size down. They could have been changed for large pads. You never know... it doesnt hurt to double check.
yeah, I guess that's about the only option. May take it to my honda dealer tomorrow and see if they got any ideas too.

Originally Posted by gnarlycharlie4u
the problem with that logic is that all the shells of agv helmets are different sizes too to it's all probably relative.
Yeah, that's what I'm afraid of, but I thought I saw somewhere it says that helmet was a one size shell tho
Old 03-11-2011, 10:37 AM
Band

paperassgasket paperassgasket paperassgasket paperassgasket paperassgasket paperassgasket paperassgasket paperassgasket paperassgasket paperassgasket paperassgasket

Originally Posted by JROW
yeah, I guess that's about the only option. May take it to my honda dealer tomorrow and see if they got any ideas too.

Yeah, that's what I'm afraid of, but I thought I saw somewhere it says that helmet was a one size shell tho
OH REALLY?? maybe I am mistaken but I thought they were different sizes. The only reason I think so is because I have a small head so I like a smaller shell too. Less wind resistance and weight. Therefore I tend to look at helmets that cater to this; arai, shoei, etc...
Old 03-11-2011, 10:52 AM
S a D u B

JROW JROW JROW JROW JROW JROW JROW JROW JROW JROW JROW

^ I could be wrong, I will look into it. Maybe it was an Icon? Some damn helmet I saw earlier was lol

Edit: on the agv website it says Number of shell : 1 shell size

So I guess If I order the small padding, I'll be set

Last edited by JROW; 03-11-2011 at 11:51 AM.
Old 03-11-2011, 01:43 PM
TRIED HIS GT!

FairladyZTT FairladyZTT FairladyZTT FairladyZTT FairladyZTT FairladyZTT FairladyZTT FairladyZTT FairladyZTT FairladyZTT FairladyZTT

no...your right... the helmet shells are the same size... unless you buy a youth sized helmet. The only difference is the cheek pads in the helmet... the rest should be the same.

Some helmet manufacturers may use different sized shells ... but most companys use the same shells. (edited for accuracy) LOL

Just look up AGV's number and give them a call.. they will tell you your best options. If you tell them that you just bought the helmet and it doesn't fit like you thought it would... and you wanted to know if they would exchange the cheek pads... they will more than likely just send you a pair of smaller pads for free. It is worth a shot.

I have done that with yamaha, vega, HJC, GPR, HR1, and Shoei. I also did it for one of the taillights I used to have. I bought it second hand without a harness.. I called them and asked what a new harness would run... and they said... I will ship you a harness and instructions... you just pay $3 shipping.

Alot of the companies can't sell to individuals... but will give you stuff to make you a happy customer. You would be surprised... just give it a shot.

Edit: It was this company for the taillight
http://www.hightechspeed.com/product...M-R6/index.asp
They had some awesome customer service in my book. Lights are pretty sweet too.

Last edited by FairladyZTT; 03-11-2011 at 07:01 PM.
Old 03-11-2011, 02:13 PM
Band

paperassgasket paperassgasket paperassgasket paperassgasket paperassgasket paperassgasket paperassgasket paperassgasket paperassgasket paperassgasket paperassgasket

Originally Posted by FairladyZTT
no...your right... the helmet shells are the same size... unless you buy a youth sized helmet. The only difference is the cheek pads in the helmet... the rest should be the same.

Some helmet manufacturers may use different sized shells ... but all the big companys use the same shells. Icon, shoei, HJC, Arai, Scorpion... etc...
I hope my head isn't as inaccurate as my butt dyno...
But I'm still sticking to my guns that Shoei and Arai make different shell sizes. I know for a fact that the Shoei x12 comes in 5 different shell sizes.
Old 03-11-2011, 05:01 PM
Ich liebe Bier

BuiltforSin BuiltforSin BuiltforSin BuiltforSin BuiltforSin BuiltforSin BuiltforSin BuiltforSin BuiltforSin BuiltforSin BuiltforSin

Originally Posted by JROW
So my buddy owed me some money, and decided to just give me this agv helmet he only wore twice. I think it is pretty sweet, but it's a medium and a little loose Wondering if I can change the padding and make it fit just right. Should I try and find some pads for a small and put them in it, does agv even sell replacement padding like that?

It's actually much brighter irl

Very cool helmet!
Old 03-11-2011, 06:59 PM
TRIED HIS GT!

FairladyZTT FairladyZTT FairladyZTT FairladyZTT FairladyZTT FairladyZTT FairladyZTT FairladyZTT FairladyZTT FairladyZTT FairladyZTT

Originally Posted by gnarlycharlie4u
I hope my head isn't as inaccurate as my butt dyno...
But I'm still sticking to my guns that Shoei and Arai make different shell sizes. I know for a fact that the Shoei x12 comes in 5 different shell sizes.
you are right... i just looked it up... I am not sure about which others may be the same way... but the Shoei does use 4 different shell sizes... XS, S, L, XL... the Medium and the Large are the same shell with different padding.
Old 03-12-2011, 05:25 AM
the stig.

fc3spitsfire fc3spitsfire fc3spitsfire fc3spitsfire fc3spitsfire fc3spitsfire fc3spitsfire fc3spitsfire fc3spitsfire fc3spitsfire fc3spitsfire

Well it was a lil chilly ridng into work today, but looks like it will be perfect by the time I get out! And can't wait to get back out again tomorrow.
Old 03-12-2011, 08:35 PM
Registered member

D.Nick has much to be proud ofD.Nick has much to be proud ofD.Nick has much to be proud ofD.Nick has much to be proud ofD.Nick has much to be proud ofD.Nick has much to be proud ofD.Nick has much to be proud ofD.Nick has much to be proud ofD.Nick has much to be proud ofD.Nick has much to be proud ofD.Nick has much to be proud of

Just got back with the track bike.
Old 03-12-2011, 09:46 PM
I like grape drank

Halfrican Halfrican Halfrican Halfrican Halfrican Halfrican Halfrican Halfrican Halfrican Halfrican Halfrican

Originally Posted by D.Nick
Just got back with the track bike.
Speaking o' which...anyone here do any actual racing and not just track days? Thinking about building up a 250 and spending some $$ on tires and gas..

Quick Reply: Cycle whore thread