Notices
Cycle Corner Running with two less wheels than everyone else? This forum is for you.

Cycle whore thread

Old 04-05-2011, 04:30 AM
TRIED HIS GT!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
FairladyZTT FairladyZTT FairladyZTT FairladyZTT FairladyZTT FairladyZTT FairladyZTT FairladyZTT FairladyZTT FairladyZTT FairladyZTT
Default Re: Cycle whore thread

me and a friend were going at it down the HOV one day. Hit the bump before the end where it goes to va beach or chesapeake and both caught pretty good air at 160. Talk about your butt hole puckering up! LOL...
Old 04-05-2011, 05:31 AM
Dont Be Scared Homie

Neo Xian Wu Neo Xian Wu Neo Xian Wu Neo Xian Wu Neo Xian Wu Neo Xian Wu Neo Xian Wu Neo Xian Wu Neo Xian Wu Neo Xian Wu Neo Xian Wu

I hate that bump. I totally forgot about it Saturday.
Old 04-05-2011, 05:37 AM
got 7.62?

eXploited eXploited eXploited eXploited eXploited eXploited eXploited eXploited eXploited eXploited eXploited

People kill me when it comes to "High Mileage" on a bike..

Fucking Ridiculous...

"OHHH I would buy your bike if it didnt have 18,000 miles on it bro"

WTF!??

Dude does NOT know anything about bikes.. hes only going off the high numbers..

Why buy one with 20,000 miles when there's tons out there with way less miles, right?

The Truth:

Bikes need exercise, just like you! A 5 year old bike that has been used sparingly will almost always run worse than a bike that is ridden daily, even if it has triple the mileage. You see bikes need to be ridden to keep all systems in good running order. A bike that is used once a month, than sits for weeks on end will be susceptible to a variety of problems.

For example, things that can go bad from a bike sitting to long:

-gas
-tires
-brake pads
-oil
-any rubber seals
-battery
-electrical systems

and the list goes on and on and on....

Bikes will easily go to over 100,000 miles with regular maintenance. The reason is that they are extremely overbuilt, especially once you realise what they are eventually used for, which is ridding on the road. At most the speeds you ride in your bike isn't even braking a sweat. I told that to my buddy once and he said, "well yeah than why does my bike overheat in put-put traffic?". Cause your not going fast enough! That radiator was designed to be efficient at high speed, not at 40mph. Remember, it's a race bike, it's built with extremely high tolerances to be able to take 15,000RPM's of punishment.
Old 04-05-2011, 05:54 AM
Registered member

D.Nick has much to be proud ofD.Nick has much to be proud ofD.Nick has much to be proud ofD.Nick has much to be proud ofD.Nick has much to be proud ofD.Nick has much to be proud ofD.Nick has much to be proud ofD.Nick has much to be proud ofD.Nick has much to be proud ofD.Nick has much to be proud ofD.Nick has much to be proud of

The average person doesn't know shit about bikes.

I've had 3 people come to me to help them find bikes and every last one of them either went and bought a brand new bike or spent WAAAAY too much in the end. One girl spent $6900 on a gsxr and tried to act like she got a good deal and then I went on CL and found that same bike with more mods and the same mileage for $4500 obo. Another went and bought a brand new 750 and she said the salesman told her she was getting a great deal. I wanted to slap her.

I've come to realize that most people get into riding simply because everyone else is doing it. Most of the time it's a friend that convinced another friend to spend the extra money they had on a motorcycle so they can look cool and pick up bitches on the strip. That's why I usually keep to myself when it comes to riding.
Old 04-05-2011, 06:01 AM
Registered member

D.Nick has much to be proud ofD.Nick has much to be proud ofD.Nick has much to be proud ofD.Nick has much to be proud ofD.Nick has much to be proud ofD.Nick has much to be proud ofD.Nick has much to be proud ofD.Nick has much to be proud ofD.Nick has much to be proud ofD.Nick has much to be proud ofD.Nick has much to be proud of

In other news, i'm about to say fuck trying to convert my bike over and to street and just buy some gear and head to VIR before things get too expensive.
Old 04-05-2011, 06:37 AM
the stig.

fc3spitsfire fc3spitsfire fc3spitsfire fc3spitsfire fc3spitsfire fc3spitsfire fc3spitsfire fc3spitsfire fc3spitsfire fc3spitsfire fc3spitsfire

How much riding time do you guys think I should put in before attempting to goto a track day? I feel like it would help my everyday driving if I know how far I can push it. I was thinking maybe atleast wait a season? Or maybe wait until I take the advanced rider course. I've put in a lil over 1000 miles of seat time in so far.
Old 04-05-2011, 06:41 AM
Registered member

If I could, I would've went to the track the first time I hopped on a bike. They teach you everything you need to know and what better place to learn than in a controlled environment?
Old 04-05-2011, 06:42 AM
Band

paperassgasket paperassgasket paperassgasket paperassgasket paperassgasket paperassgasket paperassgasket paperassgasket paperassgasket paperassgasket paperassgasket

Originally Posted by fc3spitsfire
How much riding time do you guys think I should put in before attempting to goto a track day? I feel like it would help my everyday driving if I know how far I can push it. I was thinking maybe atleast wait a season? Or maybe wait until I take the advanced rider course. I've put in a lil over 1000 miles of seat time in so far.
as soon as you figure out go and stop you should hit the track and learn to do things the right way before you develop bad habits (like riding a harley)
Old 04-05-2011, 06:48 AM
I like grape drank

Halfrican Halfrican Halfrican Halfrican Halfrican Halfrican Halfrican Halfrican Halfrican Halfrican Halfrican

Originally Posted by gnarlycharlie4u
as soon as you figure out go and stop you should hit the track and learn to do things the right way before you develop bad habits (like riding a harley)
Yeah, I'm going to a try the track thing during the summer as my first time...I'm afraid to know all that I'm doing wrong.
Old 04-05-2011, 06:58 AM
the stig.

fc3spitsfire fc3spitsfire fc3spitsfire fc3spitsfire fc3spitsfire fc3spitsfire fc3spitsfire fc3spitsfire fc3spitsfire fc3spitsfire fc3spitsfire

Well I'm all about that! Any idea for the best way to findinfo on track days for summit point? Or is it probally just on there website?

Quick Reply: Cycle whore thread