Notices
Cycle Corner Running with two less wheels than everyone else? This forum is for you.

Finally finished my wheels *new pics*

Old 12-14-2007, 08:07 PM
Small turbo whore

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Livin Legend has disabled reputation
Default Re: Finally finished my wheels *new pics*

Originally Posted by onepointone
WD-40 for the wheels. it cleans real well, and it makes it easier to wipe them off real quick.

my opinion: i hate colored wheels. the first thing i changed on my 06 gsxr600 were the nasty ass blue wheels. IMO, you made the bike like a couple years older..
just what i was thinking, bike looks like its forn the early 90's now with white wheels.
Old 12-17-2007, 01:37 AM

zx636skiv is on a distinguished road

Not what I would do personally, but it looks good and glad you are happy with it! Have you thought about repainting the bike white?

As for the clear on the tank, if you use a razor knife and a steady hand, you can cut beside the sticker and then remove it. Use a good buffing compound and you should be able to smooth the clearcoat down to where you can't feel the difference anymore. I did that with my '91 years ago since those stickers were cleared in. It took some time, but it looked right in the end.
Old 12-17-2007, 07:34 AM
TPJ
sumospeedDOTcom

TPJ is a jewel in the roughTPJ is a jewel in the roughTPJ is a jewel in the roughTPJ is a jewel in the roughTPJ is a jewel in the rough

Originally Posted by zx636skiv
Not what I would do personally, but it looks good and glad you are happy with it! Have you thought about repainting the bike white?

As for the clear on the tank, if you use a razor knife and a steady hand, you can cut beside the sticker and then remove it. Use a good buffing compound and you should be able to smooth the clearcoat down to where you can't feel the difference anymore. I did that with my '91 years ago since those stickers were cleared in. It took some time, but it looked right in the end.
Yeah a lot of people have told me that, but I don't see any need to try, seeing as the tank cover is plastic and I don't want to scar it permanently but cutting too deep.

And yes my original plan was to paint the entire bike white. I may still do that, this was just a random spur of the moment thing because I wanted to see what it looked like.
Old 12-17-2007, 11:57 AM
Registered member

Real Random Real Random Real Random Real Random Real Random Real Random Real Random Real Random Real Random Real Random Real Random

i COULD give you some tech spec ice grips....
Old 12-17-2007, 12:12 PM
TPJ
sumospeedDOTcom

TPJ is a jewel in the roughTPJ is a jewel in the roughTPJ is a jewel in the roughTPJ is a jewel in the roughTPJ is a jewel in the rough

Originally Posted by AFwestPunk
i COULD give you some tech spec ice grips....
Yes, you COULD
Old 12-28-2007, 03:56 PM
hatrs make me famous

skr00zloose has disabled reputation

delayed friggin reply..... but.....

(and this is coming from the guy who paints EVERYTHING black)....

i like white wheels.

i would, however, add some white details on the rest of the bike just to kind of "bring it together".

check tapeworks, i bet you could get the honda wing in white (i'm sure someone probably alreay said that, i just didn't read all the posts) and just overlay it onto the bike.
Old 12-28-2007, 04:48 PM
Registered member

Real Random Real Random Real Random Real Random Real Random Real Random Real Random Real Random Real Random Real Random Real Random

Originally Posted by skr00zloose

i like white wheels.

i would, however, add some white details on the rest of the bike just to kind of "bring it together".

check tapeworks, i bet you could get the honda wing in white (i'm sure someone probably alreay said that, i just didn't read all the posts) and just overlay it onto the bike.
yeah that was mentioned on another site
Old 12-29-2007, 05:39 AM
单身的 and loving it :)

Kells<3's Bikes is on a distinguished road

Yep and I wonder by whom????
Old 12-29-2007, 11:50 AM
TPJ
sumospeedDOTcom

Originally Posted by skr00zloose

i like white wheels.

There is actually a thread floating around in the Eye-Candy section that has a few different ideas of things to do to get more white integrated into the bike. And I've already got that is going to do the decals for me, same guy that does all our sumospeed vynils, just have to decide what I'm going to do.

I've got other shit right now that I'm worried about getting straightened out though, before I do anything more to the bike.