Notices
Cycle Corner Running with two less wheels than everyone else? This forum is for you.

Getting a bike!

Old 06-05-2004 | 06:56 AM
Murdered Out

Up_on1 is a name known to allUp_on1 is a name known to allUp_on1 is a name known to allUp_on1 is a name known to allUp_on1 is a name known to allUp_on1 is a name known to all
Default Re: Getting a bike!

get a used gixxer 600!! hehe....

<----bought a new one for a first bike...but i love it!!
Old 06-05-2004 | 10:14 AM
Registered Member

jtegger is an unknown quantity at this point

damn you guys are hard on a katana. thats what i bought for a first bike and think its a great starter bike. very easy to get used to and inexpensive.
Old 06-05-2004 | 10:16 AM
been around awhile.

zappas zappas zappas zappas zappas zappas zappas zappas zappas zappas zappas

how about a gixxer 1 or a busa?

I hear larry mcbride can build some fast one's...go holler at a drag bike..
Old 06-05-2004 | 10:48 AM
Banned

Boosted2003 is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by zappas
how about a gixxer 1 or a busa?

I hear larry mcbride can build some fast one's...go holler at a drag bike..
gixxer 1 and busa just tad to much.
Old 06-05-2004 | 10:51 AM
Banned

Originally Posted by CBR600F4
Ok, I guess I'LL be the only sane person around here...........

I wouldn't reccomend the F4i or the RR for a FIRST BIKE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

You sound like you have a level head.......................go with a USED Katana/SV650 so you can sell it after a year without loosing an arm and a leg on it. THEN get what you want.

You have the right idea. Better to get what you'd feel comfortable on than get what someone else tells you 'cause it's "cool"........................
Some people don't under stand 120hp cbr600rr or R6 runs mid to high 10 second 1/4 miles. I was looking at them, since they are kool and my dads friend took me out in his 2003 R6. Fast bike. I need bike around 50-75hp. Nothing to much. I'm not trying to kill my self.

I like the Katana 600 more then the sv 650 looks wise.. It tad mildier then a sv650 in performance.

Last edited by Boosted2003; 06-05-2004 at 10:54 AM.
Old 06-05-2004 | 11:02 AM
Chillaxin

Mr.6 Mr.6 Mr.6 Mr.6 Mr.6

Originally Posted by Boosted2003
Some people don't under stand 120hp cbr600rr or R6 runs mid to high 10 second 1/4 miles. I was looking at them, since they are kool and my dads friend took me out in his 2003 R6. Fast bike. I need bike around 50-75hp. Nothing to much. I'm not trying to kill my self.

I like the Katana 600 more then the sv 650 looks wise.. It tad mildier then a sv650 in performance.
If you think you will kill yourself then dont get a bike period. It really doesnt matter what you get if you dont have self control. IF you got a cbr600 rr or the R6 and rode them very delicately for the first 2 weeks, you would learn how easy it is to get on the gas. I dont know, you eventually get more confidence/confortable with the power. I think its safe to say you would get tired of the katana early in the season, if you get a 600, youll atleast know that you will hang onto it for a full season or a lot more. A 600cc bike is a lot more forgiving than a 1000cc bike, so should you do something with your wrist that you will regret, on a 600cc your chances of living are 55 % living; 45% dying. If you get the 1000cc and apply that same philosophy, i would think it would be 65% dead; 35% busted fucked-up ass. Ive come to agree with most that its all about the rider, because you could still kill yourself on a katana.
Old 06-05-2004 | 11:36 AM
Banned

Originally Posted by Mr.6
If you think you will kill yourself then dont get a bike period. It really doesnt matter what you get if you dont have self control. IF you got a cbr600 rr or the R6 and rode them very delicately for the first 2 weeks, you would learn how easy it is to get on the gas. I dont know, you eventually get more confidence/confortable with the power. I think its safe to say you would get tired of the katana early in the season, if you get a 600, youll atleast know that you will hang onto it for a full season or a lot more. A 600cc bike is a lot more forgiving than a 1000cc bike, so should you do something with your wrist that you will regret, on a 600cc your chances of living are 55 % living; 45% dying. If you get the 1000cc and apply that same philosophy, i would think it would be 65% dead; 35% busted fucked-up ass. Ive come to agree with most that its all about the rider, because you could still kill yourself on a katana.
I understand what you are talking about. I'm just saying this so it will please my parents too since its going on there insurance. LOL I'm not getting katana cause they are not fuel injected. I'm not fucking with that shit. I'm getting a used 2000+ bike anyway.
Old 06-05-2004 | 11:42 AM
HHIC

Flite Flite Flite Flite Flite Flite Flite Flite Flite Flite Flite

Get a Sportster....883 style
Old 06-05-2004 | 11:59 AM
_______

_____ _____ _____ _____ _____ _____ _____ _____ _____ _____ _____

Originally Posted by Boosted2003
I'm not getting katana cause they are not fuel injected. I'm not fucking with that shit.
What does FI have anything to do with it? This is your first bike right?
Old 06-05-2004 | 12:33 PM
Va Beach Coast Rider

CBR600F4 CBR600F4 CBR600F4 CBR600F4 CBR600F4 CBR600F4 CBR600F4 CBR600F4 CBR600F4 CBR600F4 CBR600F4

Originally Posted by Mr.6

You just contradicted yourself in this statement.

It has nothing to DO with "self control" if you fuck up and roll the throttle coming out of a turn and you pop a wheel or spin the rear. It has to do with inexperience.

All you guys are KILLING MEwith this "don't get a Katana cause you'll get bored with it" philosophy............that's why you SELL it when you're bored with it!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! What aren't you guys grasping here?????????????

I'm glad that YOU could start on whatever bike it is YOU bought, but YOU'RE not HIM!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

A starter bike is just that; a STARTER bike!!!!!!!!! You start riding on it and then sell it and get something bigger/better when you know how to ride. What in the fuck in wrong with that?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!? FUCK!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

What do I have to do to get this point across to you guys?

You talk about self control, if you start on a Katana that has a max speed of what? 110-120? compared to an F4 with a max speed of 160...........that's a big difference. Especially when you think how long it takes tha Katana to reach those speeds when compared to the F4. Or you can get a Ninja 250 that has a max speed of like 90 or whatever...................plus it's a much smaller bike and easier to control.

Shit, in all seriousness; there really isn't much difference in the "kill yourself" factor between a brand new 1000 or 600. The 600's are almost as fast and the 1000's are almost as light. So Fuck it; tell him to start off on a 1000rr for christs sake. I mean; he'll NEVER get bored with that bike right?

FUCK!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

As for carb'd vs fi; uhhhh........................unless you plan on modding the bike there is virtually no difference between the two that you will notice. So don't let that be a deciding factor.

Quick Reply: Getting a bike!