Notices
Cycle Corner Running with two less wheels than everyone else? This forum is for you.

Have a question.

Old 09-26-2006, 09:14 AM
Night Train

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
dwn4whadever has disabled reputation
Default Re: Have a question.

Originally Posted by hondalawnmower
I want insurance, I just am not able to pay the quoted 400 a month if I get a financed bike and won't be able to pay straight cash for one for a year or two. Kind of at a loss for what to do. With everything going on in my life it seems like a bike is the only thing that could perk me up.
Well what kinda bike do you want. If you are looking to get something that is in the 4k-5k im figuring its going to be a 600cc supersport. Unless you drop out and get a job i dont think you going to be able to afford full coverage.
Old 09-26-2006, 10:11 AM
Between Bikes

pasty pasty pasty pasty pasty pasty pasty pasty pasty pasty pasty

Originally Posted by dwn4whadever
Well what kinda bike do you want. If you are looking to get something that is in the 4k-5k im figuring its going to be a 600cc supersport. Unless you drop out and get a job i dont think you going to be able to afford full coverage.
Right on the money. People say I should get a bigger bike and will get bored of the 600, but I don't have enough to pay for insurance on something bigger.
Old 09-26-2006, 12:02 PM
Registered Member

LudeBehavior21 will become famous soon enough

Unless you get a personal loan you are going to have to pay full coverage (insurance). On a used motorcycle loan you are required to have full coverage by the bank. If you can't afford full coverage I say look at a personal loan, which the interest rate is probably going to be pretty high. This is the only way I see around it unless you want to go and get a new bike which then you don't need full coverage, all you need is liability (atleast that is for Suzuki's and Yamaha's). Seeing your situation of income you probably can't do that.
Old 09-26-2006, 04:03 PM
LaShawn

djgrom djgrom djgrom djgrom djgrom djgrom djgrom djgrom djgrom djgrom djgrom

Bored of a 600...yeah right
Old 09-26-2006, 04:14 PM
Yup, jolly poopbuggy

Corey Corey Corey Corey Corey Corey Corey Corey Corey Corey Corey

Originally Posted by ChevyMudtruck
don't you have to have full coverage if you are making payments?
Not if you buy the bike through one of those credit card deals the manufacturers do. I know people who bought with the Suzuki card and only have liability. You own the bike essentially. You are obligated to pay them, but it's yours.

As for having insurance, I wouldn't ride without full coverage. If you get in an accident your health insurance doesn't have to cover medical bills. I'm more worried about getting me fixed than getting the bike fixed if I get in a bad accident.
Old 09-26-2006, 04:27 PM
PandaMania

BigHead Ted is infamous around these partsBigHead Ted is infamous around these partsBigHead Ted is infamous around these partsBigHead Ted is infamous around these partsBigHead Ted is infamous around these partsBigHead Ted is infamous around these partsBigHead Ted is infamous around these partsBigHead Ted is infamous around these partsBigHead Ted is infamous around these partsBigHead Ted is infamous around these partsBigHead Ted is infamous around these parts

im with corey on that. Full coverage or no bike thats the way i see it. Im getting a 600 and for full coverage its only alittle over 900 for a year. But that is with no accidents or tickets. multi policy discounts and being 24 years old. and that quote wqas for a newer cbr600rr.
Old 09-26-2006, 07:53 PM
Registered Member

CBR600RR has disabled reputation

If you get your bike through honda you can just have liability. I pay 1760 a year. That was the cheapest for me. Is with dairy land insurance in wisconson. Everyone else wanted to charge me 4500 and up a year.
Old 09-27-2006, 06:41 PM
Registered Member

streetsk8er757 has disabled reputation

Originally Posted by hondalawnmower
I want insurance, I just am not able to pay the quoted 400 a month if I get a financed bike and won't be able to pay straight cash for one for a year or two. Kind of at a loss for what to do. With everything going on in my life it seems like a bike is the only thing that could perk me up.
I was quoted 210 a month full coverage on a 99 749S and my 2000 SI. That is full coverage on both vehicle's my insurance on just the SI was 160/month with full coverage. From Allstate