Notices
Cycle Corner Running with two less wheels than everyone else? This forum is for you.

I want your opinion.

Old 11-26-2007, 04:27 AM
wub wub wub wub

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
VanillaThrilla VanillaThrilla VanillaThrilla VanillaThrilla VanillaThrilla VanillaThrilla VanillaThrilla VanillaThrilla VanillaThrilla VanillaThrilla VanillaThrilla
Default Re: I want your opinion.

Originally Posted by ForcedFedTeg
im not all for cracking the bike wide open and running it through all the gears. If im cruising in 5th-6th i would like to have a little more power so i dont have to downshift three times to get in the powerband. pluss i feel more comfortable on a bigger bike.
Maybe all you need is a 600 class bike that's always in its powerband..

05/06 636 FTW.

There are no powerband spikes. It's very broad across the RPM's.
Old 11-26-2007, 05:04 AM
Handling is Key!

Voodoo ST is infamous around these partsVoodoo ST is infamous around these partsVoodoo ST is infamous around these partsVoodoo ST is infamous around these partsVoodoo ST is infamous around these partsVoodoo ST is infamous around these partsVoodoo ST is infamous around these partsVoodoo ST is infamous around these partsVoodoo ST is infamous around these partsVoodoo ST is infamous around these partsVoodoo ST is infamous around these parts

after doing some more research, i think im leaning more towards the 08 1000RR.

SEVA?
I have an 06 1000RR RED/BLACK with 1900 miles for sale and I can Finance you and offer a warranty on a used bike....... Beautiful bike and looks better than the 08 version IMHO. PM me for a price if youre interested.

Shawn-
Old 11-26-2007, 05:15 AM
Registered Member

3xb18 has a reputation beyond repute3xb18 has a reputation beyond repute3xb18 has a reputation beyond repute3xb18 has a reputation beyond repute3xb18 has a reputation beyond repute3xb18 has a reputation beyond repute3xb18 has a reputation beyond repute3xb18 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by tundrafiend01
Because going fast in a straight line is sooooo fun.
True story..1ks r for people that feel they need to have a ''Big'' bike. Just so they can say..Hey I got a 1k look at me
Old 11-26-2007, 06:04 AM
loved by all

ForcedFedTeg is infamous around these partsForcedFedTeg is infamous around these partsForcedFedTeg is infamous around these partsForcedFedTeg is infamous around these partsForcedFedTeg is infamous around these partsForcedFedTeg is infamous around these partsForcedFedTeg is infamous around these partsForcedFedTeg is infamous around these partsForcedFedTeg is infamous around these partsForcedFedTeg is infamous around these partsForcedFedTeg is infamous around these parts

Originally Posted by V8 Hunter
I have an 06 1000RR RED/BLACK with 1900 miles for sale and I can Finance you and offer a warranty on a used bike....... Beautiful bike and looks better than the 08 version IMHO. PM me for a price if youre interested.

Shawn-
your too far away to ride it back this time of year and im really looking for something brand new.
Old 11-26-2007, 06:10 AM
loved by all

ForcedFedTeg is infamous around these partsForcedFedTeg is infamous around these partsForcedFedTeg is infamous around these partsForcedFedTeg is infamous around these partsForcedFedTeg is infamous around these partsForcedFedTeg is infamous around these partsForcedFedTeg is infamous around these partsForcedFedTeg is infamous around these partsForcedFedTeg is infamous around these partsForcedFedTeg is infamous around these partsForcedFedTeg is infamous around these parts

Originally Posted by 3xb18
True story..1ks r for people that feel they need to have a ''Big'' bike. Just so they can say..Hey I got a 1k look at me
yes, because having a 1000 is sooo impressive these days.

i dont plan on going to the track, I just want what i want. Dont hate if its not your choise. Its not like im going out and getting a bussa for my first bike.
Old 11-26-2007, 06:30 AM
Handling is Key!

Voodoo ST is infamous around these partsVoodoo ST is infamous around these partsVoodoo ST is infamous around these partsVoodoo ST is infamous around these partsVoodoo ST is infamous around these partsVoodoo ST is infamous around these partsVoodoo ST is infamous around these partsVoodoo ST is infamous around these partsVoodoo ST is infamous around these partsVoodoo ST is infamous around these partsVoodoo ST is infamous around these parts

your too far away to ride it back this time of year and im really looking for something brand new.

Understandable, good luck looking for something ........ We do Deliver too so you know.
Old 11-26-2007, 06:40 AM
Registered Member

xshanex has disabled reputation

nope, just the most fun
thats arguable I like a little more character in my motors

go sit on a few and check out the ratios between the pegs-seat-bars in the magazines as we can talk about it all day but that is the best way to do it. Check out some of the aftermarket eli-bars that raise the bars 1-2" and 1" lower pegs make a huge difference for many. People have such different perceptions on fit it's hard to take someone else's recommendation and with the ergonomics changing every 2 years it's hard to listen to someone that has a couple year old model of the same bike..my friend raved about how comfortable his gsxr was and it was a torture rack to me and made my zx6r feel like a couch.
Old 11-26-2007, 06:52 AM
Handling is Key!

On another note....... I have more fun ripping it up on my 600 more so than my 1K. And whats really fun, is taking the 6 on the track and whipping up on 1ks.... lol
Old 11-26-2007, 06:54 AM
A.K.A Slowintegra92

VADA9 has a little shameless behaviour in the past

To the op, i fully see the point of u getting whatever u want. Hey its your money and your bike. All u are looking for is opinions. But I think what some of these people are trying to get at is about the safety of or fellow riders. Incase u have not noticed this years has been the worst ever on record for Motorcyclist in VA! Thats a fact, some riders faults some not. The thing is we are seeing a growing trend of riders dieing on the streets of VA and we are tired of seeing it happen esp. from: the lack of good judgement/skills by riders and people riding bikes that they are not mentally or/and skilled enough to ride the bikes they own. The bikes keep getting more HP and more speed but no one is taking the time to teach people how to cope with all this new power in the bike! I ride a 06 GSX-R 600, It is fully done up with everything besides internal motor work. I have been riding for many years and its still more then plenty for me, but thats just me. But i enjoy my bike to the fullest. I dont go 120 down the highway bc i dont need to go to jail, but i am guilty of breaking the law on it most everytime i ride. Simply on a bike its very easy to do. i think generally they are getting at that its so much more easy to make a deadly mistake on a 1000 with 160+ Hp then with a 600. They are advising track days bc for most people it opens up an enitre new world of your bike, using it for what it is built to do! I admit i always chuckle to myself bc i am seeing more and more 1000's with 2 inch chicken strips. Have u ever blistered your stock tires? Thats enough said just with a look at the tire. Well i am done ranting and i will put my flame suit on but the general idea is we want riders to stay safe and not get more then they can handle/need in real life! Josh

Last edited by VADA9; 11-26-2007 at 07:01 AM.
Old 11-26-2007, 07:00 AM
Handling is Key!

Originally Posted by VADA9
To the op, i fully see the point of u getting whatever u want. Hey its your money and your bike. All u are looking for is opinions. But I think what some of these people are trying to get at is about the safety of or fellow riders. Incase u have not noticed this years has been the worst ever on record for Motorcyclist in VA! Thats a fact, some riders faults some not. The thing is we are seeing a growing trend of riders dieing on the streets of VA and we are tired of seeing it happen esp. from: the lack of good judgement/skills by riders and people riding bikes that they are not mentally or/and skilled enough to ride the bikes they own. The bikes keep getting more HP and more speed but no one is taking the time to teach people how to cope with all this new power in the bike! I ride a 06 GSX-R 600, It is fully done up with everything besides internal motor work. I have been riding for many years and its still more then plenty for me, but thats just me. But i enjoy my bike to the fullest. I dont go 120 down the highway bc i dont need to go to jail, but i am guilty of breaking the law on it most everytime i ride. Simply on a bike its very easy to do. i think generally they are getting at that its so much more easy to make a deadly mistake on a 1000 with 160+ Hp then with a 600. They are advising track days bc for most people it opens up an enitre new world of your bike, using it for what it is built to do! I admit i always chuckle to myself bc i am seeing more and more 1000's with 2 inch chicken strips. Thats enough said just with a look at the tire. Well i am done ranting and i will put my flame suit on but the general idea is we want riders to stay safe and not get more then they can handle/need in real life! Josh

Very well said...... I agree!

Quick Reply: I want your opinion.