Notices
Cycle Corner Running with two less wheels than everyone else? This forum is for you.

License/Permit Info for Virginia

Old 08-07-2007, 04:01 AM
Not Yet

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
markj has disabled reputation
Default Re: License/Permit Info for Virginia

yes there are a bunch,there is one off of dmv lance off of broad street! the girl i used to ride with (Elena) used to work there!
Old 08-12-2007, 10:07 PM
Registered Member

hwany00007 has disabled reputation

NVM
Old 08-12-2007, 10:41 PM
Registered Member

kashimiru kashimiru kashimiru kashimiru kashimiru kashimiru kashimiru kashimiru kashimiru kashimiru kashimiru

Originally Posted by mugenej8power
So I'm 19... if I go and get my motorcycle learner's I only have to hold it for 30 days, and then I can get my motorcycle license?

Are there other courses than the DMV course?
i just took one of the courses at the DMV in richmond. the laws changed on the 1st of july, so if you take the course w/ a certified program, your road test and written test are substitutes for the DMV tests and you receive a 30 day paper license (not a 30 day permit) which can be exchanged anytime within a year for your M Class designation on your license.
Old 09-06-2007, 04:39 AM
FTP! Cop's Lie!

R1Buttercup is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by kashimiru
i just took one of the courses at the DMV in richmond. the laws changed on the 1st of july, so if you take the course w/ a certified program, your road test and written test are substitutes for the DMV tests and you receive a 30 day paper license (not a 30 day permit) which can be exchanged anytime within a year for your M Class designation on your license.
Updated the info!

Last edited by R1Buttercup; 09-06-2007 at 04:48 AM.
Old 12-03-2007, 07:43 AM
Registered member

Real Random Real Random Real Random Real Random Real Random Real Random Real Random Real Random Real Random Real Random Real Random

if anyone has just a permit and need to ride with someone legal
I am sure many of use with the M will help you out
Old 05-08-2008, 02:48 AM
DESTROYS DONUTS !!

MORE IMPATIENT MORE IMPATIENT MORE IMPATIENT MORE IMPATIENT MORE IMPATIENT MORE IMPATIENT MORE IMPATIENT MORE IMPATIENT MORE IMPATIENT MORE IMPATIENT MORE IMPATIENT

can someone answer me this. can you apply for a m permit and just drive around on that forever ?.

reason i ask is because i used to live in N.C. Down there you can apply for a motorcycle permit and you can drive around on your permit for your entire life as long as you DO NOT CARRY A PASSENGER. So you can never have a motorcycle operators license and still be legal. Is this true in virginia as well ?.

im looking into getting a motorcycle,just a thought for now but one that may come to life eventually, thanks for any response.
Old 05-13-2008, 12:13 PM
Awesome.

MA-HALF-E MA-HALF-E MA-HALF-E MA-HALF-E MA-HALF-E MA-HALF-E MA-HALF-E MA-HALF-E MA-HALF-E MA-HALF-E MA-HALF-E

Originally Posted by MORE IMPATIENT
can someone answer me this. can you apply for a m permit and just drive around on that forever ?.

reason i ask is because i used to live in N.C. Down there you can apply for a motorcycle permit and you can drive around on your permit for your entire life as long as you DO NOT CARRY A PASSENGER. So you can never have a motorcycle operators license and still be legal. Is this true in virginia as well ?.

im looking into getting a motorcycle,just a thought for now but one that may come to life eventually, thanks for any response.
I think the permit is only good for a year. I'm sure you could keep re-applying for it though.
Old 05-13-2008, 12:19 PM
smuggling grapes

Speed-O Speed-O Speed-O Speed-O Speed-O Speed-O Speed-O Speed-O Speed-O Speed-O Speed-O

Originally Posted by Scarlet Letter
I think the permit is only good for a year. I'm sure you could keep re-applying for it though.
I think you're right.

I'm not sure, but aren't the hours of operation different than a regular M class too?
Old 05-13-2008, 12:37 PM
TPJ
sumospeedDOTcom

TPJ is a jewel in the roughTPJ is a jewel in the roughTPJ is a jewel in the roughTPJ is a jewel in the roughTPJ is a jewel in the rough

There are quite a few things that you can't do if you only have a permit.

First off, you're not supposed to ride at all unless you have another person riding in the same group that has an M class designation.

You can't ride after sunset, before sunrise (basically, when it's dark).

You can't have any passengers.

You can't ride on the interstate.

Those are all I can think of at this exact time, but if you get the DMV book it will tell you all the different things you can and cannot do.
Old 05-15-2008, 02:29 AM
DESTROYS DONUTS !!

MORE IMPATIENT MORE IMPATIENT MORE IMPATIENT MORE IMPATIENT MORE IMPATIENT MORE IMPATIENT MORE IMPATIENT MORE IMPATIENT MORE IMPATIENT MORE IMPATIENT MORE IMPATIENT

thanks for the replys , looks like ill just take that course if i get a bike. need to sell some of my cars first, and thats proving a very hard thing to do nowadays.

Quick Reply: License/Permit Info for Virginia