Notices
Cycle Corner Running with two less wheels than everyone else? This forum is for you.

Need help w/flat tire.

Old 10-30-2007 | 07:13 PM
Registered Member

Alwayslast is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Need help w/flat tire.

Like someone else said, just buy the tire plug kit from walmart for <$10 and plug it yourself. it's pretty easy.
$75 is a rip off.
Old 10-31-2007 | 12:31 PM
ASE Master

onepointone has much to be proud ofonepointone has much to be proud ofonepointone has much to be proud ofonepointone has much to be proud ofonepointone has much to be proud ofonepointone has much to be proud ofonepointone has much to be proud ofonepointone has much to be proud ofonepointone has much to be proud ofonepointone has much to be proud ofonepointone has much to be proud of

man if you were closer id mount the tires for you. i dont know what size you need but i have some pilot powers for sale in the forsale section.

plugging the tire is a NO NO. which would you rather pay for, a $150 tire, or putting yourself and your bike back together?

ive always said to people using take-offs at the track "is a $250-$300 set of tires worth your $9,000 bike?"
Old 10-31-2007 | 07:01 PM
单身的 and loving it :)

Kells<3's Bikes is on a distinguished road

Originally Posted by onepointone
man if you were closer id mount the tires for you. i dont know what size you need but i have some pilot powers for sale in the forsale section.

plugging the tire is a NO NO. which would you rather pay for, a $150 tire, or putting yourself and your bike back together?

ive always said to people using take-offs at the track "is a $250-$300 set of tires worth your $9,000 bike?"
Wow someone else with some sense!!!!!!!!!! Sorry fellas but I agree. Give us a call at EMC We do charge 40 dollars to mount but our tires are 125-135 depending on size. We might give ya a break if you tell us u saw it here. And Gazoo I wouldn't be putting Skr00zs name out there like that!
Old 11-01-2007 | 03:39 AM
Registered Member

tundrafiend01 is on a distinguished road

Originally Posted by seanazzy
i'd go to a local track and just buy some takeoffs instead of buying a brand new tire and if you take loose rim and tire nobody should charge more than $20/tire mount and balance and if they do that's ridiculous
The only issue with this suggestion is he's rolling an EX500 so in theory he'd have to be lucky and find a 130/70, 140/70, or a 150/60.

Originally Posted by Alwayslast
Like someone else said, just buy the tire plug kit from walmart for <$10 and plug it yourself. it's pretty easy.
$75 is a rip off.
I agree, $75, even with the wheel on the bike, is a bit expensive.

Originally Posted by EMC Queen
Wow someone else with some sense!!!!!!!!!! Sorry fellas but I agree. Give us a call at EMC We do charge 40 dollars to mount but our tires are 125-135 depending on size. We might give ya a break if you tell us u saw it here. And Gazoo I wouldn't be putting Skr00zs name out there like that!
Too bad Quentin is from Nova
Old 11-01-2007 | 07:25 PM
beautiful struggle

Quentin has disabled reputation

thanks for all the concern, and yea its a 130/90-17 (well thats what I have on, not sure what other sizes fit).

Anyways, I pluged it today (like OMG!) and so far so good. But I only rode like 5 miles. I'll keep an eye on it, I might replace it during the winter. I can grab a new tire off ebay for like $100 give or take. Hopefully the plug thing will work out.
Old 11-01-2007 | 07:32 PM
+RepCarebearCrew

I<3Strippers! I<3Strippers! I<3Strippers! I<3Strippers! I<3Strippers! I<3Strippers! I<3Strippers! I<3Strippers! I<3Strippers! I<3Strippers! I<3Strippers!

ive plugged 2 motorcycle tires before ( i work at a vb gas station) and ive never had anyone come back and complain, and a properly plugged tire should last the life of the tire
Old 11-01-2007 | 08:15 PM
ASE Master

onepointone has much to be proud ofonepointone has much to be proud ofonepointone has much to be proud ofonepointone has much to be proud ofonepointone has much to be proud ofonepointone has much to be proud ofonepointone has much to be proud ofonepointone has much to be proud ofonepointone has much to be proud ofonepointone has much to be proud ofonepointone has much to be proud of

you arent supposed to plug a motorcycle tire. i really think you should reconsider what that $100 tire is worth to you.

when your tire is punctured, it creates a tear in not only the exterior of the tire, but the interior structure of the tire. on a motorcycle tire, its being pulled/scretched around as you lean through turns, and its only going to pull/stretch around that tear, eventually causing it to leak, hopefully not blowing out all together. ask any motorcycle shop to plug a tire for you and they will say no, as you have found. theres a reason for that. its not safe.

i hope you rethink replacing that tire. if not, be careful out there man...

on a side note, i was mounting a pilot power 2ct for my buddy last summer. i accidentally punctured the tire mounting it. he was ok with patching the tire. i told him definitely not and i went and bought him another tire on my dime. im not holding that shit over my head when something goes wrong..
Old 11-02-2007 | 03:35 AM
Registered Member

tundrafiend01 is on a distinguished road

Originally Posted by Quentin
thanks for all the concern, and yea its a 130/90-17 (well thats what I have on, not sure what other sizes fit).

Anyways, I pluged it today (like OMG!) and so far so good. But I only rode like 5 miles. I'll keep an eye on it, I might replace it during the winter. I can grab a new tire off ebay for like $100 give or take. Hopefully the plug thing will work out.
I'm glad you got it taken care of. Just be careful with the plug and check it every so often to ensure it's still holding well.

As far as tire sizes for the EX500, I would recommend a 140/70 radial. Right now, I have a 150/60 on the rear, and due to pinching, there is unusable tread and no matter the lean angle, I can't touch it.

Unless you change your own tires, it's sometimes cheaper to buy and install a tire at the same place.

Have fun, be safe, and keep the rubber side down.
Old 11-02-2007 | 06:26 AM
单身的 and loving it :)

Kells<3's Bikes is on a distinguished road

Originally Posted by Quentin

To bad your not closer we sell new 130s for 105.95 and you dont have to pay shipping. Good Luck

Kellie
Old 11-02-2007 | 06:43 AM
live by the 4 B's

integr8ted has disabled reputation

wow, people are willing to plug motorcycle tires and risk their life.130 dollars is the price tag you put on your life.

Quick Reply: Need help w/flat tire.