Notices
Cycle Corner Running with two less wheels than everyone else? This forum is for you.

New Coast Riders Vid.......................

Old 08-05-2004, 06:31 AM
Registered Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Del La Sol 1320 has disabled reputation
Default Re: New Coast Riders Vid.......................

sure i'd talk to him, but i also remember him photoshopping a picture of him on the track with blackies trailing all through the corner like he had been power sliding, til someone found the original pic with no massive tire slide marks, so even if he says he did it on purpose i wouldn't buy it

he didn't ever slide anywhere before that so its not like he had been doing it all day long and had a mishap, it was an accident pure and simple, and theres no reason to square off that corner anyways, it nearly put him in the dirt... you don't really power slide 600's like that anyways, maybe an FX bike or something but a stock R6 you don't ride like that

it was cool he got it on tape, but its my opinion that it was a complete accident... what is his account?
Old 08-05-2004, 08:40 AM
Va Beach Coast Rider

CBR600F4 CBR600F4 CBR600F4 CBR600F4 CBR600F4 CBR600F4 CBR600F4 CBR600F4 CBR600F4 CBR600F4 CBR600F4

I already told you his account.

As for the photoshop of the stripe..............that was for his avatar. I know in my avatar on Cycleforums it shows me doing a killer stoppie; right before I hit the pavement. But you would never know unless I told you.

Does that make me an ass as well?

By the way; he's racing WERA now. Just thought you should know.
Old 08-05-2004, 09:01 AM
Registered Member

haha thats funny about your avatar i had no clue

i'm not saying it makes him an ass, but as i recalled the post someone had to bring out the old picture and call him out to get him to admit he was lighting up his tire, so it just makes me question his credibility if he says he did it on purpose, but i dont' know him at all really... but racing wera doesn't really mean anything, anyone thats completed a school(me) can race wera and i sure as hell can't power slide, the 600 class is a real cluster fuck of experienced guys and people that have only done one track day so it doesn't tell me he's good or bad... but he looked to have good form hanging with hatchman who seemed to be setting a nice pace

but thats not a turn you square off especially on a R6 i don't think theres anywhere on the vir you'd light up a 600 on purpose, and he never did it before or after in the video and seemed to let off really quick as soon as it did happen and went way off line... so all that tells me he just had a scary moment, it appears to be a text book almost highside, it happens but i wouldn't claim it was technique if i did it... i'll ask him on cycle forums, i just can't imagine he was doing it as technique to go faster, i'm not trying to down him too much he'd probably put me in my place bad on the track, but those control riders passed him like he was standing still and he said a 16 year old on a SV did too, i'd think if he has the skill to power slide around the track he'd be going a little faster
Old 08-05-2004, 09:15 AM
Va Beach Coast Rider

CBR600F4 CBR600F4 CBR600F4 CBR600F4 CBR600F4 CBR600F4 CBR600F4 CBR600F4 CBR600F4 CBR600F4 CBR600F4

Ok, this is my last response to this subject and I'm letting it go.

He's done nothing but track day after race after track day over the last 6 months. He rides better than Hatchman (imho) as seen in the vid when he finally passes him; you can see how much of a quicker pace Mark sets while he's not following him.

I've ridden with Mark more times then I can count; on and off the track. He can ride. Prolly one of the best riders I've ever ridden with; and it's cause he really doesn't give a fuck. He rides balls to the wall.

Wether or not he meant to do it? I could give two shits. I'm telling you what he told me; plain and simple. Why wouldn't he try new things during a track day vice an actual race? Makes sense to me.

And regardless; the ability to recover without wrecking is more than enough for me!

Now I'm letting this go. Carry your ass down to Pungo sometime to get some riding in other than interstates and you can ask him yourself................
Old 08-05-2004, 10:11 AM
Registered Member

sounds like you could give a little more than two shits... i'm not saying he can't ride or can't do it, but he didn't do it before or after in the vid and it happened so quick it appeared to have suprised him... it just didn't appear to me that he had control over the situation so i wouldn't call it a technique to take the corner faster i'd call it i just shat myself

but why would you assume i only ride on the interstate? actually your kind of right, i've been doing track days just about every two weeks for the 3 months so about the only street riding i've gotten in is on 295 to work... besides i'd rather go west to the mountains, thats where the real roads are
Old 08-05-2004, 12:34 PM
Registered Member

real mature... i thought we were just having a normal discussion even though we didn't agree, you told me to ask him myself, so i did in what i thought was a respectful manner, and so after i do he goes on the other site and tells everyone i'm talking shit about mark and copy/pastes me entire conversation in an attempt to make me look bad

your the one that started dragging it onto a shit talking level, atleast for yourself anyways... i don't have any problem with having someone not agree with me, it would suck if we all did so you shouldn't get so bent out of shape everytime someone doesn't agree with you

Old 08-05-2004, 01:10 PM
Va Beach Coast Rider

I told you once what he told me; you didn't agree.

I told you twice; you brought up him photoshopping a pic and being less than honest in the past.

I told you three times and to ask him yourself.

You then go over there and talk all NICE?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?! Are you friggin' kidding me????? Then get pissed when I show him all the shit talking you did over here?

Time to get over yourself Del....................
Old 08-05-2004, 01:44 PM
Registered Member

how is any of that talking shit... i didn't say anything at all in disrespect to you, i didn't agree so i argued my points, thats all, its not like i didn't agree so i start name calling or trying to bash you or anything, show me one word of mine that is "talking shit"... i even added i didn't know him enough to really judge him, but from what i had read i just didn't see

and why is it so ridiculous for me to be courteous to him over there just because your worked up over here? should i go over there and be a dick to him completely unjustified... you really need to learn how to talk to other people more appropriatly

and i never got pissed, i don't get pissed over trivial things... i just found it in bad taste thats all... and i don't mind if he sees what i said, i said it on a public forum, i just thought it was a little immature thats all, especially considering how i tried to keep it less dramafied over there

Last edited by Del La Sol 1320; 08-05-2004 at 01:46 PM.
Old 08-05-2004, 02:12 PM
Va Beach Coast Rider

I already let this go dude; I really think you should too.......................
Old 08-05-2004, 02:45 PM
Registered Member

i thought you said you were done posting like three replies back

Quick Reply: New Coast Riders Vid.......................