Notices
Cycle Corner Running with two less wheels than everyone else? This forum is for you.

Reckless Ticket

Old 09-05-2006, 07:46 AM
oNi
Urusai! Baka!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
oNi oNi oNi oNi oNi oNi oNi oNi oNi oNi oNi
Default Reckless Ticket

So I was on my way back from the beach on Sat night, riding westbound 264, i'm riding in the left lane following behind some cars, right where the hov (4th) lane starts I go into that lane, pass the crowd i was in and ride in the front of them (i like to ride ahead of ppl not around them, to avoid collisions, etc.) so I pass the cars and then see a car on the right hand shoulder ahead of me just past the 1st colonial off ramp, looks like a cop so i let off my throttle and pass him and then the lights come on and he gets behind me, I pull over to the left shoulder which I didn't realize was so small and he pulls up next to me and tells me to pull to the right shoulder as i was going to get us both killed so I pull to the right shoulder where the v/b blvd overpass is and he says he got me going 80mph. When he said 80, i responded '80?!? 80??..... 80????' and he just said yes 80 and went back to his car for like 10 mins and came back with the ticket to goto court and asked if I had any other questions to which I shook my head no but obviously wanted to say something about the whole incident but he just went back to his car and we both were on our way.

I really don't think I was going 80 when I passed him, was it possible I was going 80 when I passed the crowd before we got up to him? Who knows. Alls I know is I was on my way to slow down after passing the crowd before I came up and seen him and he says I was going 80, I plan on going to court and pleading not guilty and getting my speedo checked as I'm sure it's off because while I go the posted speed limit cars are passing me no problem so I'm sure it's off.

This is my second ticket, so I don't really have much of a bad driving history, the first was a speeding ticket a couple years ago. The cop really caught me off guard when he pulled me and said I was going 80. Anyhow, anyone else get a wreckless ticket in va beach? How's the judges act towards motorcycles, I just started riding about a month ago and honestly thought the cop would have let me off with a warning since I hadn't been riding long and ride safe with full gear, but I doubt he could tell I only had been riding a month (I gave him my license and he asked me whether I had a motorcycle license to which I pointed the M out) and probably thought I was a stereotype bike racer so he gave me the ticket.

Long story, sorry, just felt like venting, seeing if anyone else been through similar situation in va beach.
Old 09-05-2006, 07:56 AM
Registered Member

ef9zc has disabled reputation
Default Re: Reckless Ticket

Should of asked to see this 80 hes talking about to late now best of luck
Old 09-05-2006, 08:04 AM
ASE Master

onepointone has much to be proud ofonepointone has much to be proud ofonepointone has much to be proud ofonepointone has much to be proud ofonepointone has much to be proud ofonepointone has much to be proud ofonepointone has much to be proud ofonepointone has much to be proud ofonepointone has much to be proud ofonepointone has much to be proud ofonepointone has much to be proud of

Originally Posted by ef9zc
Should of asked to see this 80 hes talking about to late now best of luck
+1

but usually, thats when they start really acting like a dick. if you didnt think you were going 80, you should of asked to see the radar.
Old 09-05-2006, 08:07 AM
hatrs make me famous

skr00zloose has disabled reputation

cops aren't required to show you the radar, that's a myth.

as far as vb judges, good luck. some are slack, others, not so much.

does your bike have factory gearing? if you changed it, it'll throw the speedo off (if it reads from the front sprocket, like most newer bikes do).
Old 09-05-2006, 10:40 AM
Registered Member

soniccbr has disabled reputation

Call Slipow, and get the vasaline ready.
Old 09-05-2006, 10:56 AM
CLUTCH IT UP

Armenian has disabled reputation

If your speedo is off or uncalibrated it does'nt matter. Your screwed. The judges in VB don't give a shit about that. I've been to court enough to know this.
Old 09-05-2006, 11:29 AM
hatrs make me famous

lol... yeah, alvin has the courts on lock...heheheh

and yeah, slipow is a kick ass lawyer, i oughta know.
Old 09-05-2006, 01:05 PM
Japanese Disease

NEO_WRX NEO_WRX NEO_WRX NEO_WRX NEO_WRX NEO_WRX NEO_WRX NEO_WRX NEO_WRX NEO_WRX NEO_WRX

i'm not trying to a jerk or anything, but you accelerating to 80 doesn't seem to far off. I've heard friends say they can easily reach 120 on their bike without really "feeling" like they are going that fast.

If you were able to easily accelerate passed traffic in the "left lane" which is usually a consistent a 65-70 it's not too impossible.
Old 09-05-2006, 01:21 PM
hatrs make me famous

80 mph on an f3 isn't hard to do, even in the lower gears. not saying you were doing 80, but it's quite possible. lord knows i've looked down at the speedo only to realize i was waaaay over the speed limit more times than i can count.

it happens.
Old 09-05-2006, 08:14 PM
CLUTCH IT UP

Armenian has disabled reputation

Originally Posted by skr00zloose
and yeah, slipow is a kick ass lawyer, i oughta know.
ehhh--i disagree--i did jail time for shit i thought Slippo would have been able to get dropped completely--

Mark Delduca is real good--won't rape you on cost.

Quick Reply: Reckless Ticket