Notices
Cycle Corner Running with two less wheels than everyone else? This forum is for you.

Reckless Ticket

Old 09-09-2006, 08:13 AM
hmmmm

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
20vTT has disabled reputation
Default Re: Reckless Ticket

Originally Posted by duder
Some cops have moving radar installed. They can see your speed way before you even pass them. My friend's dad was a trooper and he got people all the time on that. Also Newport News motorcycle cops have moving radar in I believe 6 different directions that all run simultaneously. When I got my ticket, the cop was going the other way before he turned around to pull me over.
and again, im trying to bust these radar myths...
every radar unit in every police vehicle has two modes, stationary and moving... you switch the unit over to stationary when your sitting in your favorite fishing hole... and switch it to moving when your just doing your thing around highways... as for your new port news comment... they have one radar unit, and two different antennas... one monted to the front of the bike, and one on the rear... the actual unit can be switched to either read vehicles coming to the front antenna or it can be switch to the rear antenna to snag violators from behind...
all VSP vehicles are outfitted with a front and rear mounted antenna.
Old 09-09-2006, 10:01 AM
hatrs make me famous

skr00zloose has disabled reputation

yeah, i used to say that if you kept something bigger than you and moving between you and the radar, they couldn't really get a lock on you, but with all the new stuff, laser, etc, that's not really the case any more.
Old 09-09-2006, 10:39 AM
CLUTCH IT UP

Armenian has disabled reputation

Originally Posted by 20vTT
and again, im trying to bust these radar myths...
every radar unit in every police vehicle has two modes, stationary and moving... you switch the unit over to stationary when your sitting in your favorite fishing hole... and switch it to moving when your just doing your thing around highways... as for your new port news comment... they have one radar unit, and two different antennas... one monted to the front of the bike, and one on the rear... the actual unit can be switched to either read vehicles coming to the front antenna or it can be switch to the rear antenna to snag violators from behind...
all VSP vehicles are outfitted with a front and rear mounted antenna.
ur a cop
Old 09-09-2006, 12:51 PM
hmmmm

20vTT has disabled reputation

Originally Posted by Armenian
ur a cop
shhhhhhhhh!
Old 09-09-2006, 02:17 PM
hatrs make me famous

lol...

i'm keeping my mouth shut from now on.... heheheh

the man's watchin...
Old 09-09-2006, 02:27 PM
wub wub wub wub

VanillaThrilla VanillaThrilla VanillaThrilla VanillaThrilla VanillaThrilla VanillaThrilla VanillaThrilla VanillaThrilla VanillaThrilla VanillaThrilla VanillaThrilla

he's a cool cop though guys.. lol

shhhhhh......

i'm tired of hearing everyone talk about how all the cops are out to get them. there ARE a few bad apples, but they're not all bad. the last two times I've been out riding, I've actually passed two state troopers on their bikes and they both (assuming these were different troopers in the two different incidents) waved at me both times when they were going the other direction. I lit up like a christmas tree when I exchanged waves with a trooper as we passed eachother. I thought that was really cool.

also, there are a few local officers that ride and will often times stop by the cycle shack we hang out at on the weekends late at night.. they'll hang out, check out the bikes, BS with everyone, etc. they're cool guys! they're not all bad.
Old 09-09-2006, 04:37 PM
hatrs make me famous

i was only kidding, i have plenty of family in the local pd. hell, i got a phone call as i walked out of the bar last night from a cop, telling me to wave at the camera he was watching me from....lol

s'ok though, it was my dad, and at least i didn't STUMBLE out of the bar....
Old 09-09-2006, 05:09 PM
CLUTCH IT UP

Armenian has disabled reputation

i know some cool cops
Old 09-09-2006, 05:14 PM
Registered Member

In the Works has disabled reputation

Originally Posted by soniccbr
fuckin squids.
Thats a real fuckin dickheaded statement.

Originally Posted by css1129
va is a bunch of jerkoffs when they have the chance to make money. This automatic reckless 20 over or over 80 is bullshit. I cant wait to get the fuck out of here. Hillbilly ass "commonwealth".

the 20 over being automatic wreckless is a law in quite a few states. Not defending the "communistwealth" at all but its true.
Old 09-09-2006, 06:08 PM
wub wub wub wub

VanillaThrilla VanillaThrilla VanillaThrilla VanillaThrilla VanillaThrilla VanillaThrilla VanillaThrilla VanillaThrilla VanillaThrilla VanillaThrilla VanillaThrilla

Originally Posted by skr00zloose
i was only kidding, i have plenty of family in the local pd. hell, i got a phone call as i walked out of the bar last night from a cop, telling me to wave at the camera he was watching me from....lol

s'ok though, it was my dad, and at least i didn't STUMBLE out of the bar....
that wasn't directed at you.. it was just a general statement.

I used to have that attitude where all the cops were out to get me and they just wanted to fuck with me blah blah blah, but in reality most of the time I deserve the unwanted attention. I've straightened up a lot over the years in comparison to the way I used to be, and have noticed that I get less of that unwanted attention due to that.... but unfortunately I do still get followed for no reason sometimes.

Quick Reply: Reckless Ticket