Notices
Cycle Corner Running with two less wheels than everyone else? This forum is for you.

Riding school?

Old 03-14-2007, 11:13 AM
wanna play?

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
rredontheheadd has a reputation beyond reputerredontheheadd has a reputation beyond reputerredontheheadd has a reputation beyond reputerredontheheadd has a reputation beyond reputerredontheheadd has a reputation beyond reputerredontheheadd has a reputation beyond reputerredontheheadd has a reputation beyond reputerredontheheadd has a reputation beyond reputerredontheheadd has a reputation beyond reputerredontheheadd has a reputation beyond reputerredontheheadd has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Riding school?

Good info. Ive been wanting to take the class as well. Ill have to look into it. A co-worker told me that a Honda Rebel is a good bike to learn on...any feedback???
Old 03-14-2007, 11:39 AM
$Level$

Rich Rich Rich Rich Rich Rich Rich Rich Rich Rich Rich

Originally Posted by rredontheheadd
Good info. Ive been wanting to take the class as well. Ill have to look into it. A co-worker told me that a Honda Rebel is a good bike to learn on...any feedback???
Buy my Ducati Monster. Excellent bike to learn on.........I taught my ex-girlfriend how to ride on it.

Or buy my 600RR:

Old 03-15-2007, 04:29 AM
wanna play?

rredontheheadd has a reputation beyond reputerredontheheadd has a reputation beyond reputerredontheheadd has a reputation beyond reputerredontheheadd has a reputation beyond reputerredontheheadd has a reputation beyond reputerredontheheadd has a reputation beyond reputerredontheheadd has a reputation beyond reputerredontheheadd has a reputation beyond reputerredontheheadd has a reputation beyond reputerredontheheadd has a reputation beyond reputerredontheheadd has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by DoingOK
Buy my Ducati Monster. Excellent bike to learn on.........I taught my ex-girlfriend how to ride on it.

Or buy my 600RR:

how much??? hahaha...
Old 03-15-2007, 01:25 PM
where are my balls!?

Ruger Dooger Ruger Dooger Ruger Dooger Ruger Dooger Ruger Dooger Ruger Dooger Ruger Dooger Ruger Dooger Ruger Dooger Ruger Dooger Ruger Dooger

Originally Posted by rredontheheadd

haha thats what i had to use in the class.... We all met up for the riding session in a big open school parking lot on a saturday morning and he had a large shipping container and pulled out like 15 beaten up bikes...and the one i got ended up WAY to small for me...but it was a well informative class..

Def a good bike to learn how to ride...
Old 03-16-2007, 04:56 AM
wanna play?

Originally Posted by 20sNaRanger
haha thats what i had to use in the class.... We all met up for the riding session in a big open school parking lot on a saturday morning and he had a large shipping container and pulled out like 15 beaten up bikes...and the one i got ended up WAY to small for me...but it was a well informative class..

Def a good bike to learn how to ride...
sweetness....Ill have to look for one. Maybe a trip to CCC.
Old 03-16-2007, 05:30 AM
hatrs make me famous

skr00zloose has disabled reputation

just a side note, but those lil rebels may be ok to learn to ride around town on, but i wouldn't feel comfortable putting one on the interstate for very long. just my opinion here, but thier small size and severe lack of power makes for a hairy ride at higher speeds when you have to negotiate traffic. for that kind of thing something at least 400cc would be better suited. still very small, light, and nimble like the rebel 250's, but with a touch more motor to help. not that the 250's are bad, just saying, they're pretty much maxed out at interstate speeds.
Old 03-16-2007, 05:34 AM
wanna play?

Originally Posted by skr00zloose
just a side note, but those lil rebels may be ok to learn to ride around town on, but i wouldn't feel comfortable putting one on the interstate for very long. just my opinion here, but thier small size and severe lack of power makes for a hairy ride at higher speeds when you have to negotiate traffic. for that kind of thing something at least 400cc would be better suited. still very small, light, and nimble like the rebel 250's, but with a touch more motor to help. not that the 250's are bad, just saying, they're pretty much maxed out at interstate speeds.
Im just wanting to learn...I have never been riding before...so I probably wouldnt even have the heart to attempt the interstate...hopefully by the time I feel comfortable doing that I will have all the knowledge I need and will have a newer one to ride. Ill take that advice though, and look into it. I dont really know anything about bikes.
Old 03-16-2007, 06:29 AM
hatrs make me famous

skr00zloose has disabled reputation

understandable. i wasn't trying to scare you away from a rebel or anything, just voicing my opinion. take your time, do whatever makes you comfortable, and always pay attention to what's going on around you and i'm sure you'll be fine.
Old 03-16-2007, 09:25 AM
d00d

duder is an unknown quantity at this point

The ninja ex500 is a very good learning bike. It has enough power to grow into for a while and is very easy to control. Also, they're relatively inexpensive to buy and even cheaper with insurance companies.
Old 03-16-2007, 09:39 AM
wanna play?

Originally Posted by duder
The ninja ex500 is a very good learning bike. It has enough power to grow into for a while and is very easy to control. Also, they're relatively inexpensive to buy and even cheaper with insurance companies.
hmmm...Ill have to check that one out.

Quick Reply: Riding school?