Notices
Cycle Corner Running with two less wheels than everyone else? This forum is for you.

So I McF***ed up...

Old 05-16-2010, 07:42 PM
I like grape drank

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Halfrican Halfrican Halfrican Halfrican Halfrican Halfrican Halfrican Halfrican Halfrican Halfrican Halfrican
Default So I McF***ed up...

Changing my oil for the first time on the ninja 250 yesterday I somehow managed to turn the oil filter bolt the wrong way...like a dumbass! Anyway, the oil filter metal cover broke inwards, and basically into four equal little pie pieces. Are there local shops that carry parts for kawasaki's that you guys know of? the fastest I can have the stuff shipped to me from the internet is apparently 2 weeks from now from the sites I got onto.

I then some how managed to strip the 12X22X2 washer on the drain plug because the stupid torque wrench was clicking... I swear I put it on 14.5 foot pounds, as per the manual...

So what did I do wrong with the drain plug? And what shops do you think carries parts in-stock in the central area? I'm in chesterfield...
Old 05-17-2010, 09:41 AM
goggles do nothing

goosane has much to be proud ofgoosane has much to be proud ofgoosane has much to be proud ofgoosane has much to be proud ofgoosane has much to be proud ofgoosane has much to be proud ofgoosane has much to be proud ofgoosane has much to be proud ofgoosane has much to be proud ofgoosane has much to be proud ofgoosane has much to be proud of
Default Re: So I McF***ed up...

righty tighty lefty loosey homey
Old 05-17-2010, 09:50 AM
LaShawn

djgrom djgrom djgrom djgrom djgrom djgrom djgrom djgrom djgrom djgrom djgrom

I think you can buy any old retap kit? Not sure exactly but as far as that bolt is concerned put it in hand tight and then give it another 1/4 to 1/2 turn and that is all you need to do. Worked on my bike and all of my families cars for a my families cars for 30 years not all inclusive of course.
Old 05-17-2010, 10:51 AM
I like grape drank

Halfrican Halfrican Halfrican Halfrican Halfrican Halfrican Halfrican Halfrican Halfrican Halfrican Halfrican

Lol yah that's the thing, when I was laying down I thought that same deal, pushing the bar away from me meant lefty eh? Apparently not cuz that SOB went straight back up.

I called UltimateCycle? or some crap today and past from the mumbles about asking if I bought the bike from them (like he wasn't gonna help me as much if I hadn't bought the bike from them) they didn't have it so looks like I'll have to order that sucker.

Still not sure if it's ever going to go back in, I'll probably take some pics later today and post them up.
Old 05-20-2010, 07:24 PM
Registered Member

JPrice! JPrice! JPrice! JPrice! JPrice! JPrice! JPrice! JPrice! JPrice! JPrice! JPrice!

just trailer it to ultimate so you dont f it up more haha
Old 05-21-2010, 09:36 AM
holla

j4k3 j4k3 j4k3 j4k3 j4k3 j4k3 j4k3 j4k3 j4k3 j4k3 j4k3

I'm having such a hard time picturing what or how you messed this up.
Old 05-24-2010, 08:35 PM
I like grape drank

Its all good now. I had a buddy come over and check. Asshole that did the oil last put loctite on the bolts, for whatever dumb ass reason. Parts get here in the morning so hopefully I can just have her put together...bt dubs....ultimate cycle never got back to me, 7 emails, 3 voicemails, 5 calls, and a visit got me a month long waiting list.
Old 06-09-2010, 09:05 AM
I like grape drank

Update: New oil filter, oil filter cover, and orings installed

Oil pan threads for drain plug are stripped to hell. Anyone know where I can find one for parts?

Put on Pirelli Sport Demons and are a blast to ride, best tires I've ever rode on. SMALL oil leak from drain plug (put on loctite and put her back in until replacement)
Old 06-09-2010, 09:45 AM
<========8 ROBBCOCKS

Tainty_McFshStx Tainty_McFshStx Tainty_McFshStx Tainty_McFshStx Tainty_McFshStx Tainty_McFshStx Tainty_McFshStx Tainty_McFshStx Tainty_McFshStx Tainty_McFshStx Tainty_McFshStx

Sorry I missed this.. but if Ultimate doesn't have it, try commonwealth powersports (use to be burchams) on temple ave in prince george.
Old 06-09-2010, 10:25 AM
I like grape drank

Thing is I'm more looking for a M12X1.5 mm oversized piggy back drain plug bolt (apparently aren't made in that size), or I'm just going to have a local shop retap/thread it for a new drain bolt. But it would be cheaper to just find a 250 part out and get the oil pan? right?