Notices
Cycle Corner Running with two less wheels than everyone else? This forum is for you.

So, im kinda building a bobber.. HELP ME!...

Old 02-05-2010, 09:01 AM
SV haver

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
chappe chappe chappe chappe chappe chappe chappe chappe chappe chappe chappe
Default Re: So, im kinda building a bobber.. HELP ME!...

Hey, skrooz! Do you know by any chance if they sell smaller sprockets for these belt driven bikes?,... I need longer gears to make the bike more Miami highway friendly.. The average driver here drive 70-75mph+ on the highway..
Old 02-05-2010, 09:05 AM
hatrs make me famous

skr00zloose has disabled reputation

Originally Posted by chappe
Hey, skrooz! Do you know by any chance if they sell smaller sprockets for these belt driven bikes?,... I need longer gears to make the bike more Miami highway friendly.. The average driver here drive 70-75mph+ on the highway..
I highly doubt it. Prolly much easier to just convert it to chain, and get whatever sprockets you need. I did that with an old KZ400 back in the day when I cafe'd it. what exact year/make/model is that thing, I can probably cross reference what sprockets will fit.

take a dead-on side shot picture of your bike as it sits right now, I wanna show you something you could do pretty easily that would make it look pretty bad-ass, seeing as it already has a sort of "drop seat" style frame.

Last edited by skr00zloose; 02-05-2010 at 09:08 AM.
Old 02-05-2010, 09:54 AM
SV haver

The bike is a 1989 en450 aka 454 LTD

this is as dead on as i have right now.. im gonna take one right now, but its all tilted back and doesnt have forsks right now since its been raining all day on and off.

Old 02-05-2010, 09:57 AM
SV haver

here..
Old 02-05-2010, 10:42 AM
hatrs make me famous

if you cut off the fender rails, and solid-mount the fender to the swingarm (so that it moves with the wheel/arm) you can get a fender REAL close to the tire. I was thinkin a shorty fender, nothing fancy, and a solid mounted seat pan. No need for springs, since you have suspension in the rear still. Here's a crappy photo-chop. (took a few inches out of the forks in the pic too)

if you really wanted to clean it up, you could ditch the airbox and battery box, build something to hold the battery, and run pod filters (with a re-jet, of course) and clean up/hide all that ugly wiring and whatnot.

Last edited by skr00zloose; 02-05-2010 at 10:45 AM.
Old 02-05-2010, 11:09 AM
SV haver

Originally Posted by skr00zloose
if you cut off the fender rails, and solid-mount the fender to the swingarm (so that it moves with the wheel/arm) you can get a fender REAL close to the tire. I was thinkin a shorty fender, nothing fancy, and a solid mounted seat pan. No need for springs, since you have suspension in the rear still. Here's a crappy photo-chop. (took a few inches out of the forks in the pic too)

if you really wanted to clean it up, you could ditch the airbox and battery box, build something to hold the battery, and run pod filters (with a re-jet, of course) and clean up/hide all that ugly wiring and whatnot.

I really like that idea... Its a tidy bit different from what i had in mind but i really like it...

What i was thinking was to have either no rear fender or something really really short. . . And mounting the seat (with no springs of course) a little more towards rear than the stock one so i could gain a few inches on my legs... Then if i did that i think i'd have a gap in that area. . . So idk

Also, i'd love to part with that airbox and all that junk... But like you said, i'd have to re-jet... And before i do that i need to do my CARB 101 homework.. But it's def on the plans, just not right now, maybe next month.. That as well as some thinner, longer pipes.
Old 02-05-2010, 11:29 AM
hatrs make me famous

baby stepsl. If you're concerned with comfort, you're building the wrong kinda bike

Btw, found out that apparently sprockets for an EX500 will fit, if you still want to convert to chain drive.
Old 02-05-2010, 11:34 AM
NAZI mod

BAN HAMMER BAN HAMMER BAN HAMMER BAN HAMMER BAN HAMMER BAN HAMMER BAN HAMMER BAN HAMMER BAN HAMMER BAN HAMMER BAN HAMMER

GET RID OF DEM REAR SHOCKS!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Old 02-05-2010, 11:42 AM
Zerofucksgiven

Cyanide Jello Cyanide Jello Cyanide Jello Cyanide Jello Cyanide Jello Cyanide Jello Cyanide Jello Cyanide Jello Cyanide Jello Cyanide Jello Cyanide Jello

Originally Posted by skr00zloose
baby stepsl. If you're concerned with comfort, you're building the wrong kinda bike .
Originally Posted by Donkey Punch
GET RID OF DEM REAR SHOCKS!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Old 02-05-2010, 03:29 PM
SV haver

lol.. im not concerned with comfort at all.. i just want to have forward pegs... How what's easier than just moving the seat back?.. nothing... i rest my case...

With that said... Thanks so much srk00z for all the help..

how would i go about doing the sprocket conversion?.. just get the stuff and simply remove and replace?

Quick Reply: So, im kinda building a bobber.. HELP ME!...