Notices
Cycle Corner Running with two less wheels than everyone else? This forum is for you.

Thinking of selling my 1000

Old 06-24-2006, 06:03 AM
Registered Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Del La Sol 1320 has disabled reputation
Default Re: Thinking of selling my 1000

thanks corey thats awesome i'll call you this weekend

SR PWRD- for the moment I'm just a bit less than dealer cost on the items i have left just as an easy way to price everything, anything i don't sell i'll probably put on ebay in a few weeks and get more or less for some

clear alternatives clear rear turn signals- $20
arata carbon fiber slip on- $550
hotbodies black undertail- $100
Old 06-24-2006, 06:12 AM
Yup, jolly poopbuggy

Corey Corey Corey Corey Corey Corey Corey Corey Corey Corey Corey

Cool deal. They are only open until 4pm today, so if you want to talk to them today, get at me before then.
Old 06-24-2006, 09:03 AM
In need of traction

SR PWRD has disabled reputation

Wow, lol. Ok then thought you might be selling them at used price. Thanks though. GL with the sale on the bike...awesome price.
Old 06-24-2006, 09:44 AM
Registered Member

that is used price, actually alot better than most used prices i would guess, signals usually $40, $20 shipped... undertail usuall $190, $100 shipped, exhaust usually $750, $550 shipped, i'd probably do that for less... its not like its a engine or tires, who cares if a pair of turn signals are used, its the same thing as new they aren't damaged... if no one on a forum wants them i'll just put them on ebay, probably get less for some stuff and more for some other stuff, but figured i'd give first shot to some of the forums i frequent and just figured doing it by dealer cost would be an easy way to come up with prices
Old 06-24-2006, 02:33 PM
In need of traction

damn didn't realize the arata was that much. I mean geez, you can get a japan yosh shorty for cheaper than that. Or the new micron gp. That's crazy. How much for the windshield?
Old 06-24-2006, 04:12 PM
hatrs make me famous

skr00zloose has disabled reputation

arata is NIIIIICE stuff though. supposed to be the most power producing pipe out there. ofcourse, ti force makes the same claim, and they're about the same price.
Old 06-24-2006, 07:06 PM
In need of traction

Originally Posted by skr00zloose
arata is NIIIIICE stuff though. supposed to be the most power producing pipe out there. ofcourse, ti force makes the same claim, and they're about the same price.
Lets be honest though, unless you're in the market for a full system, you're not really worried about your power gains. Most of the slip-on's claim most hp but they're really all about the same aren't they?
Old 06-24-2006, 07:16 PM
hatrs make me famous

skr00zloose has disabled reputation

hmmm... that's kinda hard to say. most full systems can't even improve much on factory header design, and with alot of bikes coming from the factory with ti headers, it's not like your losing any weight by going to a full system.

say, for instance, you throw a ti force full system on a gixxer1k. you'll catually LOSE power on a stock motor. it just doesn't need to breathe that much, and you'll lose alot of lower rpm grunt. now, put that same exhaust on a high compression motor with nice clean ports and a good valve job, then you'll get a sweet gain, since the motor can actually use the exra flow from the exhaust to it's advantage.

most people never go beyond a power commander (or jet kit) and a high flow air filter as far as motor mods go, so a slip on is more than you'd ever need. some slip ons just work better than others. exhaust systems are a friggin mathematical nightmare. there's just sooo many factors into the equation. small differences in design can make a pipe perform better at different rpm levels and whatnot than others. so no, they're not all the same, but they are pretty friggin close.
Old 06-25-2006, 08:07 AM
In need of traction

Yeah i meant same as in actual hp not same as in design. But definitely agree with you. I don't really understand why they have stainless steel full systems for the gixxer1k when the stock piping is titanium either? But yeah to me slip on is jus preference of sound. Like you said, hp wise they're all really close.
Old 06-26-2006, 06:05 AM
Registered Member

Originally Posted by SR PWRD
How much for the windshield?
3x18b got it

yea arata went way up, when i bought my full system for my 03 it cost me $950 retail price, now they are almost $1,700!!! just because of the price of titanium i'm told

but yea it was an amazing quality system and on the dyno made ridiculous power, i mean Lee Shierts was impressed with how much power my 03 made with just a pipe and nothing else, and he's a huge ti force dealer... but this time figured why get a full system when the stock is titanium and just seems to do so good

Quick Reply: Thinking of selling my 1000