Notices
Cycle Corner Running with two less wheels than everyone else? This forum is for you.

where to / how to get fitted for gear?

Old 12-21-2007, 08:17 PM
ladies love my foam.

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
iFoam iFoam iFoam iFoam iFoam iFoam iFoam iFoam iFoam iFoam iFoam
Default Re: where to / how to get fitted for gear?

awsome. thanks caitlin!

i appreciate all the info!

i'll be pming you soon
Old 12-21-2007, 08:46 PM
TPJ
sumospeedDOTcom

TPJ is a jewel in the roughTPJ is a jewel in the roughTPJ is a jewel in the roughTPJ is a jewel in the roughTPJ is a jewel in the rough

Caleb, whenever you are ready to go start looking, LMK. I'll come with you to try stuff on and see what fits best for you.
Old 12-21-2007, 10:53 PM
ladies love my foam.

Originally Posted by Gazoo
Caleb, whenever you are ready to go start looking, LMK. I'll come with you to try stuff on and see what fits best for you.
awsome! thanks josh! i appreciate the bike advice
Old 12-22-2007, 09:03 AM
Registered Member

xshanex has disabled reputation

can't say enough good things about newenough.com I buy almost exclusively from them. Their closeout section always has some decent stuff. With you being a little shorter you should have much better luck with finding great closeout stuff. They also have a super easy return/exchange policy if what you bought doesn't fit. The also have a review section where they tell you if the gear runs big or small and who it is best suited for

Figure on a mesh jacket with solid textile/leather overlays on the elbow/shoulder or a perforated leather jacket for the summer and a leather jacket for most riding the rest of the year and then a textile jacket if you're riding every day because it rains a lot here....you could probably get by with a rain suit though. This is not a 1 jacket area

buy real boots. what passes for riding boots is often kind of sad and many aren't even really a step up from riding in work/combat boots. Look for some real ankle protection

trying stuff on from the local dealers is kind of a mixed bag because the selection around here sucks ass. Its all basically the same stuff and noone actually carries much outside of the joe rocket and icon gear which can be hit or miss
Old 12-22-2007, 10:39 AM
单身的 and loving it :)

Kells<3's Bikes is on a distinguished road

Originally Posted by projekt

what are the best local shops around here?
Ours DUH!!!! lol PLease come by before you buy something online. We can match if not beat a lot of prices. We have great helmets and gear at great prices and can get just about anything ordered. We have Cats you can look through too. Come buy and support your local shop. Be careful to deal with legit business! We warranty our items!
Old 12-22-2007, 11:43 AM
Ich liebe Bier

BuiltforSin BuiltforSin BuiltforSin BuiltforSin BuiltforSin BuiltforSin BuiltforSin BuiltforSin BuiltforSin BuiltforSin BuiltforSin

some shops may have a suit there you can try on. I recommend you do that or get one of the employees to take the necessary measurements to ensure they get it right the first time.
Old 12-22-2007, 10:06 PM
ladies love my foam.

Originally Posted by xshanex
can't say enough good things about newenough.com I buy almost exclusively from them. Their closeout section always has some decent stuff. With you being a little shorter you should have much better luck with finding great closeout stuff. They also have a super easy return/exchange policy if what you bought doesn't fit. The also have a review section where they tell you if the gear runs big or small and who it is best suited for

Figure on a mesh jacket with solid textile/leather overlays on the elbow/shoulder or a perforated leather jacket for the summer and a leather jacket for most riding the rest of the year and then a textile jacket if you're riding every day because it rains a lot here....you could probably get by with a rain suit though. This is not a 1 jacket area

buy real boots. what passes for riding boots is often kind of sad and many aren't even really a step up from riding in work/combat boots. Look for some real ankle protection

trying stuff on from the local dealers is kind of a mixed bag because the selection around here sucks ass. Its all basically the same stuff and noone actually carries much outside of the joe rocket and icon gear which can be hit or miss
awsome thanks! i'll be sure to buy the appropriate jackets

Originally Posted by EMC Queen
Ours DUH!!!! lol PLease come by before you buy something online. We can match if not beat a lot of prices. We have great helmets and gear at great prices and can get just about anything ordered. We have Cats you can look through too. Come buy and support your local shop. Be careful to deal with legit business! We warranty our items!

haha i'll def be in there to support local business.

Originally Posted by mugenej8power
some shops may have a suit there you can try on. I recommend you do that or get one of the employees to take the necessary measurements to ensure they get it right the first time.
sounds like a plan
Old 12-23-2007, 04:55 PM
Yup, jolly poopbuggy

Corey Corey Corey Corey Corey Corey Corey Corey Corey Corey Corey

Here is an image of a friend that went down wearing an Alpinestars mesh jack (Air-flow was the model, IIRC). It was fitted properly, but obviously didn't do shit for him. This was after a couple weeks worth of healing. They had already pulled the rocks out of the wound:

I can't stress enough, please stay away from mesh. It's better than skin on asphalt, but not much better.
Old 12-23-2007, 05:02 PM
Ich liebe Bier

BuiltforSin BuiltforSin BuiltforSin BuiltforSin BuiltforSin BuiltforSin BuiltforSin BuiltforSin BuiltforSin BuiltforSin BuiltforSin

Hint the reason why people say to get LEATHERS
Old 12-23-2007, 05:10 PM
ladies love my foam.

Originally Posted by mugenej8power
Hint the reason why people say to get LEATHERS

so no mesh.

leathers are a go.

what about textile?

Quick Reply: where to / how to get fitted for gear?