Notices
Cycle Corner Running with two less wheels than everyone else? This forum is for you.

Winter is here, time for mods (^o^)

Old 11-19-2006, 08:27 AM
Registered Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
xp1ik05 is infamous around these partsxp1ik05 is infamous around these partsxp1ik05 is infamous around these partsxp1ik05 is infamous around these partsxp1ik05 is infamous around these partsxp1ik05 is infamous around these partsxp1ik05 is infamous around these partsxp1ik05 is infamous around these partsxp1ik05 is infamous around these partsxp1ik05 is infamous around these partsxp1ik05 is infamous around these parts
Default Re: Winter is here, time for mods (^o^)

Originally Posted by Corey
I paid $145 shipped for the levers.
from where??? or was it a on the side deal??
Old 11-19-2006, 08:39 AM
Registered member

Grease Monkey Grease Monkey Grease Monkey Grease Monkey Grease Monkey Grease Monkey Grease Monkey Grease Monkey Grease Monkey Grease Monkey Grease Monkey

I had the CRG levers and I loved them
Old 11-19-2006, 10:02 AM
Registered Member

xshanex has disabled reputation

Originally Posted by Armenian
My plans are to ride this winter

we should have a polar bear ride this winter. It doesn't get that cold here so I don't understand why people puss out and put their bike up for 4 months. I don't ride a ton but Jan and Feb are the only bad months around here.
Old 11-19-2006, 11:50 AM
aka GSXR

Stea1thy Stea1thy Stea1thy Stea1thy Stea1thy Stea1thy Stea1thy Stea1thy Stea1thy Stea1thy Stea1thy

Originally Posted by Armenian
My plans are to ride this winter
meeeeeee too, at least when its not snowing
Old 11-19-2006, 11:55 AM

zx636skiv is on a distinguished road

Originally Posted by xshanex
we should have a polar bear ride this winter. It doesn't get that cold here so I don't understand why people puss out and put their bike up for 4 months. I don't ride a ton but Jan and Feb are the only bad months around here.

Yeah, put about 150 miles on her today, nice twisties, and I even got to ride a Harley Road King...well, I rode it out of the ditch for the guy anyway!! He was ok, and the bike wasn't too bad, bet he's glad he put it in a nice soft, moist ditch instead of the hard road!

I might go ahead and paint my frame black this winter, and repaint my can...hmmm, that's about all I can afford! I can't afford to have it apart too long because if I get a chance to ride, I am gone!
Old 11-19-2006, 04:51 PM
Registered Member

3xb18 has a reputation beyond repute3xb18 has a reputation beyond repute3xb18 has a reputation beyond repute3xb18 has a reputation beyond repute3xb18 has a reputation beyond repute3xb18 has a reputation beyond repute3xb18 has a reputation beyond repute3xb18 has a reputation beyond repute

motomummy.com is where corey prob got his ..Moto mummy is a site sponsor for Gixxer . com good guy to deal with I have pazzo levers I love them I have the full length ones they are still shorter than stock but not too short. I probably wont do much over the winter but maybe an exhaust. Kinda un decide on what to get. Either jardine or akro and get my bike dyno tuned. I already have the BMC race filter -1 sprocket all smoked lens powers cage vortex fuel cap and a few other cosmotic things .But who know sometimes I get on ebay and get all crazy..
Old 11-19-2006, 05:33 PM
Patron

Jesus Jesus Jesus Jesus Jesus Jesus Jesus Jesus Jesus Jesus Jesus

Originally Posted by Mr.6
Well, now that winter is upon us, its time for me to start working on upgrades for the return of spring. Now, I want more power.......more more more........top end, and bottom end.

Since I got GTYR slips, i know I need a y-pipe to get rid of the cat and open her throat up a bit, so i ordered a Termignoni Y-pipe. I know I need a 520 conversion too, but i'm not sure what teeth setup i need. The usual setup gets you more torque/acceleration, but sacrifices that top end (-1 front, +2 back), what should i go with to get the best of both worlds?

Velocity stacks, do you know if they really add a good amount of power? I have a GTYR air filter that i havent put in yet, cuz i was gonna see how things went with the velocity stacks installed at the same time.

PC3 is a must these days, so I'm looking at adding this in as well. Is there anything else I can do that is relatively cheap that will make a heap of difference. Steel braided brake lines is another things i'm thinking of doing. My main focus is on performance. I'm looking at getting some new tires, the new pilot powers with the two different compounds. I'm gonna continue to run stock headers because from what i hear the stock ones have become so good that you rarely notice a HUGE difference.

So.....hook me up with some more advice and feel free to post what ur plans are with your bike over the winter time ^_^

Bike is '04 R1

come see me at work yo. I will help you out.....
Old 11-19-2006, 07:07 PM
Yup, jolly poopbuggy

Corey Corey Corey Corey Corey Corey Corey Corey Corey Corey Corey

Originally Posted by xp1ik05
from where??? or was it a on the side deal??
I got them from Corey @ www.motomummy.com (Yeah, we have the same name). He has a special for $5 off til the end of the year and there was some other code for $10 more off.
Old 11-20-2006, 05:29 AM
misunderestimated

Yamamaha has disabled reputation

I was out riding until 5am saturday morning! Fun stuff....
Old 11-22-2006, 06:00 AM
Yup, jolly poopbuggy

Corey Corey Corey Corey Corey Corey Corey Corey Corey Corey Corey

Got the levers on Tuesday and installed them in about 5 minutes. Easy job and they are great.

Quick Reply: Winter is here, time for mods (^o^)