Notices
Cycle Corner Running with two less wheels than everyone else? This forum is for you.

Would anyone?

Old 09-30-2006, 06:31 PM
Between Bikes

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
pasty pasty pasty pasty pasty pasty pasty pasty pasty pasty pasty
Default Would anyone?

Would anyone be willing to teach me to ride? I want to be able to at least ride before I take the MSF course and get my own bike. I'm not asking to ride a person's new bike or anything, they could have an extra that is the most haggard piece of shit ever and I wouldn't mind learning on it.
Old 09-30-2006, 06:54 PM
beautiful struggle

Quentin has disabled reputation
Default Re: Would anyone?

I worked at a MSF course this summer, plenty of people come and do fine w/no experince on a motorcycle before. They teach you all the proper steps.
Old 09-30-2006, 09:34 PM
Registered member

Real Random Real Random Real Random Real Random Real Random Real Random Real Random Real Random Real Random Real Random Real Random

I have never riden or touched a bike before i tokk MSF and by the end of the class i came out the best rider in the group. Sign up for the class and learn from pros!
Old 09-30-2006, 09:37 PM
Between Bikes

Already signed up, I'm just a little nervous I guess you could say. I've never ridden anything but a dirt bike and that was once. I did horrible because I didn't know how a manual transmission worked and no one showed me how. Just a little scared from past experiences.
Old 10-01-2006, 12:37 AM
CLUTCH IT UP

Armenian has disabled reputation

Just get on it and do it. I learned how to ride when the dealer gave me the key to my first street bike 7 years ago and i left the dealership.
Old 10-01-2006, 05:07 AM

zx636skiv is on a distinguished road

Originally Posted by Armenian
Just get on it and do it. I learned how to ride when the dealer gave me the key to my first street bike 7 years ago and i left the dealership.

That wasn't the R1 was it???

Pasty...I am guessing you don't have a bike yet to learn on? Very few people will let you jump on their bikes without you already knowing what to do. Hell, I am cautious who rides my '00 and it has a crash cage on it, so there is very little damage they could do to themselves. And I can count the people who have ridden my '03 on one hand and have fingers left over.

My suggestion, be patient and use the course. They have people with 0 experience all the time, and you will be on a little 250cc bike anyway, hard to get in too much trouble!! Good luck mang.
Old 10-01-2006, 06:36 AM
Between Bikes

Originally Posted by zx636skiv
That wasn't the R1 was it???

Pasty...I am guessing you don't have a bike yet to learn on? Very few people will let you jump on their bikes without you already knowing what to do. Hell, I am cautious who rides my '00 and it has a crash cage on it, so there is very little damage they could do to themselves. And I can count the people who have ridden my '03 on one hand and have fingers left over.

My suggestion, be patient and use the course. They have people with 0 experience all the time, and you will be on a little 250cc bike anyway, hard to get in too much trouble!! Good luck mang.
Lol, I know that. I wasn't asking to get onto someone's new bike. I know that there are people out there that have a heap of junk sitting in the garage that barely runs, has been laid down a few times, and looks overall hideous. I wouldn't dream of getting on anyone's new bike with the chance of me messing it up.
Old 10-01-2006, 07:33 AM

zx636skiv is on a distinguished road

I hear ya...hopefully someone will let ya!
Old 10-01-2006, 08:40 AM
oNi
Urusai! Baka!

oNi oNi oNi oNi oNi oNi oNi oNi oNi oNi oNi

Man don't worry about past experience, dirt bike is similar but its not a street bike, plus I seen the instructors at the MSF teach ppl that had no manual driving experience or anything and it took awhile but they got it down. Before I took the MSF I had no prior riding experience except for a 10 speed although driving stick helped with the concept of clutching on a bike. Dont worry about practicing before hand, the instructors at MSF's are usually great and teach the newbest of newbs good things! If your taking the class at Bayside Harley I can vouch that they got great instructors but I hear others round here are good too!
Old 10-01-2006, 04:25 PM
hatrs make me famous

skr00zloose has disabled reputation

Originally Posted by Armenian

that explains alot....lol.....j/k

was that the sv?