Notices
Engine / Exhaust / Drivetrain Examples: Pistons, Mufflers, Transmission, etc.

built gsr

Old 10-01-2009 | 05:59 AM
Registered Member

importcraz1 has disabled reputation
Default Re: built gsr

sorry but from description does not sound even close to built motor, basically stock block with some springs and retainers. .50 is standard boring to reservice walls. You should try a little harder for a proper description and advertisement. That's all I'm saying. Glws.

Last edited by importcraz1; 10-01-2009 at 06:02 AM.
Old 10-01-2009 | 08:47 AM

thefastone has disabled reputation

Originally Posted by importcraz1
sorry but from description does not sound even close to built motor, basically stock block with some springs and retainers. .50 is standard boring to reservice walls. You should try a little harder for a proper description and advertisement. That's all I'm saying. Glws.
to my understanding built is when you change internals in a motor. for ex. bore is 81. 50 but last time i checked stander bore was 81. and oem pistons are not J.E forged pistons, a stock motor does not have acl bearing last time i checked. a gsr c/r is not 12-5-1 last time i check. if you would of READ what i had on the page you would have saw it not a stock block or stock head so i guess that means its BUILT

Last edited by thefastone; 10-01-2009 at 08:50 AM.
Old 10-01-2009 | 02:20 PM
Registered Member

pistons acl bearings spring and retainers still does not make it a built motor at best it would maybe semi built but just barely like I said no disrespect and glws but still not built
Old 10-01-2009 | 03:06 PM
Registered member

sleepinEG has disabled reputation

Originally Posted by thefastone
to my understanding built is when you change internals in a motor. for ex. bore is 81. 50 but last time i checked stander bore was 81. and oem pistons are not J.E forged pistons, a stock motor does not have acl bearing last time i checked. a gsr c/r is not 12-5-1 last time i check. if you would of READ what i had on the page you would have saw it not a stock block or stock head so i guess that means its BUILT
exactly man dont listen to idiots who still run a stock single cam lol glws man
Old 10-01-2009 | 04:10 PM
Apletits

Ap1n'it Ap1n'it Ap1n'it Ap1n'it Ap1n'it Ap1n'it Ap1n'it Ap1n'it Ap1n'it Ap1n'it Ap1n'it

yo gettem Quis!!! lol. And by the way its fast as shit! put it in a eg hatch and you'll fly!!
Old 10-01-2009 | 06:28 PM
Registered Member

81.5 is standard size when reconditioning the walls adds nothing to performance and good try with the whole single cammer comment I have a fully built #18c1 turbo built and machined by me. Kids on this site throw terms around so losely and don't quite understand what they mean, its really a shame. Again I was never dissing his engine or anything in that nature just stating tthat the engine is by know means built. Anytime you would like to see a built engine come check out anyone of my cardomain pages look for importcraz. And again glws
Old 10-01-2009 | 07:09 PM

Originally Posted by importcraz1
81.5 is standard size when reconditioning the walls adds nothing to performance and good try with the whole single cammer comment I have a fully built #18c1 turbo built and machined by me. Kids on this site throw terms around so losely and don't quite understand what they mean, its really a shame. Again I was never dissing his engine or anything in that nature just stating tthat the engine is by know means built. Anytime you would like to see a built engine come check out anyone of my cardomain pages look for importcraz. And again glws
ok lets take my motor to a shop and ask them. they will tell you the motor is built and for your info the motor has more in it then i listed on drag. and just bc a block is not sleeved does not mean its not built you do that with turbo cars. i guess you never built a all motor set up before. and for you info you can have a built motor on standered 81 mm bore. and ill keep this motor just in case you dec. you want to Build you a all motor setup we can race and ill show you the shit is built.
Old 10-01-2009 | 07:14 PM

Re: built gsr

Originally Posted by Ap1n'it
yo gettem Quis!!! lol. And by the way its fast as shit! put it in a eg hatch and you'll fly!!
man there are some dump ass people on drag ppl need to stay out of people shit foreal how this dude going to try and tell me pistons acl bearings spring and retainers still does not make it a built motor. let me see i thought when you take out stock internal and replace them with better stuff you were building a motor so i changed pistons, bearings, it also have eagle rods, exc. and the head has skunk2 valve train with type r cams so by no mean the motor is stock witch makes it built

Last edited by thefastone; 10-01-2009 at 07:21 PM.
Old 10-01-2009 | 08:05 PM
Registered Member

man I stopped build all motor hondas back in the mid 90's again I said no disrespect you only stated piston bearings springs and retainers. And no sleeves do not make a built motor also sleeves are not just for forced induction setups. And I don't think you want to put blind statements about running someone yyou don't even know. I've been building hondas and drag cars since the mid 90's. And even with piston rods and springs its still not a built motor. I have not once disrespected you or called you names so don't try and puff your chest.....
Old 10-01-2009 | 08:26 PM
Registered Member

Lets discuss what defines a built motor starting from bottom to top: moroso or ex. oil pan, full length upgraded girdle, blocked oil squirters, knife edged/micropolished/treated/shot peened crank or better, arp main cap bolts, acl main bearings, arp rod bolts, aftermarket forged rods honed and treated, acl rod bearings, aftermarket forged pistons balanced mic'd, proper honed and checked and crosshatched wall/ weither oversized or not, which if the motor has any miles on it would make it go from 81 to 81.5mm. Just proper machine work and tech., on to head: arp head studs, port and polished, oversized valves, valves, guides, retainers, springs, angled valve job wiether 3 or 5., and thats it don't feel like explaining more.

Quick Reply: built gsr