Notices
Events Look here for all and any upcoming events that you can attend.

2011 East Coast Honda Meet (June 4th & 5th)

Old 02-08-2011, 10:11 AM
Registered Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
slotec has disabled reputation
Default Re: 2011 East Coast Honda Meet (June 4th & 5th)

Originally Posted by L_U_C_K
Yeah a ton, It should be first come first serve like last time also.. Sure set out a donation box or something, I'm sure some will pay. Hell I'm not even bringing a car, I just wanted to park along the hill like I always do so I can set up my tent on the grass..
I guess noone understands the cost to put on the event. I wish it was free for me to keep it going but it will be shut down and G Force wont have any part if I dont provide officers, extra trashcans, porta potties, etc. Honestly I dont want to charge anything what so ever but its "THE" only guaranteed way I can make sure I have the money to cover these costs. A donation box is cool but who is going to willingly pay? What maybe 10-15 people paying a $1 or 2? I cant make everyone happy but at the same time Im just trying to keep the event going.
Old 02-08-2011, 10:19 AM
######

L_U_C_K L_U_C_K L_U_C_K L_U_C_K L_U_C_K L_U_C_K L_U_C_K L_U_C_K L_U_C_K L_U_C_K L_U_C_K

Originally Posted by slotec
I guess noone understands the cost to put on the event. I wish it was free for me to keep it going but it will be shut down and G Force wont have any part if I dont provide officers, extra trashcans, porta potties, etc. Honestly I dont want to charge anything what so ever but its "THE" only guaranteed way I can make sure I have the money to cover these costs. A donation box is cool but who is going to willingly pay? What maybe 10-15 people paying a $1 or 2? I cant make everyone happy but at the same time Im just trying to keep the event going.
I understand it takes alot to throw it together, I mean shit I bet G-Force LOVEs it becuase of the people coming in there paying to ride. Yeah A donation box wouldn't do much I understand that..

Basically, how are you going to have it blocked off/reserved? Cause i am usually the first group to get there, and I park alont the Hill everytime, is that going to be reserved, or just the middle section and the wall?

Only reason I want the hill is to set the grill and tent up and try and raise money for a charity.
Old 02-08-2011, 10:31 AM
Registered Member

I understand it takes alot to throw it together, I mean shit I bet G-Force LOVEs it becuase of the people coming in there paying to ride. Yeah A donation box wouldn't do much I understand that..

Basically, how are you going to have it blocked off/reserved? Cause i am usually the first group to get there, and I park alont the Hill everytime, is that going to be reserved, or just the middle section and the wall?

Only reason I want the hill is to set the grill and tent up and try and raise money for a charity.
Thank you for understanding where Im coming from. As of now one entrance will be completely blocked and the other will be a check-in tent/table for the reserved parking. Everyone still needs to remember there is still tons of free parking so dont feel obligated to pay for reserved parking.
Old 02-08-2011, 10:35 AM
FACK YER ESS PEE OHH

all4sr's all4sr's all4sr's all4sr's all4sr's all4sr's all4sr's all4sr's all4sr's all4sr's all4sr's

God, I wish my Print Screen key would work so I could show the back way in...It's ALOT easier than having to deal with the mile long 45 minute ride..lol.

I understand having to pay for the event, but Reserved parking is kind of silly.....IMO of course. IDK how many people you have helping you with this, but maybe if you had a couple shirts made that say "Event Staff" on them, or something along those lines, and sent multipul people around during the day asking for Donations, I'm sure you'd get quite a bit, seeing as how many people show up per year, and how much money people are already spending and don't have a problem with it, I'm sure they wouldn't mind sparing 2/3$ in order to keep the event alive.
Old 02-08-2011, 10:39 AM
Registered Member

Originally Posted by all4sr's
God, I wish my Print Screen key would work so I could show the back way in...It's ALOT easier than having to deal with the mile long 45 minute ride..lol.

I understand having to pay for the event, but Reserved parking is kind of silly.....IMO of course. IDK how many people you have helping you with this, but maybe if you had a couple shirts made that say "Event Staff" on them, or something along those lines, and sent multipul people around during the day asking for Donations, I'm sure you'd get quite a bit, seeing as how many people show up per year, and how much money people are already spending and don't have a problem with it, I'm sure they wouldn't mind sparing 2/3$ in order to keep the event alive.
I have a good amount of people helping. A donation box is cool but thats not guaranteed to cover the cost.
Old 02-08-2011, 10:45 AM
FACK YER ESS PEE OHH

all4sr's all4sr's all4sr's all4sr's all4sr's all4sr's all4sr's all4sr's all4sr's all4sr's all4sr's

I have a good amount of people helping. A donation box is cool but thats not guaranteed to cover the cost.
I'm aware of that, but I mean, you'll have people paying for Reserved parking, people paying for "vendors", well, I hope they're paying for the 10 spots they take, and if say you have 3/4 people walk around all day, and each one has a Donation Box, I could see them gathering quite a bit of money
Old 02-08-2011, 05:18 PM
ERMAHGERD

kerrisaysss kerrisaysss kerrisaysss kerrisaysss kerrisaysss kerrisaysss kerrisaysss kerrisaysss kerrisaysss kerrisaysss kerrisaysss

hahaha calm down. The event is free but who is going to pay for the police officers, trash cans, porta potties, etc? The Reserved parking is paying for that. This is the only way to keep the event going, because Henrico police almost shut it down last year. You cant have an event with thousands of people and not have any police officers present.
way to post exactly what you already stated.

If you don't pay for reserved parking, you will be towed.
I would thoroughly LOVE to see you tow my car or any of the people's that I drive down with.
LOL. That would just be very bad.

Again, what happens if I get there at say, 8AM WAY before the meet even starts. Are you going to tell me I have to move if I'm there before all the bs?

Yeah a ton, It should be first come first serve like last time also.. Sure set out a donation box or something, I'm sure some will pay. Hell I'm not even bringing a car, I just wanted to park along the hill like I always do so I can set up my tent on the grass..
That's not allowed unless you pay 1MILLION dollars to dude to do that.

Originally Posted by all4sr's

Shit, I'd donate 20$ instead of paying that bs reserved parking fee.

Alright I gotta question for you big guy..
If this "reserved parking" doesn't work out and you have the whole front blocked off and you have 1000 spaces but 4/500 cars show up. Are you going to keep that blocked off so there's a big ass empty space? Or are you going to allow people to park there? Or wait, are they going to have to pay that dumbass fee?

And another thing.. I mean.. If the police are working already.. aren't they already getting paid to do their job? Why waste OUR money to pay them additional to do what they're already doing?

Last edited by kerrisaysss; 02-08-2011 at 05:21 PM.
Old 02-08-2011, 05:55 PM
sohc only

1slow4dr has disabled reputation

im down and i have few others comming ill pay on friday
Old 02-08-2011, 06:05 PM
In the honda game...

wrx=sweet wrx=sweet wrx=sweet wrx=sweet wrx=sweet wrx=sweet wrx=sweet wrx=sweet wrx=sweet wrx=sweet wrx=sweet

should set the parking up by freshness of the car hahaha
Old 02-08-2011, 06:09 PM
Banned

DURHUR is infamous around these partsDURHUR is infamous around these partsDURHUR is infamous around these partsDURHUR is infamous around these partsDURHUR is infamous around these partsDURHUR is infamous around these partsDURHUR is infamous around these partsDURHUR is infamous around these partsDURHUR is infamous around these partsDURHUR is infamous around these partsDURHUR is infamous around these parts

Originally Posted by 83Stang5.0
I think managing the "reserved" section is a good idea.

I got there early last year, parked in the middle no problem.

But once more people showed up, there was that half row thing that formed, blocking half the cars that were already there.

I wasn't blocked, but I know alot of people that were, were pretty upset.

I don't think you mean to regulate the ENTIRE front stretch though, so I don't see what the issue really is.

There is plenty of space in the front, if someone is managing it, I can only see it working out better than last year.
Ding ding ding.The reserved parking thing is a fantastic idea.I was one of the people who got blocked in,and it was a very annoying and frustrating experience.So frustrating that it made me even think twice about coming this year.

Last year was not planned for that many people,and it showed.They are just trying to keep things somewhat controled this year.

Quick Reply: 2011 East Coast Honda Meet (June 4th & 5th)