Notices
Events Look here for all and any upcoming events that you can attend.

Beach Bash Import Drags and Meet!! 5/26

Old 05-11-2007, 06:16 AM
Patron

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Terry@Fortune Terry@Fortune Terry@Fortune Terry@Fortune Terry@Fortune Terry@Fortune Terry@Fortune Terry@Fortune Terry@Fortune Terry@Fortune Terry@Fortune
Default Re: Beach Bash Import Drags and Meet!! 5/26

We need directions, pictures from the last event etc
You need to hype it up if you want people to go
Make it exciting

How was the last event anyways? And how far is this from richmond?
I might go
Old 05-11-2007, 06:39 AM
Registered Member

BLKTURBOS2K has disabled reputation

OK, Call Brauning Motor Sports at 804-224-9530
or go to brauningmotorsports.com. The track is next door and we all meet up at the shop before we go.

The last event had some rain but it was a good turn out. Brauning ran a 6.0 in there car. Whats good about this place is that there are no LONG lines for the track. You can run 15+ times a night
Old 05-11-2007, 08:06 AM
Luxury = Love

Royalty Royalty Royalty Royalty Royalty Royalty Royalty Royalty Royalty Royalty Royalty

Originally Posted by Godzilla
We need directions, pictures from the last event etc
You need to hype it up if you want people to go
Make it exciting

How was the last event anyways? And how far is this from richmond?
I might go
ok hold on, a beach bash thats not held at teh beach?
Old 05-11-2007, 10:17 AM
Registered Member

BLKTURBOS2K has disabled reputation

Originally Posted by Royalty
ok hold on, a beach bash thats not held at teh beach?

It is a "beach" just not on the ocean
Old 05-11-2007, 10:43 AM
Mad Scientist

nitefire nitefire nitefire nitefire nitefire nitefire nitefire nitefire nitefire nitefire nitefire

Event: Colonial Beach Import day
Time: 4pm Close
Occurance: Once a month.
Cost: $5.00 to watch $10.00 to run
Safety: Min helmet <no matter your times>. More be required. Long legged pants are required for any type of racing.

Directions from Fredericksburg:

From 95 get off on Rte 3 East.
Rte 3 splits<traffic light at split>. Follow Rte 3 right still going East.
Follow signs to stay on Rte 3 east.
Rt 3 East through King George.
Left on Rt 205 - Towards Colonial Beach
Drive 10 miles, Right on Longfield Rd., Rt 631
Facility is 3 miles on your Right
Directly across from the Colonial Beach Dragstrip!

Description:
Colonial Beach Drag strip <1/8 mile> has offered to open up the track once a month for imports to hang out and race if you want to. Last event We had a good turn out. Even with the ify weather. I'd say rough count about 20 specatators plus 10+ drivers running. I don't have an exact count but we had a fairly good turn out for a first time event.
Old 05-12-2007, 04:41 AM
Registered Member

QUICKVIII has disabled reputation

Ok, here is the scoop. The "venue" is being held at Colonial Beach Dragway. It is located in Colonial Beach Va. Sorry if some of you have never heard of the place, but trust me it really exists! And Yes it is a real beach! So now that that's out of the way. This is being put on by the Drag strip. We "Brauning Motorsports" are doing nothing other than trying to make the import guys aware of the event. The first one was held last month and we all had a great time. There was an excellent turnout for the 1st event so the owner of the track is excited about continuing. We are hoping to bring the import community together at least once a month for a gathering with racing included. It is always fun for me when I attend any import gathering. But what seems to happen to all of them? Some idiot wants to rev his engine and do burnouts in the parking lot of where we are gathered. That then pisses off the owners of the lot and the cops. So what better place to have an event at? If you want to rev it, go ahead. If you want to do burnouts, go ahead... If you want to talk smack abut the other guy, hey call him out right there! It's a dragstrip. Damn, what a concept! So bring your car, to show it or race it. Bring your girlfriend or boyfriend, Hang out, race and above all have a good time. We did before, and we will again. There is also spots for companies to sell or promote thier products, so if you want to do that. hit me up and I will give you the details. LET'S DO THIS!!
Old 05-14-2007, 04:45 PM
Registered Member

ttt
Old 05-14-2007, 06:48 PM
i <3 haters..xoxo

frk_concepts has disabled reputation

hey dave, so brauning isnt helping host the "beach bash" ? What happen to "Colonial Beach Dragway and Brauning Motorsports have teamed up to bring you a new (mega meet) type of event"
i admit last one was fun and all, but im not sure if alot of people are gonna still want to go if theres gona be a ton of domestics and sh*t load of old rednecks still showing up because its jus a regular track night to them and cb dragway...
oh well, hopefully more people will show next time....atleast its good practice/tuning time
good luck bringing the imports in...........
Old 05-15-2007, 03:46 AM
Registered Member

Isn't misinformation great!!! We are working with the Colonial Beach Dragstrip to bring you a "Mega Meet" type of event. We as Brauning Motorsports recieve nothing in return for our involvement. We are tyrying to get the word out to all the import folks who would like to come. Yes several Domestics showed up, I have only recieved limited negative response to thier attending. However most of the people seemed to either not mind or welcomed them. Most of the people who I have spoken to directly, weren't afraid of them. Now if everyone who hasn't responded yet, would like to forward thier feelings to me. I will give that information to the track owner. Now My feelings are if you don't like the rednecks and domestics, either speak up or please don't show up!! Wow, wouldn't that be nice if some people didn't show!! But the cruise nights that I have been to had domestics there. And I have never seen a sign out front that said they weren't allowed. Hey didn't Dick have some involvement with organizing the cruise nights there in Fredericksburg several years ago? Did he keep the domestics out? But if you are tired of being hassled and run out of every hang out spot, or you have balls enough to race, hey this is your chance to be here and have fun. Oh Mike, by the way are you guys still getting your information from Dick?
Old 05-15-2007, 06:14 AM
Registered Member

6spdeg has disabled reputation

Originally Posted by QUICKVIII
Isn't misinformation great!!! We are working with the Colonial Beach Dragstrip to bring you a "Mega Meet" type of event. We as Brauning Motorsports recieve nothing in return for our involvement. We are tyrying to get the word out to all the import folks who would like to come. Yes several Domestics showed up, I have only recieved limited negative response to thier attending. However most of the people seemed to either not mind or welcomed them. Most of the people who I have spoken to directly, weren't afraid of them. Now if everyone who hasn't responded yet, would like to forward thier feelings to me. I will give that information to the track owner. Now My feelings are if you don't like the rednecks and domestics, either speak up or please don't show up!! Wow, wouldn't that be nice if some people didn't show!! But the cruise nights that I have been to had domestics there. And I have never seen a sign out front that said they weren't allowed. Hey didn't Dick have some involvement with organizing the cruise nights there in Fredericksburg several years ago? Did he keep the domestics out? But if you are tired of being hassled and run out of every hang out spot, or you have balls enough to race, hey this is your chance to be here and have fun. Oh Mike, by the way are you guys still getting your information from Dick?
misinformation.. thats funny here's what you posted in your other thread.
Originally Posted by QUICKVIII
Colonial Beach Dragway and Brauning Motorsports have teamed up to bring you a new (mega meet) type of event.
in this thread it does not state working with..lol.

I have no probs with domestics ask Dave and J R...lol.

So coming from the "Ringleader" "DO WHATEVER IT TAKES!"
Good luck with that....

Funny Im being brought into this... I had a good time at the races.. Shame YOU make it seem so bad.

Quick Reply: Beach Bash Import Drags and Meet!! 5/26