Notices
Events Look here for all and any upcoming events that you can attend.

Driftwater 5 DEC 20TH.

Old 11-18-2009, 06:08 AM
Patron

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Terry@Fortune Terry@Fortune Terry@Fortune Terry@Fortune Terry@Fortune Terry@Fortune Terry@Fortune Terry@Fortune Terry@Fortune Terry@Fortune Terry@Fortune
Default Re: Driftwater 5 DEC 20TH.

Awesome I will be there!!
Sending payment for Jen and I tomorrow!
Old 11-18-2009, 06:10 AM
JUST SAYIN...WHAT!?

THEWORSTDRIFTER THEWORSTDRIFTER THEWORSTDRIFTER THEWORSTDRIFTER THEWORSTDRIFTER THEWORSTDRIFTER THEWORSTDRIFTER THEWORSTDRIFTER THEWORSTDRIFTER THEWORSTDRIFTER THEWORSTDRIFTER

crew only no spectators
Old 11-18-2009, 01:55 PM
Yes I race a HONDA!!

vbspec vbspec vbspec vbspec vbspec vbspec vbspec vbspec vbspec vbspec vbspec

Damn I hope my head gets back from the machine shop soon...... My dad and I both want to run this.

What about trailored cars do you need the vehical info on the towing vehical or the vehical on track?

Last edited by vbspec; 11-18-2009 at 01:57 PM.
Old 11-18-2009, 03:25 PM
git down on it

judge judge judge judge judge judge judge judge judge judge judge

i may bring my new car out there for grippies =)
Old 11-18-2009, 05:51 PM
Registered Member

jentegraGS-R jentegraGS-R jentegraGS-R jentegraGS-R jentegraGS-R jentegraGS-R jentegraGS-R jentegraGS-R jentegraGS-R jentegraGS-R jentegraGS-R

Can't wait!!!
Old 11-18-2009, 07:47 PM
Patron

Terry@Fortune Terry@Fortune Terry@Fortune Terry@Fortune Terry@Fortune Terry@Fortune Terry@Fortune Terry@Fortune Terry@Fortune Terry@Fortune Terry@Fortune

Money sent

Lets start the list

1. Jen
2. Terry
Old 11-19-2009, 03:02 AM
Registered Member

GT-R has disabled reputation

Damn. I still need a helmet! I just came back from Casey Honda, blah blah blah and didn't find one for automobiles.

Anyone know where I can purchase up a small/medium helmet?
Old 11-19-2009, 03:18 AM
JUST SAYIN...WHAT!?

THEWORSTDRIFTER THEWORSTDRIFTER THEWORSTDRIFTER THEWORSTDRIFTER THEWORSTDRIFTER THEWORSTDRIFTER THEWORSTDRIFTER THEWORSTDRIFTER THEWORSTDRIFTER THEWORSTDRIFTER THEWORSTDRIFTER

Originally Posted by vbspec
Damn I hope my head gets back from the machine shop soon...... My dad and I both want to run this.

What about trailored cars do you need the vehical info on the towing vehical or the vehical on track?
no the only car they care about is the one on track

Originally Posted by GT-R
Damn. I still need a helmet! I just came back from Casey Honda, blah blah blah and didn't find one for automobiles.

Anyone know where I can purchase up a small/medium helmet?
http://www.saferacer.com/Auto-Racing...FQsMDQodyEwelg
Old 11-19-2009, 03:48 PM
Registered Member

GT-R has disabled reputation
Default Advice needed

Ok, I'm trying to decide between these 3 helmets:

Bell M4

"The M-4 is an aggressively styled, multi-featured, full-ventilation helmet with an extra large eyeport. The M4 can be used in all forms of racing. In addition, the M-4 features our new SRV friction shield system. This new system has a slide mechanism that allows the driver to adjust the tension on the shield allowing for multiple opening positions. When properly adjusted and in the locked position, the SRV systems helps reduce the possibility of the shield opening during an impact."

Bell BR-1

"The BR-1 features a light Fiber-Tech shell, extra large eyeport with increased upward visibility and a Carbon X interior. The BR-1 has a full venturi ventilation system including chin bar, forehead and channeled top vents with a rear exhaust. As air flows over the helmet, the venturi effect increases cooling inside the helmet and prevents shield fogging by creating a vacuum to pull airflow through the helmet. The helmet's recessed forehead vents and rear facing side chin bar vents provide ventilation while not allowing dirt to enter into the helmet.

In addition, the BR-1 features our new SRV friction shield system. This new system has a slide mechanism that allows the driver to adjust the tension on the shield allowing for multiple opening positions. When properly adjusted and in the locked position, the SRV systems helps reduce the possibility of the shield opening during an impact."

Bell BR-1 w/ inside air

"Designed for the next generation of racer, the BR-1 Side Air combines futuristic styling and all-purpose performance. The BR-1 Side Air features an extra large eyeport, a futuristic design and utilizes Bell's air chamber technology to accelerate airflow to the front of the face for improved ventilation and comfort.

In addition, the BR-1 Side Air features our new SRV friction shield system. This new system has a slide mechanism that allows the driver to adjust the tension on the shield allowing for multiple opening positions. When properly adjusted and in the locked position, the SRV systems helps reduce the possibility of the shield opening during an impact.

Air Chamber Technology
The BR-1 Forced Air features an air chamber system designed to increase pressure and accelerate airflow into a sealed chamber in the front of the helmet maximizing ventilation and cooling."

Any recommendations since it'll be my first time at drift water? I want a helmet that'll be good for future events at other tracks as well.
Old 11-19-2009, 04:20 PM
Yes I race a HONDA!!

vbspec vbspec vbspec vbspec vbspec vbspec vbspec vbspec vbspec vbspec vbspec

Any new helmet will be ok. Any SA rated helmet would be best. I use a Gforce Pro Elimenator (I also use a HANS device). The biggest issue you are going to have is fitment. Everyones head is different. The Bell helmets may fit or it may not. If this is your first event you may want to pick up a motorcycle helmet. But if you really want an SA rated lid you may want to look at the rules of the other groups you will be running with. I just bring this up because the SCCA had and I think still has a rule that requires open faced helmets for drivers who's cars have airbags and is using the OE safety belts. Most other groups don't have this rule. Just food for thought.

Quick Reply: Driftwater 5 DEC 20TH.