Notices
Events Look here for all and any upcoming events that you can attend.

FRVA's First Drift Event. October 29th.

Old 10-02-2011, 12:17 PM
Registered Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
n0va_zenki has disabled reputation
Default Re: FRVA's First Drift Event. October 29th.

DRIVERS!!!!!!!!!
We as event planners are under a deadline to gather the drivers necessary to make this event happen on October 29th. Without you as Drivers we have no event and need your attendance to make this event, and ones to come, a success. We feel very strongly about the possibilities of this track, and really want to bring an event to drivers at this location. However, unless we have twenty drivers pre-registered by October 9th at midnight (day after Drift Nirvana/ECDC), we will have to pull the plug. We realize a lot of drivers need to wait to register until after the upcoming Drift Nirvana/ECDC event, but you'll have a day to register if you don't crumple your car at that event.
Considering the track rental costs, and the offering of a cash prize, we simply can’t provide the EPIC experience at this righteous venue without enough drivers! We hope to get some input back from you all, and are hoping for the driver count to jump and make this happen! Happy drifting!!!
Old 10-05-2011, 08:19 AM
With No Moar Honda

ispoonwithmugen ispoonwithmugen ispoonwithmugen ispoonwithmugen ispoonwithmugen ispoonwithmugen ispoonwithmugen ispoonwithmugen ispoonwithmugen ispoonwithmugen ispoonwithmugen

attending, hope we get enough drivers out!
Old 10-08-2011, 05:56 AM
Registered Member

If you're thinking about driving, we need 20 drivers before sunday at midnight! Might have to pull the plug on this one otherwise
Old 10-09-2011, 01:32 PM
Registered Member

7 hours-ish to register!
Old 10-11-2011, 11:13 PM
Registered Member

Well guys, we simply didn't have enough drivers pre-register, so things had to get flipped around for this event. Here's the message I sent out to everyone on the facebook event:

Due to low pre-registeration count, we have been forced to change the event so that we may afford to run the track for the day. The event will now be a semi-private test and tune restricted to 15 drivers. The new cost for this 8 hour stint on this irwindale-esk track, will be $120 for drivers and $20 per spectator.

Drivers:
The day will run as strictly a practice test and tune, so no competition will occur this time.

Gates now open at 10am, but we suggest you arrive by 9:30 so we can register drivers and square everyone up. When gates open at 10 we can start sending cars on track right away. We have to be off the track by 6pm, so there will be loads of seat time. Bring TONS of tires if you plan to drive!!!

Spectators:
The track day IS still open to spectators, however, the grand stands will not be open. Spectators will be limited to the pits as well as watching from the surrounding gate of the oval. Porta-potties will be on location. We're working with what we have, and this was the only way to make drifting still happen on this day. Spectator cost will be $20 for anyone entering the gate (one of our conditions to being able to run this track day still).

So we were forced by the track to incur a $20 fee to anyone who walks through the gate to spectate or to drive. Drivers, your $20 is covered in your registration fee. Since we're not having to pay for insurance this event, the grandstands had to be closed and they are forcing the $20 charge, so we realize this won't be a spectator-heavy event, but people are still welcome to tag along with you if you want to drive, or just come watch and hang.

There will be SO much seat time, so hop on board if you're looking for some. We have seven drivers, and we are capping it at 15.

Let me know if you have any questions!
Old 10-12-2011, 03:30 AM
JUST SAYIN...WHAT!?

THEWORSTDRIFTER THEWORSTDRIFTER THEWORSTDRIFTER THEWORSTDRIFTER THEWORSTDRIFTER THEWORSTDRIFTER THEWORSTDRIFTER THEWORSTDRIFTER THEWORSTDRIFTER THEWORSTDRIFTER THEWORSTDRIFTER

Well that sucks. i hope that you still have a good time and that your future events work out better.
Old 10-12-2011, 05:59 AM
Registered Member

Thanks man, definitely hoping for the same. Thinking that this will give us a chance to get some footage of an event there so people can see its potential. Anyways, if anyone's bored on the 29th, you're still welcome to come out. Just for a bit more of a price for spectators. And the fewer drivers will get incredible seat time.
Old 10-13-2011, 01:46 PM
Sideways

Snowmants will become famous soon enoughSnowmants will become famous soon enough

Hey jon,

Glad to see you heading things up and getting this going. looks like fun. I blew my SR20 at VIR about 6 weeks ago and it is being rebuilt.....otherwise i would be in for this! I hope you are doing well and I hope to catch you at an event sometime soon.
Old 10-18-2011, 05:49 AM
Registered Member

There are six slots left for drivers. In case anyone missed the changes to the event:
We are having to run this event as a test and tune day. Limited to 15 drivers for maximum seat time. Entry fee is $120 (for crap ton of seat time). Spectators are certainly welcome, however the track has laid down a $20 entry fee for test and tune days. There will no longer be a competition.
Our hope is that this event will help grow awareness of this sick venue, and from there we can host another event with larger attendance, a competition, and have it be more spectator friendly.

Originally Posted by Snowmants
Hey jon,

Glad to see you heading things up and getting this going. looks like fun. I blew my SR20 at VIR about 6 weeks ago and it is being rebuilt.....otherwise i would be in for this! I hope you are doing well and I hope to catch you at an event sometime soon.
Thanks buddy!

Sorry to hear about the motor. Did the same thing, and mine's finally back on the road again. Hope to run into you at summit or another event soon man.
Old 10-20-2011, 04:41 PM
BATTLESTAGS

TongWoo TongWoo TongWoo TongWoo TongWoo TongWoo TongWoo TongWoo TongWoo TongWoo TongWoo

Registered and stoked! Ordered some more spares and the whatnot. The track looks sick!

Quick Reply: FRVA's First Drift Event. October 29th.