Notices
Events Look here for all and any upcoming events that you can attend.

The Mid Atlantic MEGA MEET has been cancelled!

Old 05-15-2006, 12:45 PM
Gotta Love Twins!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
jspecb18c has much to be proud ofjspecb18c has much to be proud ofjspecb18c has much to be proud ofjspecb18c has much to be proud ofjspecb18c has much to be proud ofjspecb18c has much to be proud ofjspecb18c has much to be proud ofjspecb18c has much to be proud ofjspecb18c has much to be proud ofjspecb18c has much to be proud ofjspecb18c has much to be proud of
Default Re: The Mid Atlantic MEGA MEET has been cancelled!

Bryan, I and the rest of the staff thank everyone for all the support and suggestions. We have not given up on finding a new spot but please understand that this is not an easy situation for us. So that everyone understands, we made plans for the MEGA MEET 6-8 months before we actually held our first meet. This was to get the OK with everyone and everything that was involved, so most likely the MEGA MEET will be back but not until next year. We are going to plan some different events for the 2006 season so stay tuned for that. If anyone has anymore suggestions, please do not discuss it on here. But please go to our website (www.megameet.org) and contact us through there. Thanks.

-Ryan
Old 05-21-2006, 01:04 PM
Registered Member

Deirdrea ccchr has disabled reputation

Originally Posted by HighPSI TSi Guy
for people like you and me it might not make sense, but trust me, there's plenty of old people at VDOT that are like that. I have neighbors like that, there are plenty of people around like that. It's no secret that there's plenty of people that like to ruin young people's fun.

Hey! watch the "old people" remark!!! I am almost 60, and do you think you are the first young drivers to be picked on?

No, when i was 17 cops took my keys for 30 days for drag racing on city roads and eluding the police.

I am president of the car club council of hampton roads. retired dragster. I have been fighting for the younger drivers here in our area, as soon as they realize I am for real we can get started.

I am only one person, but its amazing what just "one" person can do, especialy when all these "ones" get together.

I have been to the state police and have their support for any positive plans. They are offering to help us find some locations for meeting and chilln.

Dee
Old 05-21-2006, 06:47 PM
Gotta Love Twins!

jspecb18c has much to be proud ofjspecb18c has much to be proud ofjspecb18c has much to be proud ofjspecb18c has much to be proud ofjspecb18c has much to be proud ofjspecb18c has much to be proud ofjspecb18c has much to be proud ofjspecb18c has much to be proud ofjspecb18c has much to be proud ofjspecb18c has much to be proud ofjspecb18c has much to be proud of

Originally Posted by Deirdrea ccchr
Hey! watch the "old people" remark!!! I am almost 60, and do you think you are the first young drivers to be picked on?

No, when i was 17 cops took my keys for 30 days for drag racing on city roads and eluding the police.

I am president of the car club council of hampton roads. retired dragster. I have been fighting for the younger drivers here in our area, as soon as they realize I am for real we can get started.

I am only one person, but its amazing what just "one" person can do, especialy when all these "ones" get together.

I have been to the state police and have their support for any positive plans. They are offering to help us find some locations for meeting and chilln.

Dee
Check your PMs because I would like to speak with you....

-Ryan
Old 05-22-2006, 07:53 AM
HAMBONE JONES...

z31kid is on a distinguished road

Ryan how bout we use Aquia town center as a meeting place. The parking lot is a ghost town on saturday nites. Theres a bunch of resturants in the town center that would love the business and its like 10 minutes away from most of the staff that live in the area.
Old 05-22-2006, 11:00 AM
Gotta Love Twins!

Originally Posted by z31kid
Ryan how bout we use Aquia town center as a meeting place. The parking lot is a ghost town on saturday nites. Theres a bunch of resturants in the town center that would love the business and its like 10 minutes away from most of the staff that live in the area.
Right now, we do not have the support of any police dept. except for Prince William County. You also have to keep into consideration that this is not a small meet. 1000+ cars come to the MEGA MEET and we all know that there will be some people that do not use common sense. Think of all the families that might be coming from the movie theatre right there or all the resturants in that area. Just because we have one person supporting us, does not mean that everyone will support us. I personally will not give up on finding a place for the MEGA MEET and I am well aware that it is going to be a battle....

-Ryan
Old 05-22-2006, 05:15 PM
na-ni?

SimpleS14 is an unknown quantity at this point

How about the parking lots in Potomac Mills?...around where the old skatepark use to be and across from Ikea. Those lots are empty 90% of the time.

I'm thinking no..but its worth a suggestion.
Old 05-22-2006, 06:35 PM
❒Good ❒ Better ✔Best

HighPSI TSi Guy has much to be proud ofHighPSI TSi Guy has much to be proud ofHighPSI TSi Guy has much to be proud ofHighPSI TSi Guy has much to be proud ofHighPSI TSi Guy has much to be proud ofHighPSI TSi Guy has much to be proud ofHighPSI TSi Guy has much to be proud ofHighPSI TSi Guy has much to be proud ofHighPSI TSi Guy has much to be proud ofHighPSI TSi Guy has much to be proud ofHighPSI TSi Guy has much to be proud of

Originally Posted by z31kid
They'd never allow that. My friends and I have gotten kicked out of that Mcdonalds before for "hanging out" when we had just parked our cars and were on our way inside to buy food. Manager saw 4 mustangs and 2 lightnings and ran outside and told us to get out he didn't want us there, as we were walking towards the building...
Old 05-22-2006, 07:07 PM
HAMBONE JONES...

z31kid is on a distinguished road

oh yeah i forgot about that. they are some jerks. Maybe channel 7 might be able to help you out Ryan, if you want to get a place these guys would be the one to help you out. Also try getting the newspaper involved too. We could also have a petition signed on allowing us to have a spot to have a meet somewhere
Old 05-27-2006, 07:37 AM
٩███۶ wilrep 4 a leg

ಠ__ಠ ಠ__ಠ ಠ__ಠ ಠ__ಠ ಠ__ಠ ಠ__ಠ ಠ__ಠ ಠ__ಠ ಠ__ಠ ಠ__ಠ ಠ__ಠ

Originally Posted by SimpleS14
How about the parking lots in Potomac Mills?...around where the old skatepark use to be and across from Ikea. Those lots are empty 90% of the time.

I'm thinking no..but its worth a suggestion.

why not, it is always empty and they have carnivals there so why not a car show? plus it will be when the malls closed so you wont have complaining customers
Old 05-27-2006, 09:33 AM
Double Agent HT

ILLEGAL ILLEGAL ILLEGAL ILLEGAL ILLEGAL ILLEGAL ILLEGAL ILLEGAL ILLEGAL ILLEGAL ILLEGAL

Originally Posted by jspecb18c
Right now, we do not have the support of any police dept. except for Prince William County. You also have to keep into consideration that this is not a small meet. 1000+ cars come to the MEGA MEET and we all know that there will be some people that do not use common sense. Think of all the families that might be coming from the movie theatre right there or all the resturants in that area. Just because we have one person supporting us, does not mean that everyone will support us. I personally will not give up on finding a place for the MEGA MEET and I am well aware that it is going to be a battle....

-Ryan
^^^^

Quick Reply: The Mid Atlantic MEGA MEET has been cancelled!