Notices
Events Look here for all and any upcoming events that you can attend.

The Mid Atlantic MEGA MEET has been cancelled!

Old 05-27-2006, 10:17 AM
na-ni?

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
SimpleS14 is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: The Mid Atlantic MEGA MEET has been cancelled!

Well this lot is not exactly infront of popular food places and as for the movie theatre...do you know how far that is from the lot? If someone was to do something stupid in the lot by AMC....really...that is their fault. It's not as if something like that happens anyway.

I say if we could just give it one shot and see how it flows.
Old 05-27-2006, 10:35 AM
Pre-"Crash" Member

growley growley growley growley growley growley growley growley
Default Re: The Mid Atlantic MEGA MEET has been canceled!

Originally Posted by jspecb18c
The burnouts that occurred at the top of the lot and the number of people that hung out up there instead of coming down to the main lot during the April 1st meet was also an issue.
Um, from what I remembered, they stopped letting people into the lot, even though there was room and even when the lot was beginning to clear out. That's why they congregated up there. But the burnouts were pretty retarded.

Last edited by growley; 05-27-2006 at 01:32 PM.
Old 05-27-2006, 02:06 PM
Registered Member

Snoopy Snoopy Snoopy Snoopy Snoopy Snoopy Snoopy Snoopy Snoopy Snoopy Snoopy

I have to agree on getting the media in on this. Why they pulled the permit wasnt 100% right, but im sure they did have a fair amount of reasons to pull it. If channel 4/5/9 where to hear about this, im sure something postive would come out of it. What about the freelance star down in fredericksburg? Washington Post? Front page story? I know when ProMotion had their dyno day a while ago the freelance star came down a wrote a half a page on what happened, and it made the front page.

Ryan if you need anything, get at me
Old 06-20-2006, 06:39 AM
Gotta Love Twins!

jspecb18c has much to be proud ofjspecb18c has much to be proud ofjspecb18c has much to be proud ofjspecb18c has much to be proud ofjspecb18c has much to be proud ofjspecb18c has much to be proud ofjspecb18c has much to be proud ofjspecb18c has much to be proud ofjspecb18c has much to be proud ofjspecb18c has much to be proud ofjspecb18c has much to be proud of

Originally Posted by SimpleS14
Well this lot is not exactly infront of popular food places and as for the movie theatre...do you know how far that is from the lot? If someone was to do something stupid in the lot by AMC....really...that is their fault. It's not as if something like that happens anyway.

I say if we could just give it one shot and see how it flows.
Potomac Mills will not work because even though Prince William County Police support what the MEGA MEET is about, they do not want it right in the middle of a popular area. Also, the Management of Potomac Mills is asking way too much for us just to use the parking lot. Then you also have to add in the cost of renting police officers for security, permits with the state, and insurance that now will cost a lot more due to not being associated with VDOT. Most likely the MEGA MEET will not be back up and running until 2007.

-Ryan
Old 06-21-2006, 05:40 PM
٩███۶ wilrep 4 a leg

ಠ__ಠ ಠ__ಠ ಠ__ಠ ಠ__ಠ ಠ__ಠ ಠ__ಠ ಠ__ಠ ಠ__ಠ ಠ__ಠ ಠ__ಠ ಠ__ಠ

can't you just bump the price up to like five dollars im sure noone would mind paying an extra four dollars, and seeing as how many people come it should pay for any extra fees. (just shoutin out ideas)
Old 06-22-2006, 07:08 AM
Gotta Love Twins!

jspecb18c has much to be proud ofjspecb18c has much to be proud ofjspecb18c has much to be proud ofjspecb18c has much to be proud ofjspecb18c has much to be proud ofjspecb18c has much to be proud ofjspecb18c has much to be proud ofjspecb18c has much to be proud ofjspecb18c has much to be proud ofjspecb18c has much to be proud ofjspecb18c has much to be proud of

Originally Posted by marcusgnf
can't you just bump the price up to like five dollars im sure noone would mind paying an extra four dollars, and seeing as how many people come it should pay for any extra fees. (just shoutin out ideas)
We have thought about that but we want to keep it as cheap as possible. Potomac Mills Management wants $4000 each MEGA MEET that we have. That is actually the cheapest out of everyone that we have contacted or has contacted us. So if we charge $5 a car that comes to the meet and we pull a thousand cars in one night, we bring in $5000 dollars. So after paying for the parking lot, we have $1000 left to pay for everything else. Then there are going to have to be 5 Police Officers at the meet because of how large they have been and that will cost us $900 total for the night (5 officers at $45/hr for 4 hours). Yeah, we have $100 left to pay off another bill. We did not start the MEGA MEETs to make money and become rich off of the modifying car crowd. Instead we started these meets because we all love and enjoy the same hobby. I was tired of going to different parking lots and getting kicked out all night long and that is why the MEGA MEET was such a success. Everyone could stay in one area and enjoy some of the nicest rides in the Mid Atlantic and not be hassled by the police unless you were purposely doing something stupid.

We thank everyone for the support but please understand that this is not easy to get it up and running again. If anyone has any really good suggestions, please contact us through the website www.megameet.org

-Ryan
Old 06-30-2006, 01:47 AM
Jackie

aznchck14 has disabled reputation

I don't know if anyone has suggested this or not, and it is honestly too late and I am too tired to see if anyone has. But have you tried Parking lot C or any of the parking lots at the Pentagon. From what my father has told me, several organizations use that parking lot for events, Rolling Thunder among them. Just a suggestion, possibly something to look into. I would hate for the Meets to be done for good cuz I think it is a really great opportunity for everyone to meet, learn, have fun, keep out of trouble and so on.
Old 06-30-2006, 03:48 AM
Patron

Boxer4PSI has disabled reputation

Originally Posted by aznchck14
I don't know if anyone has suggested this or not, and it is honestly too late and I am too tired to see if anyone has. But have you tried Parking lot C or any of the parking lots at the Pentagon. From what my father has told me, several organizations use that parking lot for events, Rolling Thunder among them. Just a suggestion, possibly something to look into. I would hate for the Meets to be done for good cuz I think it is a really great opportunity for everyone to meet, learn, have fun, keep out of trouble and so on.
I highly doubt the Pentagon would let us even come close to using their lots since a lot of the attendents of the Mega Meet would be non-military personnel. The only reason Rolling Thunder can use their lots is because Rolling Thunder is made up of a majority of military veterans, most of whom fought during Vietnam. Rolling Thunder has also been in existence for over 2 decades and has heavy political connections due to the extremely large number of veterans who participate every year.
Old 06-30-2006, 04:34 AM
Gotta Love Twins!

Very good points everyone but it is another option that we are going to explore.

-Ryan
Old 07-08-2006, 11:01 AM
kosher jew

bseriesbenny is infamous around these partsbseriesbenny is infamous around these partsbseriesbenny is infamous around these partsbseriesbenny is infamous around these partsbseriesbenny is infamous around these partsbseriesbenny is infamous around these partsbseriesbenny is infamous around these partsbseriesbenny is infamous around these partsbseriesbenny is infamous around these partsbseriesbenny is infamous around these partsbseriesbenny is infamous around these parts

i have never been to one of these meets but just as a suggestion...what about moving it to va beach and working something out with the vb ampetheathre and see what they say...just my .02

benny

Quick Reply: The Mid Atlantic MEGA MEET has been cancelled!