Notices
Events Look here for all and any upcoming events that you can attend.

MIR Import vs Domestic

Old 11-08-2009, 11:46 PM
VAdriven Sponsor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
RameyBuilt RameyBuilt RameyBuilt RameyBuilt RameyBuilt RameyBuilt RameyBuilt RameyBuilt RameyBuilt RameyBuilt RameyBuilt
Default Re: MIR Import vs Domestic

thanks eveyone that came out to support us!!!!!! we learned alot about the car this weekend, hope to go out one more time before the end of the season.
Old 11-09-2009, 12:24 AM
Registered Member

Slow EG8 has disabled reputation

Originally Posted by ECLIPSEgt
video not found
Old 11-09-2009, 12:41 AM
GSR-T. NeedaWebsite?

pspminez has disabled reputation

its a zip file

Filename: mirvideos.zip
File description: mir videos all
File size: 522.46 MB
Old 11-09-2009, 05:47 AM
Registered Member

mysteryguest is on a distinguished road
Re: MIR Import vs Domestic

Originally Posted by HighPSI TSi Guy
mustangs laid down the hurt as usual.
This.

I have been all over the country to "streetcar shootouts" since the whole radial/streetcar thing got big years ago. A couple of observations since this is the first time I have been to a race that had a ton of fast imports since most of these shootouts are mostly domestic, (i.e., World Street Nats Orlando, etc.).
Many drivers brought fast cars and lost it all on the line. Tons of red lights and lots of sleeping. Also, missing gears left and right. It seemed that there were only a few import guys who could really cut a light and bang through the gears consistently. They brought the big guns, but need practice on the driving part. Impressive cars regardless. This sleeping and red lighting allowed the domestics who seemed to drill the tree and bang gears consistently put the hurt on the imports.

Another thing was the lack of knowledge on how to stage, particularly in the ET/bracket classes. I saw more than one guy go directly in to full stage before the other car was pre-staged two or three passes in a row. The MIR staff was more than patient with these guys. Everyone is a rookie a one point and has to learn, but it's best done on a test & tune night, not a bigger event like this. It really slows the show down.

With that said, good show, fast cars, and "2-6-10-12......14 had a huge ass."
Old 11-09-2009, 05:58 AM
Registered Member

guttamane2486 has disabled reputation

yes very true even with the announcer mentioning courtesy staging all day over the intercom the were still somany people double bulbing with the opponets car still 6ft from staging.and yes those jpc mustangs put a hurtin on the field as usual lots of fast imports fell in the first rounds to redlights or driver errors non the less still a great show
Old 11-09-2009, 06:00 AM
Registered Member

even with the two days this year still seems that the show ran to about the same time last night as it did last year iam guessing because the massive turnout i hope they continue with the two days this event is to great for one just one day
Old 11-09-2009, 06:01 AM
dl^_^lb ..l.,

beeotch beeotch beeotch beeotch beeotch beeotch beeotch beeotch beeotch beeotch beeotch

i heard that guy on the intercom yelling someone running a 6.95 @ 197 mph. Does anyone know what car that was?
Old 11-09-2009, 06:33 AM
*Mr. Boosty Pants*

JDMB16CRX JDMB16CRX JDMB16CRX JDMB16CRX JDMB16CRX JDMB16CRX JDMB16CRX JDMB16CRX JDMB16CRX JDMB16CRX JDMB16CRX

Originally Posted by guttamane2486
yeah i believe he was eliminated in the first round along with two of the other cars i really wanted to see the nrg tech car and felix medina in the first round they both red lit and the clm hatch didnt even make a pass all weekend
CLM ran saturday, poped something 1st pass and ran a 9.11 at a rediculously low speed if i dont recall correctly.
Old 11-09-2009, 08:24 AM
Registered Member

mysteryguest is on a distinguished road

Originally Posted by guttamane2486
even with the two days this year still seems that the show ran to about the same time last night as it did last year iam guessing because the massive turnout i hope they continue with the two days this event is to great for one just one day
I agree with you on keeping the two day format. Although I have one piece of advice that I hope the organizers take note of....start eliminations for the bracket cars on Saturday. At least run them into the quarterfinals on Saturday so the spectators don't have to sit through so much of it on Sunday. With that heavy of a turnout in bracket cars, it will always run late. God forbid someone oils down the track once or twice....pack a lunch. It took the NHRA quite a while to figure this out with their professional events, but take notice the next time you go to a big event. The sportsman cars are already narrowed down to a reasonable number for Sunday. Keeps the seats full and the casual spectator coming back year after year.

Originally Posted by beeotch
i heard that guy on the intercom yelling someone running a 6.95 @ 197 mph. Does anyone know what car that was?
Tim Essick went in the 6s with his 10.5 Mustang.
Here is the car...not the run though-
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uzIczdbbljc
Old 11-09-2009, 11:03 AM
Registered Member

yeah thats true^ because not to any offense but those braket cars kinda slow the tempo and excitement of the event down well atleast in my opinion but i would think that its also to keep a fairamount of tune/repair time between elimination rounds for the highly modified cars^^^^^^^

was it the clm hatch maroonish color with the grey color front end.. cuhna i believe i dont think he made a pass because our trailer was parked right next to his camp and i believe his car was on the trailer the whole weekend unless he slipped in a pass during the bikini contest lol

Quick Reply: MIR Import vs Domestic