Notices
Events Look here for all and any upcoming events that you can attend.

NHRA Virginia Sport Compact Nationals April 22-23

Old 04-25-2007, 07:09 AM
Registered Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
69vette 69vette 69vette 69vette 69vette 69vette 69vette 69vette 69vette 69vette 69vette
Default Re: NHRA Virginia Sport Compact Nationals April 22-23

Originally Posted by Wii
Some red integra, with a cheap $200 body kit.
LOL at you all talking about the red integra soo much on here. I painted that car for the owner and anyone who knows me knows the quality of the work on the car. So what, they wanted a body kit on the car? Maybe thats what they like? The car is much cleaner then Terry's girls integra. Just because it has a body kit doesn't mean its not clean. The paint is flawless and at least 60 hours went into getting the body kit lines right since they fit like crap the way they come. The car was also color changed the correct way and everything but the engine bay has been based cleared(engine bay will be done shortly when the built motor goes in).
Old 04-25-2007, 07:11 AM
Registered Member

69vette 69vette 69vette 69vette 69vette 69vette 69vette 69vette 69vette 69vette 69vette

Originally Posted by Wii
Seriously. The judging at NHRA sucked!
The points setup was stupid. You got points off or no points if you had a stock trunk and didn't have decals all over the car. Many cars that looked like a pos ended up taking a 2nd or 1st in their class. Some accord litterly had spray painted bumpers and still took 2nd lol
Old 04-25-2007, 07:16 AM
Registered Member

jentegraGS-R jentegraGS-R jentegraGS-R jentegraGS-R jentegraGS-R jentegraGS-R jentegraGS-R jentegraGS-R jentegraGS-R jentegraGS-R jentegraGS-R

Originally Posted by 00CivicGirl
which integra? you guys had the cleanest one out there
apparently my door dings make it not so clean

Originally Posted by 69vette
LOL at you all talking about the red integra soo much on here. I painted that car for the owner and anyone who knows me knows the quality of the work on the car. So what, they wanted a body kit on the car? Maybe thats what they like? The car is much cleaner then Terry's girls integra. Just because it has a body kit doesn't mean its not clean. The paint is flawless and at least 60 hours went into getting the body kit lines right since they fit like crap the way they come. The car was also color changed the correct way and everything but the engine bay has been based cleared(engine bay will be done shortly when the built motor goes in).
terry told me about your car, and he said it was sweet as shit...especially since you did all the work yourself and everything. that's cool you did the body work on your girl's integra too, but body kits like that aren't in style anymore...that was the trend in the early to mid 90's. yeah my car has door dings and whatnot, but really though it's my daily driver i've had it for 5 years and for the stock paint to look like that...i think it's not too bad. and honestly even if i got the door dings removed you would probably still say that your girl's car is cleaner than mine since i have stock paint and thats not as good as the work you put into her car. but that's fine...different strokes for different folks.
Old 04-25-2007, 07:29 AM
VERSUS1™

Jermizzle will become famous soon enough

thats fine, were not dissing the paint work. it was a dark red/maroon from what i remember. the main thing that stuck out was that awful body kit. anyways your idea of clean is different than someone else's. and at a real show with real judges that integra wouldnt even place.
Old 04-25-2007, 07:29 AM
Registered Member

Originally Posted by AsianNameTagGrl
terry told me about your car, and he said it was sweet as shit...especially since you did all the work yourself and everything. that's cool you did the body work on your girl's integra too, but body kits like that aren't in style anymore...that was the trend in the early to mid 90's. yeah my car has door dings and whatnot, but really though it's my daily driver i've had it for 5 years and for the stock paint to look like that...i think it's not too bad.
I'm not saying anything bad about your car in general so don't take anything I say as an insult. Just from my view point your car isn't that clean. Paint is just one of the first things I notice about any car because it stands out the most. You can have the cleanist interior and a built engine and I still won't think a car is show worthy if it has dents all over it. The red integra was done about 4-5 years ago and the paint still looks like the day I shot the car. I don't personally care for body kits but its what they wanted on the car. I don't like decals all over a car but maybe you do? Or you just had them on for the points or syle or whatever. You had a painted vavle cover and strut bar in the engine bay and the rest looked like you had never cleaned or polished anything. So its just not the dents that lead me to say the car isn't clean, its a combination of what I saw.

Again, this is just my opinion and everyone has their priorities as to what they do first on a car. Get some paint on your car and clean up the engine bay
Old 04-25-2007, 07:31 AM
Registered Member

Originally Posted by Versus1_NSX
thats fine, were not dissing the paint work. it was a dark red/maroon from what i remember. the main thing that stuck out was that awful body kit. anyways your idea of clean is different than someone else's. and at a real show with real judges that integra wouldnt even place.
Very true and at a real show judges would actually know a difference in bolting on parts and custom fabing everything. Not that that applied at this show but i've been threw the same thing at other shows with my cars.
Old 04-25-2007, 07:35 AM
Registered Member

jentegraGS-R jentegraGS-R jentegraGS-R jentegraGS-R jentegraGS-R jentegraGS-R jentegraGS-R jentegraGS-R jentegraGS-R jentegraGS-R jentegraGS-R

I'm not saying anything bad about your car in general so don't take anything I say as an insult. Just from my view point your car isn't that clean. Paint is just one of the first things I notice about any car because it stands out the most. You can have the cleanist interior and a built engine and I still won't think a car is show worthy if it has dents all over it. The red integra was done about 4-5 years ago and the paint still looks like the day I shot the car. I don't personally care for body kits but its what they wanted on the car. I don't like decals all over a car but maybe you do? Or you just had them on for the points or syle or whatever. You had a painted vavle cover and strut bar in the engine bay and the rest looked like you had never cleaned or polished anything. So its just not the dents that lead me to say the car isn't clean, its a combination of what I saw.

Again, this is just my opinion and everyone has their priorities as to what they do first on a car. Get some paint on your car and clean up the engine bay
what part of my engine bay wasn't clean? it was very clean...you could eat off that bitch. is it b/c it wasn't tucked? or it didn't have chrome all over the place? i mean i dont know what your definition of clean is lol. and what part of my car needs to get painted? the only thing exterior wise that's bad is the door dings.
Old 04-25-2007, 07:36 AM
Registered Member

Originally Posted by Versus1_NSX
Old 04-25-2007, 07:37 AM
Registered Member

6spdeg has disabled reputation

Very true and at a real show judges would actually know a difference in bolting on parts and custom fabing everything. Not that that applied at this show but i've been threw the same thing at other shows with my cars.
this is true.. but dont forget some car/truck shows are quantity not quality...
Seen many vehicles get shit that looked like it had every bolt on stickon part you could imagine.. like a lund factory truck or apc civic...
Old 04-25-2007, 07:39 AM
VERSUS1™

Jermizzle will become famous soon enough

Originally Posted by AsianNameTagGrl
what part of my engine bay wasn't clean? it was very clean...you could eat off that bitch. is it b/c it wasn't tucked? or it didn't have chrome all over the place? i mean i dont know what your definition of clean is lol. and what part of my car needs to get painted? the only thing exterior wise that's bad is the door dings.
calm down! loz

for realz you prolly have the one of the best looking dc2 engine bay's in the area if not the best....theres not much more u can do to it! hahah

Quick Reply: NHRA Virginia Sport Compact Nationals April 22-23